• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Parkour Change Lava To An Invisible Reset Trigger

CaptainBouvier

Don't you get tired of having to click Respawn every time you fail one of the parkour levels by dying to lava? There's a better way! Take out the lava and replace it with any pretty block you wish - water included I believe - and make a reset trigger to send the player back, alive the whole time, to either the start of the course or to some pre-defined, pre-marked checkpoint during the course.

This would eliminate the need for the player to hit Respawn on their death screen. This would also stop them from being sent back to the bloody parkour hub every time and instead send them to the beginning of the course they were already on.

I apologize for being new to the server as I'm suggesting this, but if this isn't changed, I'll quickly find your current system untenable for my needs and look for a new one so I'm really hoping you give this suggestion your due consideration as it is a good one and I know servers have even used command blocks to achieve a cleaner, faster system for handling parkour failure than what I've seen here.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Cptcreeper64!

Trusted Member
Don't you get tired of having to click Respawn every time you fail one of the parkour levels by dying to lava? There's a better way! Take out the lava and replace it with any pretty block you wish - water included I believe - and make a reset trigger to send the player back, alive the whole time, to either the start of the course or to some pre-defined, pre-marked checkpoint during the course.

This would eliminate the need for the player to hit Respawn on their death screen. This would also stop them from being sent back to the bloody parkour hub every time and instead send them to the beginning of the course they were already on.

I apologize for being new to the server as I'm suggesting this, but if this isn't changed, I'll quickly find your current system untenable for my needs and look for a new one so I'm really hoping you give this suggestion your due consideration as it is a good one and I know servers have even used command blocks to achieve a cleaner, faster system for handling parkour failure than what I've seen here.

Thanks and have a nice day.
I like it. But lava makes it cooler.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
I like it. But lava makes it cooler.
Lava causes FPS lag for some users.

and yes, I agree. Replacing the lava with portals to teleport back to the prior jump would be a lot better, but, one issue. The Dungeon Parkour(s) are huge and they all intercept each other, so making portals and/or other things there is extremely time consuming and irritating, one reason why when you die in Dungeon parkour you don't get teleported back.

Cptcreeper64!

Trusted Member

and yes, I agree. Replacing the lava with portals to teleport back to the prior jump would be a lot better, but, one issue. The Dungeon Parkour(s) are huge and they all intercept each other, so making portals and/or other things there is extremely time consuming and irritating, one reason why when you die in Dungeon parkour you don't get teleported back.
^

Cptcreeper64!

Trusted Member
That would be cool it would save me a lot of time but instead of replacing lava just keep it and put portals to the last checkpoint in it.