• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Schools (What is yours like?)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I decided to create this thread for something to do and because I'm interested reading about what other peoples schools are like. It's also a carry on from a conversation I had with AmorOmniaVincit. So for a start here's what mine is like.

Alright, lemme just tell it real. I don't like my school a lot, it's a rough as hell school with people that are far from any ethics, I'm one of the more peaceful and mannered people no joke, and many of you know me in that I swear a lot, drink quite a lot and am a rapper (Sort of). Even in the sixth form college section it's got a lot of wasters and gangsta's, there were more back in normal school and while many of them are gone to normal collage to mess around there as my sixth form collage requires grades to get in that many didn't get, there are still some people like that are just naturally a bit smarter. I don't know if a school that was private would suite me at all as I'm far too raw and in many ways what may be considered unwelcome, but my school is still way tougher than average,more than it needs to be honestly.

Also, to add friendships into all this, well, that's where things are at there worst honestly. People know who I am and that I'm in the sixth form but 80% of those people don't wanna actually know me and a large amount of them I don't wanna know either honestly lol. I'm also way out of the general style of people in my sixth form as while many maybe affiliated with gangs (Not real G's though, they got money, probably more than me as I'm one of the much less wealthy people, but they're just in that position to smoke weed and have people to back them, adding to that yes I know I was in that same position once, but that was slightly different and I don't consider myself a real G either when I was mixing in gang stuff) but almost everyone in the sixth form are rich or at least well off. This puts me way out of the general style as I'm one of the kids with average money, putting me low in the wealth of the sixth form, and as dumb as some of you may find this, this does affect if they want to hang around with you or not, and it noticeably does. All of this further adding to the fact I don't like my school very much lol.

Could I also just say in the friendship thing, this is why I appreciate some of you online and sticking by me. The best examples being MissDark, ejljbris and _Georgie_ . (There are more I know, but right now these are who spring to mind, also my savour Ida_0611 too who isn't really here much anymore) I know I'm not the easiest to deal with but you still wanna know me, and while it may be hard to deal with me at times know I'll always be grateful for your friendships, as while I have some friends in real life you're the ones I trust with feelings and emotions, and who I care about the most.

But anyway, enough of me going on about my school, that's all you really need to know about my school life, if you actually are interested that is lol. So what are all your schools like?

Last edited:

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
My school is realatively normal I suppose. I don't live in a city so it's mostly tame. Yet, at the same time I don't like the people there XD.

There is quite a bit of different beliefs and that's what causes problems (I'm not saying that having varying beliefs are bad; they just cause problems in my school). This is probably because of the many different regions that go to this school (since it's the only high school within a 30 mile radius).

As of late there has been quite a large bunch of fights and even some "threats" on the school. But other than that it's normal (I mean it is my first year here) and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

In other news, the school was made in 1966 so the rooms are the sizes of bedrooms and we need more space for the now larger population (Most of my classes are actually in the smallest rooms).

And for those who haven't made it to high school yet, let papa Matthew give you advice.
1. Honors classes are extremely hard
2. Balance your classes
3. Stay away from idiots
4. But make friends at the same time... (hard I know)

Thanks for reading,
(PS: For you smarties my town was in the Super Bowl preshow this year; it had the old courthouse. Tell me if you figure it out)

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Personally, as you know, but for everyone who doesn't. I like my school over all, I am proud of the people here and know like everyone in my grade and they know me. Could strike up a convo with anyone, and that's really the way it is in my grade for most of the people. Sometimes I choose to sit with other people during lunch, but personally I like it, I enjoy the people I hang out with and trust them with more personal issues.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Australian high schools are a lot different from American schools I've seen or heard about in general. (tcould just be stereotypical schools from media) But I actually quite like my school. Apart from the overpriced food at the canteen and some of the rough locker bays, it's a pretty well kept school. Sure, we have a lot of idiots who probably won't make it past year 12, but the majority of kids seem to care about their future.
Most of the teachers are decent, & pretty much all schools in Australia have school uniform, but ours is actually pretty nice and not some horrible design that looks like a 2 year old came up with it.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Well, I am in college, so its pretty chill for the most part. I go to a small university (4-5 thousand students) with some pretty good religeous affiliations, so things like drugs and alcohol arent allowed. I live in the dorms with several guys and it is nice, and not usually too loud.

There are of course many buildings on campus for the various majors and focuses of study. Our school is in the mountains so its a good 20-30 minute drive for anything decent or shopping.

The kids at my school arent really cool, or anything. But they are friendly, and interested in their future (most of them)

Jeiika

honestly i hate my school and cant wait til i move LOL but seriously it's so small and literally everyone at my school are idiots (':

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I've been to.. uh, 5 schools so far. I like any school that actually teaches me things, and my current school teaches me a lot, so that makes me like it..

If I could describe my school with one sentence it'll be "We have freedom", cuz literally, we can do whatever we want.. Almost. There's even a person (actually, there are 3-4 in the entire school) called the "adscripta", which takes care of.. Everything. Which is great, cuz if you don't like a classmate or teacher or anything.. You talk to her lol, and she always solves your problems. My school doesn't look very good tbh, kinda looks like it was built a century ago, but that's the outside and I don't care about that, about the inside.. Well everyone gets a laptop, that's the first thing I can think of. Tbh I also love how we have 12 subjects because we can learn more things.. duh, when most people say it's too much. And well in case you're wondering, here they are: Spanish (Language), Math, English (second language where we learn the baaaaasics), Physics Science, Biology, History, Geography, Art, Gym, Music, E.C.A, & Informáticas (which means.. computering, kinda). That's for "1st and 2nd" grades (how they call them anyway, and that means 7th & 8th grade), and for "third" (9th) grade you don't have computering and E.C.A anymore, but instead, you got Chemistry. Btw E.C.A stands for.. Espacio *something* Abierto, aka the useless subject as I call it, basically all we do is.. nothing, nothing at all, it's just like recess but inside.. I hate it, it's sooooo loud..

Some fun facts that apply to all public schools in Uruguay:

1. You can choose between morning and afternoon, from 1st to 12th grade (in some elementary schools you can't anymore).
2. In 1st grade you get a tablet, in 3rd grade you change it for a better one, in 7th grade you change it to a laptop (and keep that one forever).
3. Schools strike a looooot, most of the time it's the teachers cuz they want the government to pay them more.
4. There are so many breaks, like, 3 months for summer, 2 weeks for winter, 1 week for Easter, 1 week for Spring, etc etc etc.
5. In average you go to school 4 days a week because of all the strikes (teacher, student, transportation, etc) and all those useless breaks (not including the seasonal ones, I'm talking about like the 1 day "useless breaks") (but that's only 7th to 12th grade).
6. You don't get much homework, not at all. In elementary school you spend in an average of 1 minute per month on homework. And in middle/high school you spend in an average of about 20 minutes on homework everyday IF you speak Spanish fluently.. Which.. isn't me

Heh my mind just went blank. And wow I talk a lot on the internet don't I? Kek if you read all the way here, I hope you had fun :p

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Well, I am in college, so its pretty chill for the most part. I go to a small university (4-5 thousand students) with some pretty good religeous affiliations, so things like drugs and alcohol arent allowed. I live in the dorms with several guys and it is nice, and not usually too loud.

There are of course many buildings on campus for the various majors and focuses of study. Our school is in the mountains so its a good 20-30 minute drive for anything decent or shopping.

The kids at my school arent really cool, or anything. But they are friendly, and interested in their future (most of them)
Well, I am in college, so it's pretty chill for the most part. I go to a small university (2-3 thousand students), so not much usually happens. Although drugs are not allowed to bu used in the dorms, alcohol is allowed. Due to the rigor of this school, being one of the top private engineering schools in the US, it doesnt really get much worse than a few blunts or a couple of shots in a single night. I live in the dorms with a roommate and it's nice, and usually pretty chill.

There are of course many buildings on campus, for the different fields offered here. The largest is the size of 2 city blocks, and is the campus center where there are classes, study spaces, a game room with billiards and ping pong, a small auditorium, conference center, and more (although the gym is an entirely different building). My school is right in the middle of the city, so most things are within walking distance; the only exceptions being any fast food and stores that are not specialty shops, grocery stores, or gas stations.

The kids at my school arent really cool, or anything. But they are friendly, and interested in their future (They have to be since its a rigorous and difficult cirriculum).

Ps. Thanks for letting me steal your format _Bach_

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I've been to.. uh, 5 schools so far. I like any school that actually teaches me things, and my current school teaches me a lot, so that makes me like it..

If I could describe my school with one sentence it'll be "We have freedom", cuz literally, we can do whatever we want.. Almost. There's even a person (actually, there are 3-4 in the entire school) called the "adscripta", which takes care of.. Everything. Which is great, cuz if you don't like a classmate or teacher or anything.. You talk to her lol, and she always solves your problems. My school doesn't look very good tbh, kinda looks like it was built a century ago, but that's the outside and I don't care about that, about the inside.. Well everyone gets a laptop, that's the first thing I can think of. Tbh I also love how we have 12 subjects because we can learn more things.. duh, when most people say it's too much. And well in case you're wondering, here they are: Spanish (Language), Math, English (second language where we learn the baaaaasics), Physics Science, Biology, History, Geography, Art, Gym, Music, E.C.A, & Informáticas (which means.. computering, kinda). That's for "1st and 2nd" grades (how they call them anyway, and that means 7th & 8th grade), and for "third" (9th) grade you don't have computering and E.C.A anymore, but instead, you got Chemistry. Btw E.C.A stands for.. Espacio *something* Abierto, aka the useless subject as I call it, basically all we do is.. nothing, nothing at all, it's just like recess but inside.. I hate it, it's sooooo loud..

1. You can choose between morning and afternoon, from 1st to 12th grade (in some elementary schools you can't anymore).
2. In 1st grade you get a tablet, in 3rd grade you change it for a better one, in 7th grade you change it to a laptop (and keep that one forever).
3. Schools strike a looooot, most of the time it's the teachers cuz they want the government to pay them more.
4. There are so many breaks, like, 3 months for summer, 2 weeks for winter, 1 week for Easter, 1 week for Spring, etc etc etc.
5. In average you go to school 4 days a week because of all the strikes (teacher, student, transportation, etc) and all those useless breaks (not including the seasonal ones, I'm talking about like the 1 day "useless breaks") (but that's only 7th to 12th grade).
6. You don't get much homework, not at all. In elementary school you spend in an average of 1 minute per month on homework. And in middle/high school you spend in an average of about 20 minutes on homework everyday IF you speak Spanish fluently.. Which.. isn't me

Heh my mind just went blank. And wow I talk a lot on the internet don't I? Kek if you read all the way here, I hope you had fun :p
I think I've still beat you for length on my one, just saying lol. But yeah I enjoyed that one best one so far in my opinion.

Could I just say, all your schools and collages are so nice compared to mine as well. There's yours which are mostly nice and then there's mine which has had 2 stabbings in the last year and the school looks like a landfill site cause of all the rubbish and the fact that it's increpid and old as hell lol, and contains mostly useless teachers.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

Where do I sign up with the homework part at least?

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I think I've still beat you for length on my one, just saying lol. But yeah I enjoyed that one best one so far in my opinion.

Could I just say, all your schools and collages are so nice compared to mine as well. There's yours which are mostly nice and then there's mine which has had 2 stabbings in the last year and the school looks like a landfill site cause of all the rubbish and the fact that it's increpid and old as hell lol, and contains mostly useless teachers.
Eh, all you gotta do is find what you love about your school and you'll like it :p

Where do I sign up with the homework part at least?
Just go on YouTube, look up life hacks for homework/school and you'll find a few that work great for you, may take some time, but it's totally worth it imo

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
I decided to create this thread for something to do and because I'm interested reading about what other peoples schools are like. It's also a carry on from a conversation I had with AmorOmniaVincit. So for a start here's what mine is like.

Alright, lemme just tell it real. I don't like my school a lot, it's a rough as hell school with people that are far from any ethics, I'm one of the more peaceful and mannered people no joke, and many of you know me in that I swear a lot, drink quite a lot and am a rapper (Sort of). Even in the sixth form college section it's got a lot of wasters and gangsta's, there were more back in normal school and while many of them are gone to normal collage to mess around there as my sixth form collage requires grades to get in that many didn't get, there are still some people like that are just naturally a bit smarter. I don't know if a school that was private would suite me at all as I'm far too raw and in many ways what may be considered unwelcome, but my school is still way tougher than average,more than it needs to be honestly.

Also, to add friendships into all this, well, that's where things are at there worst honestly. People know who I am and that I'm in the sixth form but 80% of those people don't wanna actually know me and a large amount of them I don't wanna know either honestly lol. I'm also way out of the general style of people in my sixth form as while many maybe affiliated with gangs (Not real G's though, they got money, probably more than me as I'm one of the much less wealthy people, but they're just in that position to smoke weed and have people to back them, adding to that yes I know I was in that same position once, but that was slightly different and I don't consider myself a real G either when I was mixing in gang stuff) but almost everyone in the sixth form are rich or at least well off. This puts me way out of the general style as I'm one of the kids with average money, putting me low in the wealth of the sixth form, and as dumb as some of you may find this, this does affect if they want to hang around with you or not, and it noticeably does. All of this further adding to the fact I don't like my school very much lol.

Could I also just say in the friendship thing, this is why I appreciate some of you online and sticking by me. The best examples being MissDark, ejljbris and _Georgie_ . (There are more I know, but right now these are who spring to mind, also my savour Ida_0611 too who isn't really here much anymore) I know I'm not the easiest to deal with but you still wanna know me, and while it may be hard to deal with me at times know I'll always be grateful for your friendships, as while I have some friends in real life you're the ones I trust with feelings and emotions, and who I care about the most.

But anyway, enough of me going on about my school, that's all you really need to know about my school life, if you actually are interested that is lol. So what are all your schools like?
my school is dirty and terrible, mostly the bathrooms

me32305

Terrible and boring... like every school. I say this because like everyone I look back on my previous years of school and cringe thinking of the stupid and embarrassing things I said and did. School sucks.

Fu3rza

I guess I should talk about my school since its actually pretty interesting, So in my school, you are given a macbook for the entire school year, you usually use them everyday. The classes in the school are all Pre-Ap or AP, the teachers are not really tough on the kids, they're actually pretty chill. The school is PBL, Project Based Learning. The teachers are funny at times. Not all the teachers are bad and sometimes they offer classes that the other schools (in the area of course) don't have, like Chinese or Intro to Mobile app and mobile app development, and better yet not as much drama as the other 2 schools BUT not as many people as the other 2

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Terrible and boring... like every school. I say this because like everyone I look back on my previous years of school and cringe thinking of the stupid and embarrassing things I said and did. School sucks.
Not just in school though, don't we cringe at basically everything we did?