• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Misworded Rule

me32305

Are you are suggesting that Zainos and Staff should have to do even more work monitoring players and even make changes to the Rules just because a player didn't bother to read them and/or can't deal with the consequences for breaking the rules?

Don't act like you've never broken a rule. There's many ways to be muted, and sometimes people do things wrong, they may be mad, trying to get a point across, etc.

Omg getting into if's is irrelevant. I doubt Zainos wants to tailor the rules to every little kids situation. If he/she can't register on forums that's not the servers fault. Sounds mean, but that's how it is broski.

Yeet

It's not even that sometimes they can't, some people don't want to. The entire point of this thread was for everyone not for "little kids" using terms like that just makes people mad.

Handeril has it completely right. I don't know if people are trying to suck up to Zainos or genuinely don't understand the argument. Think of yourself being permanently muted and people can't find out. I'm going to try and find a way to communicate with them, and it doesn't bother anyone else, and let's be honest, you can only get a sign or book on game modes like skyblock or UHC in which almost no one can see.

Its a game with simple rules... If you break a rule that is specifically stated on the forums its not the server or staffs fault. It is yours. People get in trouble for using skype because they use it to communicate to there friends and there friend then types what they said in chat for them. example: "he said that he hates you". THAT will get you banned and is 100% against the rules. Easy solution = don't break the rules. And if you're wrongly muted its not hard to screenshot and post it on the forums and make a dispute. And most of the time you get multiple warnings and its usually not a long mute. Just don't break the easy to follow rules....

Thanks for repeating everyone's opinion that we've seen a million times now. "Just don't break the rules" who the hell doesn't break rules? If you don't break a rule in your life then you're doing something wrong. Sometimes we get angry, want to have fun, etc.

Handeril

Don't act like you've never broken a rule. There's many ways to be muted, and sometimes people do things wrong, they may be mad, trying to get a point across, etc.

It's not even that sometimes they can't, some people don't want to. The entire point of this thread was for everyone not for "little kids" using terms like that just makes people mad.

Handeril has it completely right. I don't know if people are trying to suck up to Zainos or genuinely don't understand the argument. Think of yourself being permanently muted and people can't find out. I'm going to try and find a way to communicate with them, and it doesn't bother anyone else, and let's be honest, you can only get a sign or book on game modes like skyblock or UHC in which almost no one can see.

Thanks for repeating everyone's opinion that we've seen a million times now. "Just don't break the rules" who the hell doesn't break rules? If you don't break a rule in your life then you're doing something wrong. Sometimes we get angry, want to have fun, etc.

I agree with me32305's post, some people break the rules in sheer anger, and sometimes their own codes of honor. (Someone I know rather well is no stranger to that.) Though, on the last part there, you have a shockingly valid point, not everyone is flawless with the rules, in fact, any regular to the server and even the common passerby has made an accidental violation of the rules. Some people can even be wrongly banned or worse sometimes, and that happens too.

Have I broken the rules before? More than once. Does that make me a bad person? Heck no!

No-one's perfect, and we all make mistakes, it's a beautiful thing called "human error".

Tuut

Trusted Member
I went into "if"s to set up a situation for someone who has never (and likely will never) know how it feels to be in a someone else's shoes. Plus, it's not just a single kid or a few, I've encountered alot of kids who have basically no permission to sign up to anything outside of the server in question due to restrictive parents. So I think it should at least be helpful to put in a plugin that notifies people if the recipient of their message is muted. (So that way, they don't lose friends due to being "ignored" or be forced to break the rules of the server even more or even get in trouble with their own parents.)

This has gone from tossing in a few ideas in a "2 cents" post, to being a full-on argument about whether anything should be done for a literally "silent" crowd. Yes, they broke the rules, but isn't it enough of a living heck not to be able to talk to your friends whatsoever? Do they have to be forced to either break rules to get the news across, or possibly lose friends because they feel ignored?

Yes, they did something wrong, but if they can't dispute their mute (that rhymes) and obviously can't say they're muted. It'll at least be helpful for someone to be informed if a recipient is muted upon messaging them.

It seems like an extremely simple idea, and it wouldn't hurt to know if your best friend is muted or not, right? (As well as when they'll be unmuted, if they ever are.)

From this point forth, I feel like it's a better idea to stick with the plugin idea. Since it's the most lightweight/easy fix for a moderate issue. It wouldn't change the rules, and the notice won't pop up if you proudly broadcast any message you send to all of your friends. It would be exclusive to a run-of-the-mill private message.

[Seriously, is it really THAT bad to at least make it where the muted can rest assured their friends know they're muted when they message them?]
Do you want to pursue a career in writing? Cuz damn u wrote a book in this post. To respond to what you nicely color coded in blue, I don't care how many people are in that situation. If they know their only way of communication is Minecraft, then it should occur to them that they really really really need to read the whole dang rulebook before playing on the server so they don't risk a mute or ban.

Dnt cri

Handeril

Do you want to pursue a career in writing? Cuz damn u wrote a book in this post. To respond to what you nicely color coded in blue, I don't care how many people are in that situation. If they know their only way of communication is Minecraft, then it should occur to them that they really really really need to read the whole dang rulebook before playing on the server so they don't risk a mute or ban.

Dnt cri

Some people make mistakes, and it bites hard. Some kids don't think to read the rulebook intensively, and make honest mistakes. (While that puts them "ever so much more at fault", ignorance is a blissful mindset, and an accursed one to children. The server also strives for a "child-friendly" environment, so...)

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
We all understand each others argument here, really no point in continuing until Zainos responds, because at this point everyone is repeating themselves and multiple times. I have no problem with, and think it would be helpful to have a plugin when you tried to message someone it would say if they are muted. It would not provide the time or the reason because that's confidential information.

Handeril

The time of unmute is not really that confidential, though, the reason I can kinda understand. (Though, full on temp-bans display both...)

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
The time of unmute is not really that confidential, though, the reason I can kinda understand. (Though, full on temp-bans display both...)
Anything that is not already on the website we are not allowed to release. Including time of unmute.

me32305

Anything that is not already on the website we are not allowed to release. Including time of unmute.

I'm about to give you the hardest task of your life. Give one reason that the time of an unmute is confidential, besides "anything that is not on our website is confidential."

I do agree that this argument is going no where though, until Zainos responds.

Handeril

Of course Ive broken rules, but I take responsibility for the rules that I break and I don't go on the forums and write a novel as to why I should be able to bypass it.

Look, I'm sure people have taken responsibility for their own actions already. Though the event has created some new questions, and new ideas, much like real-life tragedies or breath-taking scenery can.

Because its no ones buisness?

It is someone's business, because they're muted, and not everyone knows why they're muted or how long they will be. (Because I've known friends to get hacked and they get muted and banned across multiple servers because of the hacker...)

Let's focus on the suggestion I first made many posts ago which put out the idea of simply having a notification system if someone is muted. Now, I see y'all think it's too "confidential" to disclose the time of unmute, but seriously, it's not THAT sensitive of information. If someone gets temp-banned or banned in general it tells the reason you were banned and even when you were banned (I think). If that info isn't already sensitive... and it's being disclosed to a player who could broadcast it to the entire internet (for whatever crazy purpose), then a simple notice of "This player is muted and will be unmuted on <Day> at <Time>" doesn't sound that outlandishly bad.

Kuiah

If you got muted, by no means you are allowed to bypass it by using a sign or book at the Server, since you got muted for a reason and attempting it to bypass it will result in a ban for the length of your mute! Furthermore, if you believe you got wrongly muted/banned, you may submit a punishment appeal HERE

It has come to my attention that there is a very open rule in place. People are muted because of profanity or spamming. This is a perfect system, except for the rule stated above. There are people being banned permanently because of this rule for "bypassing a mute" this is not bypassing a mute. If I'm muted and I talk to my friend on skype it's not bypassing a mute. If you're communicating with a book, that means that only one person is probably reading, and that person is your friend. You can't spam with a book or sign.

Another reason this is a terrible rule is because the staff don't know what they are saying in the books. They may just be telling their friend that they have been muted so that they don't think they're being ignored. Long time members who play constantly are being banned for something so meaningless. Staff members are following people around trying to find reasons to ban them.

I was banned for this reason, but I willingly TP'd an Admin to me to speak with him on a sign. I have no problem with being banned for bypassing a mute via [object].