• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Hitman Shrinking border

Asplia

So I'm sure most of you have played Hitman. It's a very fun gamemode, but I have one huge problem with it, camping. There is no time limit to this gamemode, or rule against camping. Now even if there was a camping rule, obviously there would be some people to rebel against that rule. So I tried my best to come up with a solution to prevent camping or infinite running, a shrinking border. After X amount of players die the border would activate. The border would shrink according to the amount of players there is, eventually shrinking to a size where players would have just enough room to fight.
Hopefully something like this could be added to prevent battles going on for 30mins+(Yes, I've had battles with people that have gone on longer than 30mins.)

AlaskanSkies

I don't agree to this- one of the main points of Hitman is to find your target, and it is not just PvP. Camping can be prevented in other ways, like putting up barriers in certain places.

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Great idea! :D Campers are so annoying as it just takes the fun out of the game because all you do is run around trying to find the camper which wastes time.

jawa888

Yeah, the one kit with jump boost is really annoying cause they jump on houses and trees.

ItsSheep

Retired Staff
So I'm sure most of you have played Hitman. It's a very fun gamemode, but I have one huge problem with it, camping. There is no time limit to this gamemode, or rule against camping. Now even if there was a camping rule, obviously there would be some people to rebel against that rule. So I tried my best to come up with a solution to prevent camping or infinite running, a shrinking border. After X amount of players die the border would activate. The border would shrink according to the amount of players there is, eventually shrinking to a size where players would have just enough room to fight.
Hopefully something like this could be added to prevent battles going on for 30mins+(Yes, I've had battles with people that have gone on longer than 30mins.)
I suggested the exact same thing for Hunger Games on another server! :D

AlaskanSkies

Barriers work fine to prevent camping.
The main point of Hitman is to find your target. A moving barrier would make it too based upon PvP. This is not PvP, and it is not supposed to be just PvP. If a moving barrier is added, it ruins part of the fun, which is finding your target.
I honestly think that what makes Hitman fun is that it is not just PvP.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Barriers work fine to prevent camping.
The main point of Hitman is to find your target. A moving barrier would make it too based upon PvP. This is not PvP, and it is not supposed to be just PvP. If a moving barrier is added, it ruins part of the fun, which is finding your target.
I honestly think that what makes Hitman fun is that it is not just PvP.
LOL you are just evading any way you can the point of pvping, you need to pvp other people to win, and a shrinking border will most probably not get added, but pls quit saying hitman is not about pvp...

AlaskanSkies

LOL you are just evading any way you can the point of pvping, you need to pvp other people to win, and a shrinking border will most probably not get added, but pls quit saying hitman is not about pvp...
I'm not just avoiding PvP- I am trying to make my point that adding a moving barrier would make it more of a PvP based game. =)
I know PvP is part of the game, but adding that barrier would make the game more PvP-based than finding-someone based. And, on forums, I can say what I want, but thank you for your opinion. =)

Unitus

Retired Staff
I'm not just avoiding PvP- I am trying to make my point that adding a moving barrier would make it more of a PvP based game. =)
I know PvP is part of the game, but adding that barrier would make the game more PvP-based than finding-someone based. And, on forums, I can say what I want, but thank you for your opinion. =)
With all right you can say all you want, notice I said please, np