• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

[TUTORIAL] How to become a better respected member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello HHG Forumers! It is I, Orange here. Today I felt as if I have been reading quite a few posts where they aren't respected, don't get replies to, have bad grammar, etc. Well, I am honestly new to the Forum, but I over my years on the internet. I have visited many servers and their forums(No, I will not name the servers.) Anyways, I wish to share my knowledge with the people of this community who wish to get respected a bit more and want to learn how to become a better forum member/poster.

Here are the main ways in which I have found that turn out the best way to get respected and to become a better poster:

1. Speak grammatically correct.
One of the best ways in which I have found to turn out the most amount of respect is to speak English properly. Or any language properly in that matter. Here are two examples of proper and improper grammar.

IMPROPER:
hey guyz i love to eat PizZA do u lik to et pizza to?????!!!?1!

PROPER:
Hey guys, I really enjoy eating pizza. I was wondering if any of you enjoy eating pizza as well?

Do you guys see the difference? One makes you sound ignorant(not to be mean) and the other makes you sound educated and polite! :) I have seen this is one of the major reasons why people don't get much respect or views or feedback on their posts.

2. Be polite!
I have seen this to also be one of the key factors on why people are disrespected and/or don't get much feedback on their posts. Here are a few ways to be polite/impolite:

Impolite:
[*]Swearing [*]Not saying please/thank you
[*]Being rude [*]Lying & etc.

Polite:
[*]Speaking calmly [*]Telling the truth
[*]Being kind [*]Giving constructive feedback to people's posts & etc.

To be updated!

Vintagebeats

Quantum Orange said:
Hello HHG Forumers! It is I, Orange here. Today I felt as if I have been reading quite a few posts where they aren't respected, don't get replies to, have bad grammar, etc. Well, I am honestly new to the Forum, but I over my years on the internet. I have visited many servers and their forums(No, I will not name the servers.) Anyways, I wish to share my knowledge with the people of this community who wish to get respected a bit more and want to learn how to become a better forum member/poster.

Here are the main ways in which I have found that turn out the best way to get respected and to become a better poster:

One of the best ways in which I have found to turn out the most amount of respect is to speak English properly. Or any language properly in that matter. Here are two examples of proper and improper grammar.

IMPROPER:

PROPER:
Hey guys, I really enjoy eating pizza. I was wondering if any of you enjoy eating pizza as well?

Do you guys see the difference? One makes you sound ignorant(not to be mean) and the other makes you sound educated and polite! :) I have seen this is one of the major reasons why people don't get much respect or views or feedback on their posts.

2. Be polite!
I have seen this to also be one of the key factors on why people are disrespected and/or don't get much feedback on their posts. Here are a few ways to be polite/impolite:

Impolite:

Polite:

To be updated!

bro, no one knows u

michalthekid

Trusted Member
/\
Well, looks like someone didn't read...

[...]
Anyway I agree with you, Quantum, that keeping your grammar and politeness is something everyone should do. Even if you type fast, you should consider that other people want to read your post too.

Oh, I forgot. Welcome to the Happy Hunger Games Network official forum!

michalthekid said:
/\
Well, looks like someone didn't read...

[...]
Anyway I agree with you, Quantum, that keeping your grammar and politeness is something everyone should do. Even if you type fast, you should consider that other people want to read your post too.

Oh, I forgot. Welcome to the Happy Hunger Games Network official forum!

Thank you for actually taking the time to read and respond. I also thank you for the welcome. I have been on this server for a little over a year now, but just decided to register on the forums. I'm a Tribute as of this post and will be doing my utmost best to donate more. Anyways, thanks again! :D

itsjustpizazz

I really like your idea! I think everyone should follow these rules on the forums. I definitely agree about the grammar part. Welcome to Happy Hunger Games Forum! :D

PizazzAttack said:
I really like your idea! I think everyone should follow these rules on the forums. I definitely agree about the grammar part. Welcome to Happy Hunger Games Forum! :D

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope get to see you in game sometime! :)

Vintagebeats

Quantum Orange said:
PizazzAttack said:

Writing this makes me assume. uh ur a bag of scum.

no offnse mate

Vintagebeats said:
Quantum Orange said:
PizazzAttack said:

no offnse mate

I don't understand how, but okay. I will just ignore this comment due to the fact that you may have said no offense, it still is offensive. Just saying.

captainloopy

Another good thing is to be a GREAT friend just like nickbball he was SO nice to me he even got me banned! Could you believe how nice that is AND is NOT even my birthday!

ItsMrRice

Trusted Member
Vintagebeats said:
Quantum Orange said:
PizazzAttack said:

no offnse mate

Like you haven't been this entire time. Takes one to accuse one.

Nickbballl

captainloopy said:
Another good thing is to be a GREAT friend just like nickbball he was SO nice to me he even got me banned! Could you believe how nice that is AND is NOT even my birthday!
No problem!

Nickbballl

You weren't supposed to find out. It is bull how Chris tells me nothing. I will ask him a question and he says I am not telling :D .i sent him the report over skype so...you shouldn't know

TelliniTello22

Quantum Orange said:

IMPROPER:

PROPER:

2. Be polite!

Impolite:

Polite:

To be updated!
I agree with you. Sometimes we may use improper spelling just because the topic is also with improper spelling, or sometimes I just use it. Also, please forgive me if you have seen any improper spelling of me on the forums, I am young and english isn't and will never be my main language. My main language is spanish and that is how it will stay. If you see any improper spelling from me please remember this.

Status
Not open for further replies.