• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Murder Mystery

RobeeKid

Murder Gamemode
I would like a new gamemode for hggn.
So there would be a murderer who gets a sword renamed 'knife' you can throw and has special abilities like switch bodies and buy a new knife , a detective who gets a hoe renamed 'gun' that shoots arrows and innocents who can collect diamonds that spawn randomly spawns around the map. If an innocent collects 5 diamonds they get a gun.:cool: eh?

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
To me I'd love to see a Murder game mode on Happy HG. Unfortunately lots of people wanted X-Run to be part of Happy HG but that's already a dying gamemode. I can't see how this only will be any different.

Players just aren't interested in minigames anymore on Happy HG.

youngfloppa

Personally, I think the HHGN has plenty of game modes and if we keep adding more they will be more spread out and games will take longer to start because of lack of players. I think that improving the game modes we have is better than adding more. For now at least.

ParadoxTaco

Not even Sg is active anymore, we need a larger group of players before a new gamemode is added. Also, that's on a already much larger server then us, we would be shut down and shamed by the players on that server it we added such a gamemode. You didn't even change anything at all besides the items you collect to get a gun. As stated above, a ttt clone would be a much more accepted gamemode. it has already been added to other servers but not as many as murder has been. And as great and judging Trenly stated, this has already been suggested and turned down. I would check out the current gamemode suggestions before posting a new one.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Not even Sg is active anymore, we need a larger group of players before a new gamemode is added. Also, that's on a already much larger server then us, we would be shut down and shamed by the players on that server it we added such a gamemode. You didn't even change anything at all besides the items you collect to get a gun. As stated above, a ttt clone would be a much more accepted gamemode. it has already been added to other servers but not as many as murder has been. And as great and judging Trenly stated, this has already been suggested and turned down. I would check out the current gamemode suggestions before posting a new one.
nah, even that's the same, just less. But that amount is the same as another murder server (which is excusively murder and much, much older than the one you're talking about, by ~2 years)

ParadoxTaco

nah, even that's the same, just less. But that amount is the same as another murder server (which is excusively murder and much, much older than the one you're talking about, by ~2 years)
Mkay, just wish we had your post apoc gamemode fam. Back on topic though, I don't really understand why you give us a suggestion if you know its on another server. HHG tries to be as original as possible, any idea like this will be shot down long before Zain sees it.

PenguinPeople

Only hitman and jigsaw can really be considered original games.
still better than most servers tho (even the biggest one, none of their gamemodes are original)
The biggest sever has 5+ original games at the moment? But even the other top servers change the game mode a bit (for the most part) so none of them are all a carbon copy of the original.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
The biggest sever has 5+ original games at the moment? But even the other top servers change the game mode a bit (for the most part) so none of them are all a carbon copy of the original.
None of them are original.
Lemme go through some of the gamemodes:
CSGO copy
UHC (just... yeah)
The latest one is just a copy of another server's.
Walls is just bridges without the bridge, but rather walls! Same thing otherwise.
Super Smash Bros. Copy,
Skywars,
generic gamemodes,
etc.

PenguinPeople

None of them are original.
Lemme go through some of the gamemodes:
CSGO copy
UHC (just... yeah)
The latest one is just a copy of another server's.
Walls is just bridges without the bridge, but rather walls! Same thing otherwise.
Super Smash Bros. Copy,
Skywars,
generic gamemodes,
etc.
Wizards
dragon escape
wither assault
sneaky assassins
castle siege
dragons
block hunt (not 100% sure)
micro battle
seasonal gamemodes
I don't like their server much but you must give credit where credit is due. The unique modes is part of what makes it so popular

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Wizards
dragon escape
wither assault
sneaky assassins
castle siege
dragons
micro battle
seasonal gamemodes
I don't like their server much but you must give credit where credit is due. The unique modes is part of what makes it so popular
Oh no no no that's not the biggest server silly. That's 2nd I believe

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Wizards
dragon escape
wither assault
sneaky assassins
castle siege
dragons
micro battle
seasonal gamemodes

Block Hunt = Prop Hunt
Dragon Escape = Temple Run
Castle Siege = Walking Dead etc.
Micro Battles = 8 bit game inspirations

Most servers make gamemodes that are popular outside of Minecraft. It might seem original playing in Minecraft, but you can always see references to culture in the games.

RobeeKid

Block Hunt = Prop Hunt
Dragon Escape = Temple Run
Castle Siege = Walking Dead etc.
Micro Battles = 8 bit game inspirations

Most servers make gamemodes that are popular outside of Minecraft. It might seem original playing in Minecraft, but you can always see references to culture in the games.

Well, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do things like that. In fact we should do things like that. (References from other arcade games, movies, real life events, etc.). If this happened we may get a lot more people on the sever, like youtubers, famous Minecrafters and possibly more people on forums

Last edited:

ParadoxTaco

Well, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do things like that. In fact we should do things like that. (References from other arcade games, movies, real life events, etc.). If this happened we may get a lot more people on the sever, like youtubers, famous Minecrafters and possibly more people on forums
sounds great and all. But if you want to do that, go ahead and take it from a game that is not already on a server. Pretty useless discussion at this point.

RobeeKid

Well if we aren't going to add an new gamemodes then we should do a HUGE gamemode update. To make sg and bridges more popular because barely anyone plays sg and bridges anymore.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Well if we aren't going to add an new gamemodes then we should do a HUGE gamemode update. To make sg and bridges more popular because barely anyone plays sg and bridges anymore.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
We are very open to any new ideas you may have for those gamemodes! We have lots of awesome updates planned for the future, some coming very soon! But if you have an idea to make SG more popular again, please do start a thread and get community feedback!

MineJam

Retired Staff
Isnt that one of another server's game that they have on hype?

Last edited by a moderator: