• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

touh

Trusted Member
This is just something that is really annoying that I think that should be addressed. The new staff, some are actually decent and I actually know who they are, but more then half of the new staff are people I've never heard about, and still some of the new staff are quitting because they can't handle it or something, but if they wouldn't be able to handle it, then why would they apply for staff anyways? I just don't think it's fair to the people who have been playing for a pretty long time and they don't get accepted when these new people do.

mat

Yeah, the people like WishfulWaves and @KristainM I never met them until now, the new people should not been accepted but like MissDark had to be accepted 'cause she's been on HHG for along time.
It's not just being active on HHG for a long period of time that counts towards your application, other things like experience, maturity and how well you handle situations and under pressure. Recently, AppleGlacier resigned due to not being able to work with the staff team because the staff team is apparently competitive or some for that fact and MissDark I think had resigned for the same reason.

I'm not 100% what goes on behind the staff team at HHG so I'm not going to act like a know it all person but if competitiveness among the staff team is the reason staff members are leaving then that's worrying

touh

Trusted Member
It's not just being active on HHG for a long period of time that counts towards your application, other things like experience, maturity and how well you handle situations and under pressure. Recently, AppleGlacier resigned due to not being able to work with the staff team because the staff team is apparently competitive or some for that fact and MissDark I think had resigned for the same reason.

I'm not 100% what goes on behind the staff team at HHG so I'm not going to act like a know it all person but if competitiveness among the staff team is the reason staff members are leaving then that's worrying
Actually MissDark got demoted, idk why. But she's been playing for awhile. But most new people don't really break any rules or something and they're pretty mature just because they're new, but I feels like some people that have applied that have been playing for awhile, if they have like 2-3 mutes they won't get accepted or something.

jcdentonswh0re69

In my opinion, HHG Isn't the same. Earlier I checked and there were seventeen staff in total. I mean, HHG Isn't THAT big of a server to be having so much staff to keep control of the server, but some of the staff should not of been demoted. Yes, I agree. HHG does need some new staff, and not just sticking with like what, eleven/eight staff? I felt like i needed to address this, as i'm bothered by it.
I just don't think it's fair to the people who have been playing for a pretty long time and they don't get accepted when these new people do.

That's very true, one of my good friends SoulWhispa has been playing for an amount of time. He applied for staff and got into the voice interview. Sadly, he didn't get accepted.

MysticMusician

I agree, I applied a while ago, before Chris did applications, and I got denied and told I needed to be more active on the forums and I'd have a better chance off getting accepted. Now staff get accepted, and then make a forums account afterwords. I don't understand how people without a forums account can be accepted, since part of their job is going to be handling the forums. Also many of the staff are people who are on creative everytime, and no one is ever at pvp, so idk if some people know what hacks are. Older players who've been here for years apply and don't get accepted, and they know the server better than most... tbh I liked it better when only Jr. Mods could apply, they were the ones who really cared about the server, cared enough to spend $100 on a rank, or stayed long enough to vote up to it.

touh

Trusted Member
I agree, I applied a while ago, before Chris did applications, and I got denied and told I needed to be more active on the forums and I'd have a better chance off getting accepted. Now staff get accepted, and then make a forums account afterwords. I don't understand how people without a forums account can be accepted, since part of their job is going to be handling the forums. Also many of the staff are people who are on creative everytime, and no one is ever at pvp, so idk if some people know what hacks are. Older players who've been here for years apply and don't get accepted, and they know the server better than most... tbh I liked it better when only Jr. Mods could apply, they were the ones who really cared about the server, cared enough to spend $100 on a rank, or stayed long enough to vote up to it.
Preach!

Majorconnor10

This is just something that is really annoying that I think that should be addressed. The new staff, some are actually decent and I actually know who they are, but more then half of the new staff are people I've never heard about, and still some of the new staff are quitting because they can't handle it or something, but if they wouldn't be able to handle it, then why would they apply for staff anyways? I just don't think it's fair to the people who have been playing for a pretty long time and they don't get accepted when these new people do.

Cuz the new ones don't have much of a reputation.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I will say, after being on this server over three and a half years, and applying for helper multiple times (even with a rough history), it is a bit disappointing to see some of these new staff.

I am on almost every day for multiple hours in various gamemodes and not once had I seen WishfulWaves, InsaneKiller, _Georgie_, AppleGlacier, or LibertySphinx before they became staff.

Compared to some people like myself, Voidstruck, miss dark, majorconnor10, Lowvex or some of the more well known players who are constantly greeted with multiple "Hi {name}!" No matter what server they are in. I think staff should be people the players are familiar with and know. Not people who some of the more active players have not seen at all.

touh

Trusted Member
I will say, after being on this server over three and a half years, and applying for helper multiple times (even with a rough history), it is a bit disappointing to see some of these new staff.

I am on almost every day for multiple hours in various gamemodes and not once had I seen WishfulWaves, InsaneKiller, _Georgie_, AppleGlacier, or LibertySphinx before they became staff.

Compared to some people like myself, Voidstruck, miss dark, majorconnor10, Lowvex or some of the more well known players who are constantly greeted with multiple "Hi {name}!" No matter what server they are in. I think staff should be people the players are familiar with and know. Not people who some of the more active players have not seen at all.
Yeah, I would expect you to get helper, and the thing is, they should make people staff that actually play on most gamemodes, and I know for a fact, Georgie has NEVER played anything but SG.

mat

HHG just needs to have more active staff members in general. I think I got told by a staff manager that helpers have got nothing to do with the forums whatsoever, which meaning only moderators and above have power so to speak to sort out situations. If you look at the staff list, not including admins, there is only 5 staff members pretty much moderating the forums which is just a wow moment.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
HHG just needs to have more active staff members in general. I think I got told by a staff manager that helpers have got nothing to do with the forums whatsoever, which meaning only moderators and above have power so to speak to sort out situations. If you look at the staff list, not including admins, there is only 5 staff members pretty much moderating the forums which is just a wow moment.
But admins are still active on forums

mat

As they should be
Regarding other situations such as flame or whatever should really be the moderators role instead of the admins, I'm not trying to say admins shouldn't do what moderators should but It seems to me that most moderators just couldn't care less.

icycreamy128

Retired Staff
Aight, as the first staff member to actually reply to this thread, im going to clear a few things up (Not sure if any other higher up staff wanna help, but I dont like where this is coming from/going). People are chosen as staff due to experience as staff on other servers and due to the fact they seem mature enough to handle staff as a whole. yes, it may seem people are being accepted who are somewhat new. But that should not matter whatsoever. If the Head-Admin imtotallychris sees that they can withhold the position of staff and and maintain the server rules then so be it. And yes, As mat stated. The staff on this server and as a team is one of the best out there. As on other as I may say larger servers, staff are treated as having really no say. Yes, I know it may be frustrating to not be accepted. There is no need to take it out on the new staff members who have been accepted. (Just saying, this is my opinion).

touh

Trusted Member
The thing is, even if they're new, they probably wouldn't know much about hhgn, even for someone who has been on the server for awhile, like _Georgie_, the only gamemode I've ever seen her on was SG, literally just sg nothing else, so they wouldn't know how to handle some things in different gamemodes, like just yesterday some new staff were telling people to stop saying like "wtf" when it is allowed.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
I'm locking this thread for obvious reasons, but let me explain.

It does not matter if you have been on HHGN for 4 years. What matters is if you fit the requirements and you are mature. There are staff members you haven't heard of because well, you are a donator and you do not notice defaults. Most of our community are not active on forums, and we do not make being active on forums a requirement, its rather a plus. Being staff IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST!

I just don't think it's fair to the people who have been playing for a pretty long time and they don't get accepted when these new people do.
Make a good application. Not a one sentence application saying you've been on for years and how you want to be staff. If you are really going to say that "I have been on HHG for 3 years, give me staff" earn it. It does not matter how long you been on. We have staff who have been on for 2+ years, we have staff that have been on for 3+ months. Does it matter? No. There are pros and cons to both. Having newer staff reduces biasm and they have a fresh set of eyes on the community. Having older staff INCREASES biasm and they will hesitate when banning an old factions friend.

MissDark got demoted. Also, please, before you say slander get the full picture. There is no competitiveness among the staff. That I know of, then again I rejoined recently. The staff team that got introduced last month have been nothing but drama and the staff management team is working extraordinary hard to bring peace and harmony.

Excuse me, but, I have been doing applications ever since they came out on google forms. I recently stopped doing them last year due to school being overwhelming, but I came back as I have free time. Before, it WAS a requirement to be active on the forums as a Helper or upcoming one, but now it is not as our Moderators and Administrators have the forums handled. The Jr.Mod system was not the best, it allowed only players who donated $100 to apply for staff which caused an uproar. Many of the donators at that time where 12 year olds which was ineffective to find good staff. If you have a problem with a staff member PM Zainos with sufficient proof. If there is a player hacking and no staff is on, RECORD THEM! If there is a player hacking and a staff member is online, do /staff, and /msg <staff>.

Trenly, I do not know why you are saying this as you THANKED me for not accepting you as staff.

Those 5 staff members are doing a great job. Helpers being active on forums is a plus, as we have more helpers than mods which allow for more coverage. We do not plan on giving Helpers any sort of new permissions on forums as they do already have now.

Regarding other situations such as flame or whatever should really be the moderators role instead of the admins, I'm not trying to say admins shouldn't do what moderators should but It seems to me that most moderators just couldn't care less.
If you have any suggestions and/or issues with our moderation team please PM Zainos or me.

The thing is, even if they're new, they probably wouldn't know much about hhgn, even for someone who has been on the server for awhile, like _Georgie_, the only gamemode I've ever seen her on was SG, literally just sg nothing else, so they wouldn't know how to handle some things in different gamemodes, like just yesterday some new staff were telling people to stop saying like "wtf" when it is allowed.
New staff are bound to make mistakes. The way they learn is by experience.

Also, it's funny. People are actually blaming me for this. I rejoined a week ago I believe, and I spent that entire time dealing with the anger of players and the staff team. I spent one week cleaning up a mess already made.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM Zainos or I.

Status
Not open for further replies.