• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Ranked PVP (Skill)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshinebabyy

So I had this idea of ranking PvP. Only because I see a lot of people calling names like "Noob" and such and I also see "You suck" or "you hack" when the player is just very skilled. So this idea is ranking PvP in skill.

Example: Beginners, Trainees, Semi-Pros, ad Pros. Each time you get to a certain rank, you level up and unlock the other playing arena's. (Ranks don't need to be reset.) And different maps could be built for the different playing arena's like more obstacles the harder everything is. So for Beginners the map would have like a few trees and a mountain or cliff and Trainees get like 15-20 trees in their arena and so on. This is to make it harder for them when they fight people. (The maps we have now are perfect for this so we most likely won't need to build more maps if this goes through.)

Or, it could be like sg without having to unlock everything, we just play. Also for coins I was thinking maybe we should earn more coins instead of just one? What about 5 coins or 3?

Edit/Update: If this doesn't go through maybe, if it's possible have a training arena w/ bots and you can choose your difficulty for people that aren't so good at pvp. Like me for example, I suck xD

Thanks,
May

Last edited:

sunshinebabyy

Isnt this already achieved by the ranks that are already there?
I guess but what I'm saying is like have them separated in different arenas instead of us all playing in one big arena, I believe this gives us a bigger chance at getting better, playing with people my level helps me get better as I am getting better bit by bit. Hopefully this is how it works with other people

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I guess but what I'm saying is like have them separated in different arenas instead of us all playing in one big arena, I believe this gives us a bigger chance at getting better, playing with people my level helps me get better as I am getting better bit by bit. Hopefully this is how it works with other people
If you can weightlift 15 kg with relative ease, do you continue lifting 15 kg to get stronger? No, you lift 20 kg, 25 kg, as much as you can handle. Same concept goes for pvp. The best way to get better is to fight people more skilled than you.

Nonze

I dont believe this would work as if because if we separated all the "pros" and "noobs" then whats really the point in trying to get better xD
I improved myself by 1v1ing my brother who was better than me countless amounts of time. :p

sunshinebabyy

"Each time you get to a certain rank, you level up and unlock the other playing arena's." As I said. I'm not trying to start an argument but this is what I said. I spoke with Zainos earlier and he liked the idea. But thanks for your opinions =)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
"Each time you get to a certain rank, you level up and unlock the other playing arena's." As I said. I'm not trying to start an argument but this is what I said. I spoke with Zainos earlier and he liked the idea. But thanks for your opinions =)
Just because Zainos likes the idea doesnt mean the community will. There are many factors that help Zainos decide if something will be added or not added.

I like that there are all skill levels in one arena and disagree that they should be split up. What if I am the only high ranking player on? Am i supposed to pvp in an arena that nobody else has access to?

sunshinebabyy

Just because Zainos likes the idea doesnt mean the community will. There are many factors that help Zainos decide if something will be added or not added.

I like that there are all skill levels in one arena and disagree that they should be split up. What if I am the only high ranking player on? Am i supposed to pvp in an arena that nobody else has access to?
I wasn't using Zainos to make you like it. I said he did because that's the reason I posted. I said "What is we rank PvP?" "He said "Sounds cool" and so I decided to make a more descriptive version of it. No need to start an argument Trenly.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I wasn't using Zainos to make you like it. I said he did because that's the reason I posted. I said "What is we rank PvP?" "He said "Sounds cool" and so I decided to make a more descriptive version of it. No need to start an argument Trenly.
I wasnt trying to start an argument, nothing I said would have come even remotely close. I was stating that there are many things that effect if something is added or not. There is no need for you to get defensive at something that was never attacking the idea

MineJam

Retired Staff
How about both of you stop replying to eachother. Personally I'm not very fond of me not being able to play with people I like because I'm better than them. And we have a ranking system. Its a stupidly confusing ranking system but we have one. There is also a leaderboard for top 100. Its not based off of skill which I think should be changed but other than that I like how it is now.

sunshinebabyy

How about both of you stop replying to eachother. Personally I'm not very fond of me not being able to play with people I like because I'm better than them. And we have a ranking system. Its a stupidly confusing ranking system but we have one. There is also a leaderboard for top 100. Its not based off of skill which I think should be changed but other than that I like how it is now.
Thanks for your opinion =)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
How about both of you stop replying to eachother . . .There is also a leaderboard for top 100. Its not based off of skill which I think should be changed but other than that I like how it is now.
1) we can reply to eachother however we wish, as long as we arent breaking rules. I don't aprreciate a non-staff member trying to tell me what to do.

2) But the leaderboard is based on skill. It takes skill to gain xp through killing people, and getting killstreaks. The more exp you have, the more skill its indicative of (also more playtime, but generally skill). And its not all ranked people in the top 10.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I think that it would be a great idea to keep the current pvp ranks, and let people pvp with people that have the same ranks

MineJam

Retired Staff
1) we can reply to eachother however we wish, as long as we arent breaking rules. I don't aprreciate a non-staff member trying to tell me what to do.

2) But the leaderboard is based on skill. It takes skill to gain xp through killing people, and getting killstreaks. The more exp you have, the more skill its indicative of (also more playtime, but generally skill). And its not all ranked people in the top 10.

What's the difference if I am a staff member or not? If a staff member were to say the same thing you wouldn't agree anyways so what does it matter?
Didn't know trying to stop an argument would make me the bad guy because I "Tried to tell someone what to do" Get over yourself and stop making an argument out of everything anyone says. And frankly I couldn't care less about what you appreciate and what you don't it shouldn't matter who tf I am, all any staff member can (try) to do is make and enforce the rules. They obv can't force you to do anything so it doesn't matter whether I'm a staff member or not, you should listen to what people say and not have a ****** attitude every time you're on the forums. I'm done with this post, Gl on the suggestion IllyMac
By the way, The top 100 on pvp is based on XP which decides your rank, meaning it is a ranked based leaderboard.

Last edited:

SAFollis

Trusted Member
I think it'd be better if there was a ranking system that operated separately, like in CS:GO how there's casual and competitive. So like 10 ranks that goes like this:
bottom rank: 1%
2nd rank: 4%
3rd rank: 10%
4th rank: 20%
mid rank: 30%
6th rank: 20%
7th rank: 10%
8th rank: 4%
9th rank: 0.75%
10th rank: 0.25%

and it'd figure it out by how many wins you have in competitive and match you up with people of a similar score
1 win = +10 score
1 loss = -5 score

and kits would always be the same in ranked section.

sunshinebabyy

I think it'd be better if there was a ranking system that operated separately, like in CS:GO how there's casual and competitive. So like 10 ranks that goes like this:

and it'd figure it out by how many wins you have in competitive and match you up with people of a similar score
1 win = +10 score
1 loss = -5 score

That's a great idea =)

Majorconnor10

1 win = +10 score
1 loss = -5 score

So .25% of people would be the top rank? So 1 out of 400 people in the top rank? There are never 400 people on pvp! What are the top rank supposed to do when they are on? Roam around alone?

SAFollis

Trusted Member
So .25% of people would be the top rank? So 1 out of 400 people in the top rank? There are never 400 people on pvp! What are the top rank supposed to do when they are on? Roam around alone?
te-ru, but it'd be based off of points, like CS:GO. These would just be visibility (ex. 1000 points, look like top rank but could play with someone at 900 points who's a rank below)

ImTea

Retired Staff
Nah. Won't work.

Look at it this way. Lets say there is approximately 45 players on Kit-PvP at any given moment.
Using This System,
We can conclude that 0.1125 of players will be in the top rank... What? Ok, lets remove that rank.
At the second top rank, 0.3375.
The third? 1.8.
And fourth? 4.5.
Fifth? 9.
At the mid rank, we have 9 players, and ONLY when kitpvp it at its peak amount of players. And what about the 9 players there? What if 4 of them are teamed, and the others are solo. Not really fair, is it? How are you supposed to "rank up" if you get teamed on constantly. Plus, that would mean we would need maps the size of the 1v1 arenas to actually have decent pvp.

sunshinebabyy

Nah. Won't work.

Look at it this way. Lets say there is approximately 45 players on Kit-PvP at any given moment.
Using This System,
We can conclude that 0.1125 of players will be in the top rank... What? Ok, lets remove that rank.
The third? 1.8.
And fourth? 4.5.
Fifth? 9.
At the mid rank, we have 9 players, and ONLY when kitpvp it at its peak amount of players. And what about the 9 players there? What if 4 of them are teamed, and the others are solo. Not really fair, is it? How are you supposed to "rank up" if you get teamed on constantly. Plus, that would mean we would need maps the size of the 1v1 arenas to actually have decent pvp.
Not trying to start an argument =) but, my idea was not ranking like this but having the same rank system but with different arenas for the other plays, and now that I see it differently, all 'rank arenas' are unlocked for beginners, etc and so if they feel they've gotten better they can go into the other arenas with the other players. We could also have them buy other arenas for vote tokens. Just an idea and explanation =)

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Nah. Won't work.

Using This System,
The third? 1.8.
And fourth? 4.5.
Fifth? 9.
for mine ik, it's just a rough draft of an idea

ImTea

Retired Staff
Not trying to start an argument =) but, my idea was not ranking like this but having the same rank system but with different arenas for the other plays, and now that I see it differently, all 'rank arenas' are unlocked for beginners, etc and so if they feel they've gotten better they can go into the other arenas with the other players. We could also have them buy other arenas for vote tokens. Just an idea and explanation =)
I don't see then how this is any different to the ranks we have now, except more maps.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I'm really confused by all this percentage thing (well I can't calculate when I'm sick xD), basically what I want is to pvp with the people that have Private, well I never played pvp until I found HHG, and I really just suck at pvp, so really want to pvp with other players that also have the Private rank.

So I thought of something, maybe people with lower ranks can go in high rank arenas, and high ranked people can't go in any arenas that's for lower ranks? Because say if a Captain comes in a Private arena they would kill everyone xD um idk, just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.