• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Mini-Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorconnor10

I hear from staff members that mini-modding is against the rules, ex. Watch the spam (playername.)
Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't remind someone to follow the rules.
The closest it gets is:
  • Do not pretend to be a member of staff on the server. This includes claiming you are staff, threatening to ban a user or otherwise blackmail them. Impersonating staff will lead to a severe punishment.
And that is in forum rules.
I feel that it is ok to remind people to follow the rules, just not threaten them by saying "I will ban you"
or impersonating staff.
So Zainos, can you clarify, is "mini-modding" against the rules? (where you say ex. Watch the spam (playername) or ex. please don't do that, it is against the rules.)

iiDoozie

If you are hearing from staff members that mini-modding is against the rules, I assume it is against the rules. I will bet you that if you have heard otherwise, that person or they, are not staff. To clear it all up... If the staff say it is against the rules, it's against the rules.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Mini Modding is essentially acting like staff/claiming staff permissions you don't have. Enforcing the rules as an authority is something only Staff are supposed to do. Threatening to ban people if they don't obey you, trying to enforce the rules, like "please don't start spam chains" etc. is considered mini-modding. This can also happen on forums by trying to enforce the rules or acting like a staff member.

The best course of action to take if you see someone breaking the rules is to screenshot them and report them or to message an online staff member. Instead of everyone trying to enforce the rules for themselves, it's better for Staff to do that job (hence why we have select staff members, and hence why we do not allow mini-modding). :)

This question was just answered in another thread. Please dont duplicate post. However, i will suggest to Zainos that we add mini-modding to the server rules on the website for clarity.

Xist_

I don't understand the point of having mini-modding as a rule. It doesn't hurt anyone for someone to say (playername) don't spam.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
The problem is that staff are appointed based on maturity (among other factors) to help enforce the server rules. People can misinterpret or warp rules, or be very immature about it. Staff are given authority to enforce the rules and act on them, whereas normal players are given the ability to easily report a player on forums or to online staff. this system works very well

Anchezz

Trusted Member
The problem is that staff are appointed based on maturity (among other factors) to help enforce the server rules. People can misinterpret or warp rules, or be very immature about it. Staff are given authority to enforce the rules and act on them, whereas normal players are given the ability to easily report a player on forums or to online staff. this system works very well
There are not staff online 24/7, hell, not even half of the time when I'm online there's a staff member I can contact. And to simply just say "hey, spamming isnt allowed, stop it" is x10 faster than to take a screenshot, upload it to imgur and then make the report. This will also be more fair to players that has no intention to actually break the rules, instead they might have not known that what they did wasn't allowed. And telling them to stop will most likely make them stop, instead of reporting them and directly mute them for something they didn't intend to do in the first place.

Also I am not saying staff are inactive, it's just there's literally no staff from my timezone

_Bach_

Retired Staff
This is now on the official server rules:
Impersonating Staff/Mini-Modding

Claiming you are a staff member, have staff permissions (such as kick or ban) or acting like a staff member is not allowed.

Additionally, attempting to enforce the rules like a staff member (Mini-Modding) is prohibited. If you see a player breaking the rules, contact online staff or report the player here. Do not attempt to warn or correct the player’s behavior yourself.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
This was all part of the guide I made something like 5 months ago when I was a staff member that as I record was never checked... For the staff members to see again. http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/faq-for-player-reports-read-before-reporting-a-report.11486/
We checked it and I clearly remember telling you to add an example of ALL punishments before I can officially add that to the guides, as atm it's rather confusing. (Check out Skype if you don't believe me, but please don't lie <3) Furthermore, don't bother in sharing it since you are the only one who can see it apart of staff, as it's in the player reports section ;)

Back to topic, since this problem is already solved, as mini modding has been officially prohibited in the rules, I will lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.