• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skyblock Skyblock Suggestions Megathread(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessKeri

I'm compiling a list of skyblock suggestions here; if anyone would like to reply, I'll add your suggestion :) I'll constantly be updating this thread, so please check it every once in a while <3
  • Removable end portals
    • End portals are unremovable by default. Since they're obtainable and place-able on skyblock, I think it would make sense to make them removable. It really saves headaches when you place a portal frame on the wrong block or want to move your portal overall.
    • I've seen this used as an odd form of griefing. When you get griefed, at least you can fix what was ruined. With end portals, there's no way to remove them. It sucks.
  • Diamond price adjustment
    • Gold blocks are worth 1.5 island levels, while diamond blocks are worth 3 island levels. This makes the value of diamond only twice as higher as the gold value. This can be evened out by making the /spawn price of diamond only 2 gold, or adjust the island level value of diamond blocks to reflect the /spawn price.
    • Besides this, if there are any other reasons why the price is what it is, enlighten me :)
  • More voting incentives
    • I've noticed that the richer people become, the less they need to vote. Last time, I stopped voting around 2 weeks in since I no longer saw the need for grass or iron.
    • A suggestion could be 1 diamond for 2 or 3 voting tokens.
  • Fix the hunger reduction perks from ranks
    • Sometimes people might buy/win ranks when they're pretty far into the game. Ranks give hunger reduction on skyblock islands, so naturally, people think that purchasing a rank would result in automatic application of the perk once they have it. However, this is not the case. They would have to completely restart their island in order to have the hunger reduction perk to take effect.
    • This can be dealt with by fixing it so it would apply after the purchase of the rank no matter what, or there can be a note about how the effect won't take place unless they restart their island so donors won't be misled.
  • Lockette chest system
    • Again, since there's no rules against griefing, it would be better if there were a lot more systems to protect people as much as possible.
    • Lockette would be another barrier to griefing; people who share islands with someone else won't get punished as heavily if their partners decide to coop random people.
    • Honestly, why should it NOT be implemented...
  • Increase shop villager limit to 15-20
    • Just a personal request because I like to sell things!
    • I don't think increasing the limit would have any severe effects or anything, but if there are other concerns I would like to hear them.

Last edited:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I like the first one and the last one. =)
I don't play much of Skyblock, so I don't know what I'm really talking about, but they sound much fairer for the players. =D

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Diamond price adjustment
  • Gold blocks are worth 1.5 island levels, while diamond blocks are worth 3 island levels. This makes the value of diamond only twice as higher as the gold value. This can be evened out by making the /spawn price of diamond only 2 gold, or adjust the island level value of diamond blocks to reflect the /spawn price.
  • Besides this, if there are any other reasons why the price is what it is, enlighten me :)
Diamonds are not meant to be easy to get. To create an efficient gold farm is one thing, but for diamonds is another. Diamonds are also a rare valuable resource in Minecraft as we all know and it shouldn't be as easy to trade 2 ingots for 1 diamond, which is an incredibly low price for such a valuable. And I'm pretty sure gold blocks are around 2.5 while diamond blocks are around 5 island levels, if I am not mistaken.

Fix the hunger reduction perks from ranks
  • Sometimes people might buy/win ranks when they're pretty far into the game. Ranks give hunger reduction on skyblock islands, so naturally, people think that purchasing a rank would result in automatic application of the perk once they have it. However, this is not the case. They would have to completely restart their island in order to have the hunger reduction perk to take effect.
  • This can be dealt with by fixing it so it would apply after the purchase of the rank no matter what, or there can be a note about how the effect won't take place unless they restart their island so donors won't be misled.
Wouldn't this be a bug, if I am not mistaken? I'll be honest I have never noticed this myself and I have also not heard about this from anybody HOWEVER... you would logically need the appropriate island for the appropriate perks.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Diamonds are not meant to be easy to get. To create an efficient gold farm is one thing, but for diamonds is another. Diamonds are also a rare valuable resource in Minecraft as we all know and it shouldn't be as easy to trade 2 ingots for 1 diamond, which is an incredibly low price for such a valuable. And I'm pretty sure gold blocks are around 2.5 while diamond blocks are around 5 island levels, if I am not mistaken.

Wouldn't this be a bug, if I am not mistaken? I'll be honest I have never noticed this myself and I have also not heard about this from anybody HOWEVER... you would logically need the appropriate island for the appropriate perks.
Agreed

PrincessKeri

Oops, forgot to respond to this.

Ahh, that's what I was thinking too. Instead of adjusting the diamond price, we should adjust the dia block level value to reflect the same price ratio in the shops (making dia blocks worth 10x more than gold blocks). Also, gold blocks are for sure 1.5 and dia blocks are 3 levels.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Here's my opinion regarding your suggestions:
Removable end portals
  • End portals are unremovable by default. Since they're obtainable and place-able on skyblock, I think it would make sense to make them removable. It really saves headaches when you place a portal frame on the wrong block or want to move your portal overall.
  • I've seen this used as an odd form of griefing. When you get griefed, at least you can fix what was ruined. With end portals, there's no way to remove them. It sucks.
I fully agree with you, I'll make end portals mine-able from now on!
Diamond price adjustment
Diamond is an expensive material, so the price of 10 gold ingots for 1 diamond is staying the same. However, I agree that the island level value does not make sense so I increased the diamond block island level value to 15 island levels (10 times more than gold blocks). I also made emerald blocks worth more but not as much as diamond blocks since you can get emerald cheaper than in the spawn shop by just trading villagers (mob) for goods you own.
More voting incentives
  • I've noticed that the richer people become, the less they need to vote. Last time, I stopped voting around 2 weeks in since I no longer saw the need for grass or iron.
  • A suggestion could be 1 diamond for 2 or 3 voting tokens.
A voting & Treasure Hunter update is coming very soon, stay tuned!
Fix the hunger reduction perks from ranks
I'm pretty sure it aready works like that, I'll check and if not I'll fix it, don't worry :)
Lockette chest system
  • Again, since there's no rules against griefing, it would be better if there were a lot more systems to protect people as much as possible.
  • Lockette would be another barrier to griefing; people who share islands with someone else won't get punished as heavily if their partners decide to coop random people.
  • Honestly, why should it NOT be implemented...
I hugely disagree with Lockette. Since that plugin grants you the ability to lock a chest so only you can open it (Technically you can add more ppl to the chests but in that case the use of the plugin would be nonsense), if you are sharing an island with people and for whatever reason you stop playing Minecraft or HHG, those chests would stay forever in that island since no one else would be able to open/break them and it would be very annoying to the other party members. Yes, you could tell your party that you might stop playing and give them the content of your chests, but that doesn't happen most of the times since we have experience in having Lockette in our Factions server in the past and this ALWAYS happened. Therefore, instead of adding Lockette, I suggest you to ONLY ADD/TRUST PARTY MEMBERS TO YOUR ISLAND THAT YOU REALLY TRUST AND KNOW 100% THAT THEY WON'T GRIEF YOU, and if you have any doubts, just don't add them :) That's a safer way to avoid getting griefed since, even if you had lockette in your chests, if someone wants to grief you they can grief you in many other ways, don't you think?
Increase shop villager limit to 15-20
  • Just a personal request because I like to sell things!
  • I don't think increasing the limit would have any severe effects or anything, but if there are other concerns I would like to hear them.
The villager limit per island is already set to 20 (Including the shopkeepers villagers), and since it's not a big deal just 5 villagers more per island and you aren't the first person who asks me to increase the limit, I increased to 25. Enjoy!

JonahUnderscore

Actually love some of the ideas but the chest locking is a bit far for me. Personally I think people should be aware of who they let have access to their island, if they don't then they could get griefed.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
A suggestion I have is to be able to restart all of the challenges. Not one individually, as you might be able to gain more goodies than you should, but to be able to do them all again would be great.

I cannot complete the Skyblock God challenge again and get more end portal frames for my new island since I restarted my island. I just thought it could be nice to change that as well

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
A suggestion I have is to be able to restart all of the challenges. Not one individually, as you might be able to gain more goodies than you should, but to be able to do them all again would be great.

I cannot complete the Skyblock God challenge again and get more end portal frames for my new island since I restarted my island. I just thought it could be nice to change that as well
Some of the challenges are meant to be completed once and only once. You can get end portal frames from the portal shop at /spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.