• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP PVP tournament (Updated version)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Ok, since I'm really with the whole thing of PvP tournaments and the current thread about it hasn't really got any structure to it while it is a very good idea, I've decided to re-create and better one that I made in the past.

The structure of each tournament

Now, below is a diagram explaining what each tournament is going to run like. Each tournament will also start with 16 players.

gfdg.png

The rounds will be a first to 3, as just doing 1 match and then moving the people doesn't show much skill as the player could have messed up in a round, and players will have a chance to claw themselves back.

The different tournament types

(Please make sure nothing can break in all of the tournaments)

Non speed tournament & speed 2 tournament (Putting these in the same title as they are the same except the speed 2 tournament will obviously have speed 2 effect)

Armor: Diamond armor with protection 2
Weapon: Iron sword with sharpness 3
Effects: Resistance 1 on both and speed 2 on the speed 2 tournament
Will there be soups?: Yes

Bow tournament

Armor: Chain armor with protection 2
Weapon: Bow with power 1 and punch 1
Effects: Speed 1
Will there be soups?: Yes, but only your hotbar

2v2 tournament

Armor: Diamond armor with protection 2
Weapons: Iron sword with sharpness 2 and Bow with power 1 and punch 1 (Decided to do this tournament with both a sword and bow as it's a much more strategic tournament than the others)
Will there be soups?: Yes

Prizes

For each winner(s) of a tournament, the player(s) will be rewarded with 2 ranks up the ranking ladder, and 2nd place will be rewarded with 1 rank up the ranking ladder.

Questions

What if I get paired up with a hacker?: Then the hacker will be kicked out, and what we will do is allow you to fight one of the winners of the round picked at random, if you win you go through along with the winner already going through because they won their match, if you lose you'll go out, same as before. If it is the first match of a round you're in and get paired up with a hacker then you'll have to wait until someone has run a match, and then you'll be able to do this. Unless you beat the hacker that is (Unlikely, but still might happen) then you'll move on.

Is there are limit to how many I can enter?: Yes there is, you can only enter 2 of the 4 tournaments at the most, as we need a variety of people competing.

How do I enter?: Zainos will put up a thread for 1v1 tournament admissions, which will be upcoming and known a few days before. The first players to say they want to compete are the ones who will get in. To enter, say what tournament(s) you want to enter and your IGN.

In the 2v2 tournament, can I choose my teammate?: Yes, you can choose your teammate for the 2v2 tournament.

What will happen if I win or come 2nd on a tournament but am already at the top of the rank ladder?: Then you can give your rank to anybody you wish to give it to, if you're capitol and win, then you'll get 1 rank up and can give the other 1 rank up to someone else.

Hopefully you people like this updated verse, if you have any questions, suggestions or complaints then you can comment in the thread.

Last edited:

MineJam

Retired Staff
I would be all for this if it weren't for hackers. I know you say they would be kicked but there are hackers on pvp as I speak and they're to well hidden for them to be noticeable. And I don't have the resources at the moment to get them banned. Nor do I really want to deal with people hacking atm. Its impossible to deal with people that you think could be hacking, they always deny it, say "LOLOLOLOL" to make themselves look like they have no clue what you're talking about. And they never screen share with you. Its always some bs excuse.

PenguinPeople

I would be all for this if it weren't for hackers. I know you say they would be kicked but there are hackers on pvp as I speak and they're to well hidden for them to be noticeable. And I don't have the resources at the moment to get them banned. Nor do I really want to deal with people hacking atm. Its impossible to deal with people that you think could be hacking, they always deny it, say "LOLOLOLOL" to make themselves look like they have no clue what you're talking about. And they never screen share with you. Its always some bs excuse.
If a staff member watches the tournament and especially their hot bar as they fight it shouldn't be a problem to catch anyone.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Trenly, shut up. I've seen that before and am well aware of it, stop trying to rain on everything you possibly can, just because you can.
|
V
If a staff member watches the tournament and especially their hot bar as they fight it shouldn't be a problem to catch anyone.
This is exactly what I'm gonna add to it as well as fixing the jacked up tournament diagram, and answers your question.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
I like the idea, but with hundreds of players singing in for Kit PvP tournaments this concept would be a little hard to apply and host. Why? Years ago, we used to do similar schemes for PvP tournaments in the server. Furthermore, the main reason of why these events have been discontinued, is that most of times it was very frustrating to host these events as some people would log out, be AFK or not be in the server at the time his/her match was supposed to happen, forcing a disqualification, plus specially when lot of people were participating in the event at the same time, the tournament brackets could be huge and since it's only one staff member (me) hosting the event some times it could take several hours for the event to end and in the meantime logically some people who qualified had to go because not everyone can stay for countless hours online in the server xD
Nevertheless, for this and other game-mode events, I was thinking in introducing the system that other big servers operate in order to host tournaments with hundreds of players as it would be the case of HHG. That consists in for example announcing that in X day in X time period (Normally it's on a weekend since it's when most people have the most free time to play), the entire game-mode would be a tournament and all stats you gain through playing that game-mode during the tournament time period would be collected in special tournament Leaderboards, showing the winners after the tournament time frame has ended. For example, if we announce that during the entire day of tomorrow from 12PM UTC to 7PM UTC there will be a Survival Games tournament, and during that time you manage to win 12 times and kill 105 players in Survival Games, those will be your final stats that will appear in the tournament Leaderboards, and we would give prizes to players with most wins, kills, etc. respectively. Of course there would be Staff moderating that specific game-mode all the time in order to make sure all gameplay is 100% legit and in case a hacker or any other type of suspicious activity (for example kill farming in kit pvp) is detected, the player would be directly disqualified and punished if necessary.

PenguinPeople

Nevertheless, for this and other game-mode events, I was thinking in introducing the system that other big servers operate in order to host tournaments with hundreds of players as it would be the case of HHG. That consists in for example announcing that in X day in X time period (Normally it's on a weekend since it's when most people have the most free time to play), the entire game-mode would be a tournament and all stats you gain through playing that game-mode during the tournament time period would be collected in special tournament Leaderboards, showing the winners after the tournament time frame has ended. For example, if we announce that during the entire day of tomorrow from 12PM UTC to 7PM UTC there will be a Survival Games tournament, and during that time you manage to win 12 times and kill 105 players in Survival Games, those will be your final stats that will appear in the tournament Leaderboards, and we would give prizes to players with most wins, kills, etc. respectively. Of course there would be Staff moderating that specific game-mode all the time in order to make sure all gameplay is 100% legit and in case a hacker or any other type of suspicious activity (for example kill farming in kit pvp) is detected, the player would be directly disqualified and punished if necessary.
With this idea implemented it would do what I was trying to do with my origional idea, which is get more people online playing more gamemodes. Great idea!