• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games You Need A New Way To Deal With Hackers

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
I would just like to say that the way you guys handle hackers is very ineffective, my team and I are on here every single day and we have reported 7 hackers so far, you need to either have more staff, or be on more. Maybe even have a vote kick system installed, I own a Gmod TTT server so I know what it is like to have to deal with hackers every single day, I know how annoying it gets to be bugged about every little thing. Trust me, if anyone knows, I do, but you guys don't understand how frustrating it is to your guests and community, who trust in you guys to provide a safe and fun environment. You need a better way to deal with hackers because literally no one can play survival games and have a nice time because of the hackers. I apologize if I offend anyone by what I have said but it need to be said. Thank you.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Their selection process is very meticulous being that helpers are granted many permissions. That being said, I agree more staff would be nice.

icycreamy128

Retired Staff
I see how you posted three times on my page, also here, so I would like to pretty much go over everything. I'm sorry that you seem to see many hackers, as there aren't the largest amount of staff ATM, we aren't always in the server where a specific hacker is, we cannot handle it, unless we are informed of the hacker/person accused. It's impossible to be everywhere at once, as staff are pretty much constantly being messaged by people concerning people breaking rules. I understand it is very frustrating to be killed in survival games by hackers, but, it is very difficult to be monitoring every single server at once. Plus, there is a report section you can report them at, and If you do end up reporting the hacker/accused person, I will be glad to look at it and take care of it.

CodeHerobrine

Trusted Member
And not everybody has a screen-recorder and its hard to report them because sometimes you don't know when they are hacking.

EDIT: And they kill you so fast so you don't know when to record.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
There will be more staff on the server. The helper applications are now open for EVERYONE to apply, which will lead to more staff. And as Icy said, all staff is not online at the same time and we CAN'T in any way monitor all the servers, it is impossible. If you think someone's hacking: /msg any staff member. Also - as you said, you feel like there's hackers all the time; record then! You're saying that hackers are on all the time so why don't you do what you can to fix it? We are aware of the low amount of staff member, but you also need to know that we can't bring in any player as a staff member. Peace.

ThatPlat

A way you can report a hacker is of curse just take a picture of them, do F2 on your computer (or which ever button you press to take a picture) and put it on the forums.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Well, no one really reports in-game that a hacker is on (Not like we can spectate atm) and I am working on getting more staff, but the process is not easy.

Cinq

I think it would be much easier to add a /report [IGN] [Reason]. How this would work is if somebody reports a player, a message will come up in chat for all staff members online no matter which server they are on, and it will inform them so they can have a look, but it might be a bad idea because then there wouldn't be a point for reporting people on the fourms, unless the player you are reporting didn't get caught.

Fourzies

Trusted Member
I think it would be much easier to add a /report [IGN] [Reason]. How this would work is if somebody reports a player, a message will come up in chat for all staff members online no matter which server they are on, and it will inform them so they can have a look, but it might be a bad idea because then there wouldn't be a point for reporting people on the fourms, unless the player you are reporting didn't get caught.
yes

Anchezz

Trusted Member
I think reporting on the forums is MUCH easier, it's more structured. And instead of ALL the staff member will have a message in chat like ''Anchezz is using killaura at SG'' for example. Every staff member would go to that game which isn't needed. On forums you can easily see if the hacker has been dealth with or not

Kaios

Retired Staff
I think reporting on the forums is MUCH easier, it's more structured. And instead of ALL the staff member will have a message in chat like ''Anchezz is using killaura at SG'' for example. Every staff member would go to that game which isn't needed. On forums you can easily see if the hacker has been dealth with or not
Anchezz hacker confirmed.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Not if there was a /report accept or something :p

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
I appreciate you all messaging me back on the subject, my team and I have reported so many people, but its hard on us to capture every single one. We do what we can to help you out with no powers and I know not just anyone can be staff and I respect that, but I know that I could help you guys make a huge difference if I were accepted. If my application ends up being declined, I promise you all that I will do everything I can with my team to make the server a nice and fun place to be. As peacekeeper I try to calm down situations and keep everything under control. That being said, I thank you all very much for the responses and my team and I will continue to do the best we can on your server.

Cinq

''I think reporting on the forums is MUCH easier'' I going to have to disagree with you on that one, because probably 3/4 of the players are little kids are probably don't even know how to work the fourms and most of them don't have emails yet.

Fourzies

Trusted Member
''I think reporting on the forums is MUCH easier'' I going to have to disagree with you on that one, because probably 3/4 of the players are little kids are probably don't even know how to work the fourms and most of them don't have emails yet.
tru

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
It would just be nice if they had more staff, I wish I could get my entire staff on staff here but it just doesn't work that way.
They get more applications than I do, I get about 20 per month, they get like 200 per week xD So they probably haven't even gotten the chance to look at it. But, if they let me or even my coder help them, it would make a huge difference. I know for a fact we could help with hackers, I'm on every single day for hours so I can always ban hackers, and if someone needed me, I always have my phone on me so I'd get every message right away. I just want to help this server because I know what its like to have to constantly deal with people who are trying to ruin my server or hurt my community.

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
Its not, there is no possible way to ban every single hacker unless they get more staff. I'm more than willing to do all I can with my team, but its not easy on us either

Jacky708

I appreciate you all messaging me back on the subject, my team and I have reported so many people, but its hard on us to capture every single one. We do what we can to help you out with no powers and I know not just anyone can be staff and I respect that, but I know that I could help you guys make a huge difference if I were accepted. If my application ends up being declined, I promise you all that I will do everything I can with my team to make the server a nice and fun place to be. As peacekeeper I try to calm down situations and keep everything under control. That being said, I thank you all very much for the responses and my team and I will continue to do the best we can on your server.
I don't think you need a team to solve the problem of hacking... its not that hard to just report the player or pm a staff member about it. I agree that it is not soon effective but theres really no need for a team of people to report players its not really necessary. Staff are handing hackers pretty well actually.

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
We don't report the same one, we report as many as we come in contact with and its normally AWA_Fish that does it, but AWA_Sgt_Grizzly does as well. We are always on so we do as much as we can.

___Barney___

No beacasue if a hacker or troller comes on, he is going to report everyone he knows.

Gaby1129

There will be more staff on the server. The helper applications are now open for EVERYONE to apply, which will lead to more staff. And as Icy said, all staff is not online at the same time and we CAN'T in any way monitor all the servers, it is impossible. If you think someone's hacking: /msg any staff member. Also - as you said, you feel like there's hackers all the time; record then! You're saying that hackers are on all the time so why don't you do what you can to fix it? We are aware of the low amount of staff member, but you also need to know that we can't bring in any player as a staff member. Peace.
Some people don't have video recorders, and it is hard to catch a hacker on video if they are all over the place.