• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Mountaineer Kit

What cost do you think is better for the Mountaineer Kit?

• I think 1800 is good

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I say that 1200 is good

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
B

Bill_CipherX

I've been seeing on my thread about the new Kit Mountaineer that people are arguing about a good price for the kit.

Here you can vote for which price you think is best! Please note, it's not the cheaper price you always go for, it's the price you think suits the kit. Below you can see what is in the kit.

Cost (We have no idea, yet)

Kit items: Sharpness 3 Diamond Axe renamed Mountain Wrecker, Iron Helmet, Protection 4 Leather Chestplate dyed black, Iron Leggings, Iron Boots and a Leash, when you right-click the Leash you hook onto the block it lands on and teleport there. And of course, soups.

Cooldown for grappling hook (Leash): 25 seconds

Icon (when selecting Kit): a Leash.

These are the items, so have your choice on which price suits! Of course leave your thoughts in the comments below!

B

Bill_CipherX

I've been seeing on my thread about the new Kit Mountaineer that people are arguing about a good price for the kit.

Here you can vote for which price you think is best! Please note, it's not the cheaper price you always go for, it's the price you think suits the kit. Below you can see what is in the kit.

Cost (We have no idea, yet)

Kit items: Sharpness 3 Diamond Axe renamed Mountain Wrecker, Iron Helmet, Protection 4 Leather Chestplate dyed black, Iron Leggings, Iron Boots and a Leash, when you right-click the Leash you hook onto the block it lands on and teleport there. And of course, soups.

Cooldown for grappling hook (Leash): 25 seconds

Icon (when selecting Kit): a Leash.

These are the items, so have your choice on which price suits! Of course leave your thoughts in the comments below!
And BTW, the poll will finish on Friday 5:00 Irish time.

B

Bill_CipherX

We need one more vote to balance out everything so we can get the price. The vote will end soon and if it isn't balanced out I will have no choice but to ask my brother and friends for the suitable price.

B

Bill_CipherX

Also the description for the kit is:

You're one of the best mountain climber out there, you have all the gear! Protective armour, an axe for defence and a grappling hook to get up those heights. With a little more trianing you will be able to climb Mount Everest! No wonder why you have a Mountain Wrecker!

Cost: 1200

And P.S. Don't argue about prices or whatever on future ideas! :mad:

MineJam

Retired Staff
Ok so full iron armor with a prot 1 iron chestplate is what it equals out to.
A sharp 3 diamond pik-axe. and a grappling hook.
A sharpness 3 axe deals more damage than a sharpness 2 diamond sword.
For full iron armor with a prot 1 iron chestplate and a sharpness 2+ diamond sword. 1200 nor 1800 seems fit for a good price on this kit. And you get a grappling hook which is basically a cooldown enderpearl that you never loose.
I don't think neither of these prices are good. I think it should be more.

p.s a leash does not do anything so you cant use it as a grappling hook. You wouldn't be able to see where it lands or anything. You would need a fishing rod that has been coded to be thrown further.

Chickenrage249

Ok so full iron armor with a prot 1 iron chestplate is what it equals out to.
A sharp 3 diamond pik-axe. and a grappling hook.
A sharpness 3 axe deals more damage than a sharpness 2 diamond sword.
For full iron armor with a prot 1 iron chestplate and a sharpness 2+ diamond sword. 1200 nor 1800 seems fit for a good price on this kit. And you get a grappling hook which is basically a cooldown enderpearl that you never loose.
I don't think neither of these prices are good. I think it should be more.

p.s a leash does not do anything so you cant use it as a grappling hook. You wouldn't be able to see where it lands or anything. You would need a fishing rod that has been coded to be thrown further.
Dude, I play 1.8, 1.9 has a lot of good features but the Combat changes are stupid. Perhaps when you right click the leash it sends out an Enderpearl. And the leather chestplate would look much cooler than a prot 1 iron chestplate.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A leash does not do anything so you cant use it as a grappling hook. You wouldn't be able to see where it lands or anything. You would need a fishing rod that has been coded to be thrown further.
Im pretty sure Zain could find a way around that. He could code it to throw an enderpearl, or he could probably even code it to send a fishing hook; it just has to be able to be done with whatever API the server uses.

I don't think neither of these prices are good.
Thats a double negative, so you have me a bit confused.
------------
Personally I believe a sharp 2 pick instead of a sharp 3 axe would balance the kit. It would be able to have slightly better weapon and armor than warrior, and would have "enderpearls". 1200 would be a fair price (200 for weapon and armor upgrade, 1000 for the ability) if the weapon were a sharp 2 pick.

B

Bill_CipherX

You do realise that this is MY kit idea, not yours? I know that your trying to help, but I like the way my kit is. Like ultimateninja125 I don't like the combat changes in 1.9. And like Trenly said, when you right-click the Leash in sends out a fishing hook or if not that, then an EnderPearl.

MineJam

Retired Staff
I think what he has now should be 2k firm. And I don't think Zainos has the time nor even wants to deal with coding for 1 kit.
2k firm is what I think it should be at the kit he has right now.

MineJam

Retired Staff
You do realise that this is MY kit idea, not yours? I know that your trying to help, but I like the way my kit is. Like ultimateninja125 I don't like the combat changes in 1.9. And like Trenly said, when you right-click the Leash in sends out a fishing hook or if not that, then an EnderPearl.
He was giving you an idea not changing the kit. chill

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I think what he has now should be 2k firm. And I don't think Zainos has the time nor even wants to deal with coding for 1 kit.
2k firm is what I think it should be at the kit he has right now.
I like the price it seems even for every thing you get and think about it. Bm has 64 ended pearls and they have no cool down. But this kit dose so it would be very even. Plus with Bm you can just do /kill to get more ended pearls. With this kit you still have to wait for a cool down. And are you Zain? Bc last time I checked you where not. And if you think about it Zain dose what the server wants I'm sure he could find some time.

MineJam

Retired Staff
Do I need to be Zainos to give my opinion? I never said he wouldn't, I said I didn't think he would. Huge difference, chill.
I know for a fact Zainos is a busy person with factions and I can name multiple times he hasn't done things because he was busy. Just because half a dozen people want something as small as a kit in the server, doesn't mean he is going to drop everything he is doing to make a few people happy. And are you really comparing bm to this kit? bm is like 4k this isnt even 2 ofc its going to have worse abilities. For what this kit is I think 2k is firm. My opinion, no need to bash me for it.