• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Queen Parkour

juicylies

this parkour is located at my ninth plot, /p h circus tour 9. go check it out. the parkour is inspired by Nicki Minaj's album queen, hence the name. the difficulty is easy and length short. i decided to make it short and easy due to the fact that this server lacks in that department. people enjoy something quick and short and something that they can complete.

Om1210

First of all, the parkour is way too short. Even for a short parkour it's not very lengthy at all. Second of all, I do not like the name of the parkour because it doesn't describe the parkour. You could even name it "Mesa Parkour" or "Badlands Parkour", or something that would depict what the parkour is actually about. Overall, I think you have a great start, and I really like the theme of parkour!

juicylies

First of all, the parkour is way too short. Even for a short parkour it's not very lengthy at all. Second of all, I do not like the name of the parkour because it doesn't describe the parkour. You could even name it "Mesa Parkour" or "Badlands Parkour", or something that would depict what the parkour is actually about. Overall, I think you have a great start, and I really like the theme of parkour!
yeah, but as stated in the description or whatever, it's based off Nicki Minaj's "queen" album, and if you look at the album cover or even watch her ganja burn music video then you would definitely see the connection and where the theme is coming from. the theme is a bit exclusive, sorry about that, but I prefer this way since that's how I became inspired to build the parkour.

Last edited:

Om1210

yeah, but as stated in the description or whatever, it's based off Nicki Minaj's "queen" album, and if you look at the album cover or even watch her ganja burn music video then you would definitely see the connection and where the theme is coming from. the theme is a bit exclusive, sorry about that, but I prefer this way since that's how I became inspired to build the parkour.
I agree that you should stick to a theme. However, considering that nine year olds or just people who don't know what queen is won't understand the theme. So I think that you should not name the parkour queen because most people won't get it, even if you do.

juicylies

I agree that you should stick to a theme. However, considering that nine year olds or just people who don't know what queen is won't understand the theme. So I think that you should not name the parkour queen because most people won't get it, even if you do.
as I said, the theme is pretty exclusive. but most people on parkour don't know what ascension means or what tomb raider (I didn't) is. I don't think the theme plays an important part. if you look at other servers, they have some super weird names for the maps that no one gets. in the end it's how good the build is, so I'm not really worried about the name. plus if it's a BIG DEAL then they could simply to change to something they seem more fitting. I'd also like to add that it is mentioned in the beginning of the parkour it says inspired by Nicki Minaj's album queen. so if they don't get it at first, they eventually will.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
As others have said, the parkour is very short. I like that it is easy, but easy doesn't have to mean that it is short. There could be more detail, but it isn't overwhelmingly lacking. You say the theme is "Exclusive" which may or may not be true, but it still has to be appropriate for the server. The album cover is risque enough as it is, but the songs on the album also contain profanity, drug references, and overtly sexual references. Since the theme is so prevalently not Server appropriate, even as "exclusive" as you claim it is, I cannot accept this map.

juicylies

As others have said, the parkour is very short. I like that it is easy, but easy doesn't have to mean that it is short. There could be more detail, but it isn't overwhelmingly lacking. You say the theme is "Exclusive" which may or may not be true, but it still has to be appropriate for the server. The album cover is risque enough as it is, but the songs on the album also contain profanity, drug references, and overtly sexual references. Since the theme is so prevalently not Server appropriate, even as "exclusive" as you claim it is, I cannot accept this map.
I mean the theme is some type of red desert. mainly people who've seen the ganja burn would get it get it. it if it's that big of a deal you could call it red rock parkour or red desert parkour or as someone suggested, mesa parkour.

ParadoxTaco

Right so I had time, figured I'd view forums and came across this post. Still interested in building despite the fact I don't do it anymore so I was curious to see the build. Honest opinion is that it's bland, short, and under detailed. The block red sand isn't a particularly appealing texture to begin with, though can be alright if used well, though it wasn't in this case. The map felt obscure and made little to know sense with the dead trees and large tree in the center. I even went ahead and watched Ganja Burn just cause you said you would have to watch it to understand the theme. But somehow I still didn't. The red sand makes sense, but all I say in the video was jagged rocks and rings of fire, besides the one bit where she is sitting on a tree branch. Not dead trees in the middle of a red sand desert, and that is just viewing the theme. The map, being so short, should focus more on detail so the player feels interested while doing the parkour, not to mention the surround hills just appear as a spammed mess of red sand in no particular shape. Adding height to the hills and smooth slopes would greatly increase the look of it. As for the parkour itself, being the generic floating block that seems way to common and that I personally think would look better if connected to the ground so it seems more solid, it feels rather easy and doesn't feel particularly entertaining to do as it just jumping from one single block of stained glass to the next without and change besides the occasional ladder thrown in. Finally the ending of jumping into the center of the tree feels random and out of nowhere. Apologies for being so harsh about the map but my opinion is that it could use improvement.

ParadoxTaco

This parkour has already been declined though.
Just cause a parkour has been declined does not mean it cannot be improved upon, resubmitted and accepted. I stated a few ways in which the parkour could be improved, though of course it is an opinion. People don't improve if they give up the first time they are rejected. I wouldn't mind having more parkours, though I rarely play on the server, so it would be nice to see people becoming better builders through criticism. Course it comes down to the builder if they wanna try and rework what they made or give up and move onto something new.