• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skyblock New Custom Crafting Recipe

jawa888

Here is a Custom Recipe that i think should be added to skyblock, when completed you would get 1 ghast tear.
If you look below, you see the recipe is fairly hard to make. You need 3 blocks of quartz A.K.A 27 Nether Quatz. This would still make it nessacary to travel to the nether but it would make it easier to obtain Ghast Tears. Sometimes none spawn and it is very frustrating. Thanks!!:)

2015-02-28_17.55.39.png

evoon

Trusted Member
I think the point of ghasts not spawing that much is because Zainos wants it to be a challenge to get the animal spawn eggs to start an animal farm for resources/food. Plus, if you only needed 3 blocks of quartz for a ghast tear, that would be WAY too easy, because there is so much quartz in the nether. This is my opinion, but I don't like the idea that much. By the way, it would be 12 quartz, not 27, because you only need 4 quartz per block. :)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The second one is a bit better. I still think it should be harder to get. Perhaps a fire charge in the center instead of the Quartz block, since ghasts shoot them. Also, getting the coal and blaze powder would be more challenging.

jawa888

Here i made it very hard to craft but still possible. If you look below it auctully looks like a ghast!!;)

2015-03-01_07.30.10.png

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Sorry I don't like the idea. The challenge is to find and kill the Ghasts yourself in the Nether and retrieve the tear. Making it crafteable would remove the challenge from the game...

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Sorry I don't like the idea. The challenge is to find and kill the Ghasts yourself in the Nether and retrieve the tear. Making it crafteable would remove the challenge from the game...
I can see that, but even so, if you made it just as hard to craft......

SAFollis

Trusted Member
If it were to be added it should be:
Diamond Block Diamond Block Diamond Block

xD Just because it'd be impossible to make.

Anyways, ghast tears are supposed to be hard to get. And quartz is everywhere in the nether.