• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Realms help?

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
does anyone know how to fix the minecraft realms error: Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

I have tried:
-redownloading MC
-redownloading Java
-changing settings on my computer system
-changing the minecraft settings
-dedicating more ram

still nothing. If someone can help, I'd be very grateful, thanks o/

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I had this exact same problem. Idk how to really fix it, for I hired someone to do it. But this was my problem: i switched my operating software windows to a newer version (windows 10) then switched back to an older version, in this transfer lots of my stuff was corrupted.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Did you try completely reinstalling Minecraft? It always solves my problems. And by that I mean only keeping your saves, screenshots, and texturepacks folders, I don't even keep the versions

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
How to fix - use another version of MC (Try with/without Optifine and that VBO's setting which can be a pain in the butt) It took me a long time to figure out out to fix it, but yea I did that and it worked for me.

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
Im thinking I might have to update to Windows 10. I'm still on 7. -.-

I have tried reinstaling everything. I've tried turning off vbo & vsync.
I've tried reinstalling minecraft
I've tried dedicating more ram.

I'm hoping if I update windows it might fix
Thank you everyone I'll let you know if it works after I update

Also I am not using optifine

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Im thinking I might have to update to Windows 10. I'm still on 7. -.-

I have tried reinstaling everything. I've tried turning off vbo & vsync.
I've tried reinstalling minecraft
I've tried dedicating more ram.

I'm hoping if I update windows it might fix
Thank you everyone I'll let you know if it works after I update

Also I am not using optifine
Or ask someone who knows Windows really well

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
As the comments above said, looks like a corrupt file or something similar, try deleting your .minecraft folder (backing up any worlds or screenshots you may wish to save), and launching the client again. You can find this folder by writing %appdata% in the Windows 7 search bar. Hope it solves the problem! :)

Mother_Muffins

Retired Staff
When I get home I'll see if getting windows 10 fixed the issue. if not I'll try optifine. I've already reinstalled the game completely 3 times. I've literally tried everything the videos on YouTube have recommended.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Thank you everyone for your help, downloading optifine fixed the issue! <3
Glad you got a fix, although, that seems weird that you would need optifine for MC Realms to work. Try to always keep your graphics driver and OS updated. If something goes wrong switch back to the previous version. For this case it's most likely not this but for a lot of MC errors it's usually the graphics driver. So usually updated or down grading does the job.