• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skyblock Obsidian Trades

Should the trade be changed back to the original?

• Total voters

CxffeeBeanz

In the skyblock spawn trade center, the portal trading villagers' current trade is: 1 pearl gets you 1 obsidian. The trade used to be 1 pearl gets you 5 obsidian. I did the math to create a gold farm for my island, and it used to be 8 double chests full of pearls. Now it comes to 22+ double chests. This is absolutely heinous. For those who need obsidian fast, this trade isn't fair, and we cant spend our time mining over 20,000 obsidian by our own time. Its not that simple, or easy, and it takes too much time. This trade change has made things way harder and less convenient for those who want to progress at a good speed. This would take ages! I wish for the trade to be set back. For the builders and advancers of skyblock.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I like it the way it is now. It is just as easy to mine 1 obsidian as it is to kill 2 endermen. I would argue its even easier to kill the endermen, since you can punch them to death if you have no tools.

CxffeeBeanz

Mining obsidian is more work though, and people who want to advance fast need the trade to be the original one so they can make fair progress. Killing endermen is tedious enough by itself. And imagine those who have the looting sword but not a good diamond pick.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Mining obsidian is more work though, and people who want to advance fast need the trade to be the original one so they can make fair progress. Killing endermen is tedious enough by itself. And imagine those who have the looting sword but not a good diamond pick.
If you have a looting sword, good for you. To kill endermen, all you need to do is put a block above your head, and then stare down an enderman until they become #triggered, or hit them and run back to your 2-block tall shelter. you can punch them to death since they are 3 blocks tall and won't be able to reach you. Also, many player shops sell enderpearls; all you need to do is ask around.

Based on the fact that mining obsidian is harder to do than farming for enderpearls, it should be no problem then that 1 enderpearl equals 1 obsidian. So you are essentially contradicting your own point by the very fact that it is easier to get enderpearls than it is to mine obsidian.

CxffeeBeanz

that's what I'm saying, its easier so it should equal more in the trade for people who wanna advance faster. plus- imagine people with nothing who want a nether portal. theyd have to get 10 pearls instead of 2 with the old trade of 1=5.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
that's what I'm saying, its easier so it should equal more in the trade for people who wanna advance faster. plus- imagine people with nothing who want a nether portal. theyd have to get 10 pearls instead of 2 with the old trade of 1=5.
Your logic seems backwards.
It is easier to get pearls than obsidian, so I should get more obsidian for 1 pearl so that it is easier to get obsidian.
It is easier to get pearls than obsidian, so I should have to pay more pearls to get the same amount of obsidian so that it is a fair trade

_Bach_

Retired Staff
y is dis in maps and worlds tho
Fixed, ty :p

And as I told you in game XxBearBear, skyblock is a game of challenges and patience. Having a gold farm is meant to be a mid-late game item, after a while of farming and completing various challenges.

You seem to highly value peoples "pace" and "quickness" which leads me to believe you are impatient. Take your time, work through the gamemode, there is no rush.

ParadoxTaco

In the skyblock spawn trade center, the portal trading villagers' current trade is: 1 pearl gets you 1 obsidian. The trade used to be 1 pearl gets you 5 obsidian. I did the math to create a gold farm for my island, and it used to be 8 double chests full of pearls. Now it comes to 22+ double chests. This is absolutely heinous. For those who need obsidian fast, this trade isn't fair, and we cant spend our time mining over 20,000 obsidian by our own time. Its not that simple, or easy, and it takes too much time. This trade change has made things way harder and less convenient for those who want to progress at a good speed. This would take ages! I wish for the trade to be set back. For the builders and advancers of skyblock.
Me and Bach both already confronted you on this, your saying that since its so easy to gain pearls, there should be a greater reward for it. That is probably the most, as Trenly. says, backwards logic. Think about it this way. The harder to kill a mob, the more exp. You don't gain 100 xp from kill a chicken, because that would be broken. Now, getting a full bar of xp for killing and enderman? that's pretty good, cause just fighting them without a 2 block shelter could possible be a challenge, and they have more health. All your requesting is we make the game easier, but let me ask you something. Can you still progress without to much effort but still enough grind? the answer is yes. have a good day.