• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mob Arena New Mob Arena Made By MC_ProYT

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
Hello there! This is the map try-hard that got 1 map accepted and is too over-confident that he is gonna get another 1 accepted, but nope! This map is probs gettin declined! :)

So basically, I made a mob arena arena, if that makes since.. I have NOT made the little place where people chose their kit before they go into the arena, for I will make that IF this map gets accepted..

This build was actually an old build that I had completely forgot about, so I decided to finish it!

This build is located on my 34th plot on the creative server.. If you are 2 lazy (like me) to go there, here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/yW989

Im actually being serious now, I would really like this map to get accepted, so please, leave feedback and I will try to edit it as much as possible for the best result!

Thanks! :D

ilymore

This is awesome! i love it,but maybe like something to hide behind to drink potions/regen I find it similar to the other arena but different blocks..This is still amazing xD hoping this gets accepted ;) :p Gl

iiDoozie

You can't have a good looking map if you only use World Edit. The best maps are the ones that are done fully by hand in my opinion.

MistTheSnitch

Trusted Member
I like it :) We could use some more MA arenas, and this has a completely different theme than others. The only thing I would suggest is maybe adding some little something like lava under the glass sphere for spectators :D

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
You can't have a good looking map if you only use World Edit. The best maps are the ones that are done fully by hand in my opinion.
True in some instances. But what makes you think the maps' world edited? There's a difference between world editing to save time (rotate, flip, setting large areas) and being able to see that it was clearly world edited (when you can clearly see world edit spheres in mountains, ect)

Anyway, I don't mind this map! It follows the same sort of look as arena 1 and 2, but personally I prefer maps like the snow map (arena 3) and (fun fact) the new Western 1v1 arena was going to be for mob arena.
There isn't a whole ton of detail, but I suppose that arenas 1 and 2 don't have much (but they are very old arenas, so that's really not an excuse)
The floor is nice! I like the stair carving going around it. The walls aren't too bad. They could use some work though. But I really don't like the roof. I think I've said this a million times, but I really don't like glowstone as a block. And the shape of th roof is a bit weird.
In the spectator area, I don't think you should have used stained glass, the purple doesn't go well with the wood and stone colours.
There are things I like about this map, and things I don't. But the things I dislike about this arena are sadly pulling it down.
So I am sorry to say, but this map has been declined.

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
I love it a lot, we need for MA maps, I think you should add the lava! Other than that the rest is awesome! Good work! :)

OLL_97

I completely disagree with this comment. All WorldEdit does is speed up processes, it's very rare that a map or build would be completely worldedited with no hand work what so ever. Think of it this way, you need to do something by hand first to either rotate, flip, stack etc it don't you?

In fact in my opinion, if you're a builder that uses WorldEdit in your building, you're clever. It shows you have knowledge of building plugins, and it shows that you know what to do in order to speed up the building process. Builders at the top of their game use many many plugins and programs to make life easier..and they're creating some of the best builds ever built.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I completely disagree with this comment. All WorldEdit does is speed up processes, it's very rare that a map or build would be completely worldedited with no hand work what so ever. Think of it this way, you need to do something by hand first to either rotate, flip, stack etc it don't you?

In fact in my opinion, if you're a builder that uses WorldEdit in your building, you're clever. It shows you have knowledge of building plugins, and it shows that you know what to do in order to speed up the building process. Builders at the top of their game use many many plugins and programs to make life easier..and they're creating some of the best builds ever built.
Couldn't of said it better myself. It annoys me when people are like 'no world edit was used' on a big build. If you don't have access to world edit. Fair enough. But people who do, why do it by hand? World edit saves litterly hours upon hours of time.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
WorldEdit and VoxelSniper are the best things for a builder to use. Anyone who has access but chooses not to use it is an idiot.

iiDoozie

Didn't mean it like that. I am simply trying to say that that map looks like 1 world edit commands and random blocks to make it look less like the cylinder world edit command. And this does not apply to me. I greatly use world edit, but I do more to it after so it's not as obvious. Unlike this map, first time I looked at it, "Cylinder" came to mind.

And btw for the map, to me, after some thought I started to see some sort of library. It would be pretty cool to add some book shelves and stairs around the map. And some chandeliers with webs. In my opinion, that would make it much better.

Last edited: