• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global 1.9 Update

1.9?

• Yeah man! We totally want duel wielding and a cool down time for fighting!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No we should just stick to what we were doing and be normal

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Nonze

So it seems so that the server is planning on going to 1.9 :( I don't think this is a good idea... this will affect the pvp EXTREMELY probably create a lot of bugs and just won't be fun. A lot of people will either leave or join the server bc of 1.9 idk. I just wouldn't take the risk. Like 50% of the server is pvp (sg, kit pvp, and skywars)
I think the server shouldn't move to 1.9 just my opinion

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Having played 1.9 pvp, it really isnt that bad. It could allow for many needed buffs or nerfs with the new lingering potions and tipped arrows. This coyld also allow for a few more kits. The dual weilding is nice, since you can hold a sword and a bow yet still fire the bow or swing the sword. There is a bit of a delay, but its not too big of an effect in pvp. Overall, i think the server needs to stay up to date with the latest versions

Xist_

Having played 1.9 pvp, it really isnt that bad. It could allow for many needed buffs or nerfs with the new lingering potions and tipped arrows. This coyld also allow for a few more kits. The dual weilding is nice, since you can hold a sword and a bow yet still fire the bow or swing the sword. There is a bit of a delay, but its not too big of an effect in pvp. Overall, i think the server needs to stay up to date with the latest versions
No, Just no this game is about skill not having the best stuff 1.9 just makes it if you have good stuff you win. This server was built on pvp don't change it.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
No, Just no this game is about skill not having the best stuff 1.9 just makes it if you have good stuff you win. This server was built on pvp don't change it.
1.9 still is based on skill also. Its not entirely imbalanced. Im sure that sg would not change all that much, perhaps a few lingering potions or tipped arrows could be found in care packages, but that's not too imbalanced. Skywars there wouldn't be that big of a change, Hitman would have possibly a few kits changed, but not to a point of OPness. UHC would remain very similar, Factions (when released) it wont really affect, Pvp will have to have a few kits balanced, but not a ton.

If you look at the stats and not just opinions, there is not a ton of difference other than a few new items that are well balanced.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
So it seems so that the server is planning on going to 1.9 :( I don't think this is a good idea... this will affect the pvp EXTREMELY probably create a lot of bugs and just won't be fun. A lot of people will either leave or join the server bc of 1.9 idk. I just wouldn't take the risk. Like 50% of the server is pvp (sg, kit pvp, and skywars)
I think the server shouldn't move to 1.9 just my opinion
>50% of the server is pvp
>pvp has 1/5ths of the amount of average parkour users
Yeah no, there isn't any risk. (maybe play other gamemodes before making assumptions?)
bwahahaha
>built on pvp
>happy HUNGER GAMES
>pvp is still today one of the smallest gamemodes
I'm glad pvpers are a dedicated few, but cmon there is nothing to fear. Trenly brings up good points!

Xist_

Yeah no, there isn't any risk. (maybe play other gamemodes before making assumptions?)
bwahahaha
>built on pvp
>happy HUNGER GAMES
I'm glad pvpers are a dedicated few, but cmon there is nothing to fear. Trenly brings up good points!

Do you understand what pvp is? Player vs player SO this can be hg, skywars, pvp, hitman. Are you really that dumb?

Nonze

bwahahaha
>built on pvp
>happy HUNGER GAMES

Oh sorry I didn't realize pvp was so small in the server so if we do got to 1.9 I will just get used to it

Thank u for explaining

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
1.9 is a load of trash with its cooldown hitting nonsense, and has to be one of the worst moves minecraft has ever done. And Xist_ is 110% right, if we are going to go fully to 1.9 with the cooldown hitting garbage (Im pretty sure you can disable it) Then the pvpers of the server will almost fully take their leave. Combos will not be a thing anymore, because itll take about 8 years to kill someone when they have to do the shortest and least powerful hits possible to keep it going, doing next to no damage, they will literally just have to weave about and slap the player, and hope that they have missed a swing and have to cooldown. Its just worth mentioning that if the server moves fully to 1.9, me and my G's (Almost all the the good pvpers on the server) are leaving. I mean I will admit, the duel wielding is a good idea, and ill be happy for that to be added, but this stupid cooldown thing will overpower that in stupidity and annoyingness.
bwahahaha
>built on pvp
>happy HUNGER GAMES
(Done in order from the list)
>This is why it will infect the server so much. (Yes, I mean infect)
>Pvp itself has 1/5 of the users of parkour, but Pvp counts for Hunger games, skywars, hitman, mobarena, UHC and bridges as well as the actual pvp gamemode. So if you add all of them up, its a hella lot more than parkour bro, just saying.
"Yeah no, there isn't any risk. (maybe play other gamemodes before making assumptions?)."- Maybe you should think about what I just said and re-write that. Also come to think of it, you need to play pvp as I've played all gamemodes a lot, and you haven't really tried pvp properly am I correct? I think I am, so please do before saying this.
"bwahahaha"- I wouldn't be laughing if I where you.
>Once again, the reason why it will ruin the server.
>...Do I have to say it?
>Once again, pvp takes up most of the server altogether, you cant just count the actual gamemode, because it wont just affect that. Also, if you stop judging it on the old, pvp gamemode isn't actually one of the smallest gamemodes. True, creative, parkour, skywars, and more of the time jigsaw and skyblock are more popular. However, drawit, the bridges, mobarena, scbb, UHC, kotl, oitc and most of the time hitman are less popular gamemodes than pvp, and yes, that does take into consideration of the capping of the amount of people in gamemodes. So your statement is false, as pvp is not one of the smallest gamemodes.
Oh sorry I didn't realize pvp was so small in the server so if we do got to 1.9 I will just get used to it
You'll need to read this bro.
imo 1.9 update is a step in the right direction for pvp, vanilla Minecraft wasn't really even meant to be pvp before it.
No, just simply... No.

Last edited:

Xist_

1.9 is a load of trash with its cooldown hitting nonsense, and has to be one of the worst moves minecraft has ever done. And Xist_ is 110% right, if we are going to go fully to 1.9 with the cooldown hitting garbage (Im pretty sure you can disable it) Then the pvpers of the server will almost fully take their leave. Combos will not be a thing anymore, because itll take about 8 years to kill someone when they have to do the shortest and least powerful hits possible to keep it going, doing next to no damage, they will literally just have to weave about and slap the player, and hope that they have missed a swing and have to cooldown. Its just worth mentioning that if the server moves fully to 1.9, me and my G's (Almost all the the good pvpers on the server) are leaving. I mean I will admit, the duel wielding is a good idea, and ill be happy for that to be added, but this stupid cooldown thing will overpower that in stupidity and annoyingness.

>This is why it will infect the server so much.
>Pvp itself has 1/5 of the users of parkour, but Pvp counts for Hunger games, skywars, hitman, mobarena, UHC and bridges as well as the actual pvp gamemode. So if you add all of them up, its a hella lot more than parkour bro, just saying.
"Yeah no, there isn't any risk. (maybe play other gamemodes before making assumptions?)."- Maybe you should think about what I just said and re-write that.
>...Do I have to say it?
>Once again, pvp takes up most of the server altogether, you cant just count the actual gamemode, because it wont just affect that. Also, if you stop judging it on the old, pvp gamemode isn't actually one of the smallest gamemodes. True, creative, parkour, skywars, and more of the time jigsaw and skyblock are more popular. However, drawit, the bridges, mobarena, scbb, UHC, kotl, oitc and most of the time hitman are less popular gamemodes than pvp, and yes, that does take into consideration of the capping of the amount of people in gamemodes. So your statement is false, as pvp is not one of the smallest gamemodes.

No, just simply... No.

Can i give this man 5 likes?

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
Do you understand what pvp is? Player vs player SO this can be hg, skywars, pvp, hitman. Are you really that dumb?
I understand, but as Trenly said it's a easy fix for the most part. Those game modes aren't PVP exclusive and involve lots of other factors besides straight PVP. That's why I didn't mention them.

"Yeah no, there isn't any risk. (maybe play other gamemodes before making assumptions?)."- Maybe you should think about what I just said and re-write that. Also come to think of it, you need to play pvp as I've played all gamemodes a lot, and you haven't really tried pvp properly am I correct? I think I am, so please do before saying this.
>...Do I have to say it?

No, just simply... No.
fB19z.gif

imo 1.9 update is a step in the right direction for pvp, vanilla Minecraft wasn't really even meant to be pvp before it.
Creative+Parkour = 86% of the server population
^^^^^^^

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I don't care for 1.9 either, but at least they're actually doing pvp instead of the previous trash which wasn't even pvp (honestly, almost every game with multiplayer does better than minecraft for pvp).
True true, I do see what you mean, fair point. But then again, although the gameplay for other games pvp is better than Minecraft's, no other game does pvp like minecraft does. They're literally making minecraft into an energy sword battle from halo reach, where you just have to hope that you'll pull the trigger at exactly the right time before your opponent does, only it will take about 10 years to actually kill anyone.
The only reason you put is here is so you have something good to fall back on after you got a dose of shredding after I put you wrong on every single one of your statements. Plus pvp is involved in most of the gamemodes, and regardless of what you say, they will all be ruined if the pvp is ruined, like it will be with 1.9, and ill be more than happy to explain for every one of these gamemode's in why it will be ruined.

Also its worth mentioning that I am not against all of 1.9, most of it is a great idea and should be good for the pvp in minecraft. But honestly, the new cooldown in hitting will simply ruin all of it, simple fact.

Last edited:

iwasakoala

>...Do I have to say it?

No, just simply... No.
This is actualy tru....

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
True true, I do see what you mean, fair point. But then again, although the gameplay for other games pvp is better than Minecraft's, no other game does pvp like minecraft does. They're literally making minecraft into an energy sword battle from halo reach, where you just have to hope that you'll pull the trigger at exactly the right time before your opponent does, only it will take about 10 years to actually kill anyone.

The only reason you put is here is so you have something good to fall back on after you got a dose of shredding after I put you wrong on every single one of your statements. Plus pvp is involved in most of the gamemodes, and regardless of what you say, they will all be ruined if the pvp is ruined, like it will be with 1.9, and ill be more than happy to explain for every one of these gamemode's in why it will be ruined.

Also its worth mentioning that I am not against all of 1.9, most of it is a great idea and should be good for the pvp in minecraft. But honestly, the new cooldown in hitting will simply ruin all of it, simple fact.
The reason I countered with that is because you Amelia Bedelia-d what I said. I was being half-hearted with my statement and you took it waaaaay too literally.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
The reason I countered with that is because you Amelia Bedelia-d what I said. I was being half-hearted with my statement and you took it waaaaay too literally.
You have known me long enough to know that I always take things like this seriously bro, especially when its about pvp and is a serious topic, as it will affect the whole servers population depending on how things are chosen.

AlaskanSkies

Fact is, HHG is gonna be updated. There's really no point in not updating besides putting off the PvP change. If HHG sticks with 1.8 while the rest of MC starts moving on to 1.9, 1.9.1, etc, the player amount is going to drop. I think a simple solution would be to create a suggestions thread that asks to remove the hitting cool down when HHG is updated, as there is really no other problem with 1.9 besides this.
If you don't agree with me, that's perfectly fine. This is only my opinion.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
Fact is, HHG is gonna be updated. There's really no point in not updating besides putting off the PvP change. If HHG sticks with 1.8 while the rest of MC starts moving on to 1.9, 1.9.1, etc, the player amount is going to drop. I think a simple solution would be to create a suggestions thread that asks to remove the hitting cool down when HHG is updated, as there is really no other problem with 1.9 besides this.
Sounds good!

Nonze

You have known me long enough to know that I always take things like this seriously bro, especially when its about pvp and is a serious topic, as it will affect the whole servers population depending on how things are chosen.
Reading all ur comments made me realize that the server will lose a lot of pvpers to other servers or something while it Is Tru whenever I join creative or pk it is full of people that doesn't mean pvp is just a small part of the server

Last edited by a moderator:

Unitus

Retired Staff
What I believe would be cool, is to code the server to support 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9, and everyone will be happy (if this type of coding is even possible) I have seen 1.7 and 1.8 compatibility before, but now with a 3rd version, we would have to see

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
No, this is what needs to happen, good job on that, I was pretty sure that there will be plugins to remove the cooldown and revert pvp back, or maybe even just a way to simply disable it, but this is perfect.