• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global /ignore

Solomonella

Hi there. New player and donator. I see your post about a staff member saying that it won't be added back but not having an /ignore option is kind of stupid. Sure, we can report people, but how long does it take for some kind of action to be taken? Currently there are two trolls on the creative server who have been flaming and trolling everyone on said server for a good 20-30 minutes and there is no staff member online. One of my fellow users (sonke?) reported them but they're still just chilling there flaming anyone that gets on.

I've been on the server for about a week now (pretty much every day to some extent) and of all those times I have only seen a staff member on ONCE. If we aren't going to be able to ignore those who are blatantly disrupting chat and trolling everyone, I would say it's fair to ask that we at least have staff members on more often. And I'm not going to pretend it's strictly for disruption purposes. Sometimes there are people talking in the chat that just... annoy me; rather than deliver a rebuttal or say demeaning things, I'd rather just mute them and go about my business.

Sorry if this seems too blunt or demeaning or whatever feeling-sensitive term you would like to use, but I've been staff on and seen smaller servers with less staff that have members from multiple time zones to compensate for it being 2 AM.

TL;DR Please reconsider adding /ignore back in or create some notification system that goes to skype or whatever staff uses to communicate that lets them know when a report goes through so that it's dealt with more swiftly.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I do agree with you but I am pretty sure that Zainos has said that he will not add this. I guess if you have trolls to worry about; stick reporting them or use /togglemsg if they are privately messaging you. (PS: when I'm in creative I usually go into my settings and turn off chat completely or make it so just commands show)

MineJam

Retired Staff
I wish this would be added but I think the benefits don't outweigh the drawbacks. From what Zainos mentioned previously a while back. And I was on the server for a good 6+ hours yesterday and smoke was also on for a while. And even Universalz, and Willary... Just because a staff member isn't on when you're on doesn't mean they don't come on and deal with that same crap at a different time. If they're do something that's worth punishment then report it. They will get dealt with. I will even allow you to add my Skype so if no staff is on, I can hop on real fast or tell another staff member to hit you up. To be completely honest I do think we need more staff but its not the easiest to train multiple staff members and have them work productively. Look at me for example lol. Anyways if you don't like what someones putting in chat just /staff to see if a staff member is on and if there isn't, simply report the offense on the forums and it WILL be taken care of.

PenguinPeople

If someone is being annoying you should have the ability to ignore what they are saying. They aren't breaking the rules but you don't want them cluttering up your chat. It all comes down to this servers attitude that players should actively be reporting every rule breaker to the forums. while yes that would be nice and would help, it isn't there job that they signed up for.

Dawsonas

I honestly don't see any harm in adding a little plugin to enable muting, because somepeople are annoying on this server, (mostly in pvp). They say stuff like "L" or "trash" or "ez" and then that gets the other person mad.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I honestly don't see any harm in adding a little plugin to enable muting, because somepeople are annoying on this server, (mostly in pvp). They say stuff like "L" or "trash" or "ez" and then that gets the other person mad.
If they do it repetitively you could report them for spam/flamebaiting

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Seriously? :O glad you told me!
Yeah. The rules say (part bolded for clarity):
Rules said:
Respect Everybody

Every player deserves to have the best Minecraft experience, and being disrespectful towards others and the ideals of others, will not achieve this goal that Happy-HG believes in! Discussions about racism, sexism, Inappropriate conduct and references, religious and political views, and any other form of Discrimination will not be tolerated. Please do not disrespect our players or staff in any way. This includes being rude, bullying, harassment, flame-baiting and/or giving personal information of players.

If its one time of being rude or flamebaiting its usually not punishable, since one occurence isnt really noteworthy. If it happens often however, then I would definitely report it. I usually make sure I have at least 5 different screenshots of them being rude/flamebaiting/harassing before I will report it. Also remember that the screenshots dont have to be from the same day, they can be used as evidence up to 2 weeks from when they were taken

youngfloppa

Honestly, I hardly ever get annoyed on the server. When there IS someone spamming, curing, whatever I just ignore them manually. Sure, it would be nice to type a simple command to stop you from seeing their messages, however, it would get to complicated. Someone could get confused on who they have ignored. Someone could accidentally ignore someone and not realise. There could be trolls for gullible's like "/ignore * to get fly!!!!!!!!"

You never know, I'm just saying that Zainos must have removed /ignore for a reason. Think of all the big servers, most of them don't have it, and they have the most spam.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Honestly, I hardly ever get annoyed on the server. When there IS someone spamming, curing, whatever I just ignore them manually. Sure, it would be nice to type a simple command to stop you from seeing their messages, however, it would get to complicated. Someone could get confused on who they have ignored. Someone could accidentally ignore someone and not realise. There could be trolls for gullible's like "/ignore * to get fly!!!!!!!!"
There probably wouldn't be a wildcard argument. Also, there could be /ignorelist, and it's pretty difficult for someone not to realize they ignored someone, since it'd put a message and they'd have to type it.

You never know, I'm just saying that Zainos must have removed /ignore for a reason.
Zain removed it so people would report them rather than ignore them, but that idea is flawed. Someone is going to report them rather than ignore them, if just out of sheer spite of that person. If they don't have a forums account and doesn't want to make one, they can't report them, so they might ignore them, but if that's the case they get annoyed that they have to keep seeing their chat spamming up a quarter of their screen, and they leave. It'd be better if they could /ignore them, as they won't report them, so they'd stay on the server rather than leave.

Think of all the big servers, most of them don't have it, and they have the most spam.
They will have better spam filters and antiswears, though, which blocks most of it, so they don't have to worry nearly as much about spam. They also have a lot more staff, to take care of the spam.

ChildMusher69

Yes, but why would we need ignore if we have filters?
Because of a few reasons:

1. Bypasses. Say someone said something profane, but put an underscore. (A.K.A _) after it. Or divided it up through multiple messages.
2. Offensive content. You can't filter EVERYTHING that goes through. Especially content that is offensive. For example: "You dirty piece of trash!" They cannot filter stuff like this because none of the words here are profane. The words could be words like: My hands are dirty, It was a piece of cake, I need to empty the trash can... etc.

Filters don't and can't catch everything. That's why this is on the rules;

No Swearing

Swearing will not be tolerated as we have players of all different ages and profanity might be offensive to some users. Please keep it [PG-13]. Any word blocked by our Anti-Swear plugin is considered profanity.

That's why the forums are here - so you can report rule breakers.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Yes, but why would we need ignore if we have filters?
Because the filter is broken as it is (add an underscore before or after and it bypasses, doing it with spaces in between each letter bypasses, pretty much anything you can think of bypasses it), and what if it's 2 people alternating spam so it doesn't look like either is spamming to the filter? Ex.

Player1> Join my amazing rp it's so cool it's amazing join it now please please please
*3 second delay*
Player2> Join Player1's amazing rp it's so cool it's amazing join it now please please please
*3 second delay*
Player1> Yeah you should!!!
*3 second delay*
Player2> Please do it!!! It'll be so much funnn
Repeat forever.

Also, let's say you've gotten into a fight, and you don't want to continue it anymore for fear of getting muted but you know you and that person get mad at eachother easily, /ignore (name)

There's also a lot more cases that I'm not going to go over.

JakeIsBoss

life doesn't have a /ignore option
why should a block game have it. just ignore them or turn off chat xd

SAFollis

Trusted Member
life doesn't have a /ignore option
why should a block game have it. just ignore them or turn off chat xd
Because it takes up space on the screen used for, say, actually seeing people's chats that you have a higher importance of their messages, and what if you don't want all of chat turned off?