• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games Make SG Great Again

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Okay everyone, let's get down to business. Obviously, there are still many people out there including myself that want to see the rise of survival games again. So I have made this topic for suggestions that you think would improve the game...

I have also made my own list:

1) New maps that capture the simplicity and vibe of the old ones.
2) New lobby
3) New death match more closely to the style of the rest of the HHGN server (rustic) OR make a particular deathmatch arena for every map that matches the maps style.
4) Adding additional items in care packages/just new items in chests.
5) Chests restock sooner (no game nowadays lasts long enough to see restock even if a majority of chests have been looted)
6) Voting for what time of day and the game will start with. (Like skywars)
7) Add more of the original maps HHGN is missing. Like; SG2, SG3, SG5, and Moon base 9 (revamp them if you please)
8) Possibly remove/revamp of maps like madness, sunshine city, the ancients, rugged lands, butter arena, and parkour world (Ik they are server "classics" and "originals" but they are old and look bad in comparison to some)
9) Give credit to map builders when map is picked. It will give them a sense of accomplishment and make them want to play their creations.
10) In addition to winning coins; players who win will be given about 10 HHGN tokens. And maybe 1 or 2 tokens per kill.
11) Have frequent "events" to build hype for the gamemode.
12) Once you have hopefully updated SG kick it all back off with an SG tournament (it will be a grand reopening deal)
13), A monthly league. Maybe the top winner of the month getting some sort of prize (like ranks or treaures). That could be a way to get attention and start competition. Another idea is that the monthly thing could be a top 100 of itself and then there could be the top100 "alltime" one as well (the one we havecurrently).

I realize you all probably won't agree with a majority of these things but that's okay, I would like to hear ur suggestions in the comments. Hopefully whatever gets added in the new update (if anything) can start rebuilding the namestake of the server.

Thanks for reading,
EPICMATT88 and EWB_ALEX88

Last edited:

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Okay everyone, let's get down to business. Obviously, there are still many people out there including myself that want to see the rise of survival games again. So I have made this topic for suggestions that you think would improve the game...

2) New lobby
3) New death match more closely to the style of the rest of the HHGN server (rustic) OR make a particular deathmatch arena for every map that matches the maps style.
5) Chests restock sooner (no game nowadays lasts long enough to see restock even if a majority of chests have been looted)
7) Add more of the original maps HHGN is missing. Like; SG2, SG3, SG5, and Moon base 9 (revamp them if you please)
8) Possibly remove/revamp of maps like madness, sunshine city, the ancients, rugged lands, butter arena, and parkour world (Ik they are server "classics" and "originals" but they are old and look bad in comparison to some)
9) Give credit to map builders when map is picked. It will give them a sense of accomplishment and make them want to play their creations.
10) In addition to winning coins; players who win will be given about 10 treasure shards. And maybe 1 or 2 shards per kill.
12) Once you have hopefully updated SG kick it all back off with an SG tournament (it will be a grand reopening deal)

I realize you all probably won't agree with a majority of these things but that's okay, I would like to hear ur suggestions in the comments. Hopefully whatever gets added in the new update (if anything) can start rebuilding the namestake of the server.

Thanks for reading,
I pretty much like all of these ideas, however with number 10, don't you mean HHGN tokens?

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Items for #4 can be additional potions, and random items with enchants (like the book of char). These random objects were and still are cool ways to set the server differently from others.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff

2) New lobby
10) In addition to winning coins; players who win will be given about 10 HHGN tokens. And maybe 1 or 2 tokens per kill.

Thanks for reading,
I like it, good to see someone cares about making SG as good as it once was. However two things, one is that I don't really like the idea of 4 very much, maybe have a few different items but don't go crazy and crappy with them to the point skill and luck doesn't matter so much, and two is there is one major thing that I think should be done and you missed out, reset the leaderboards so it makes more people want to get to the top.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I like it, good to see someone cares about making SG as good as it once was. However two things, one is that I don't really like the idea of 4 very much, maybe have a few different items but don't go crazy and crappy with them to the point skill and luck doesn't matter so much, and two is there is one major thing that I think should be done and you missed out, reset the leaderboards so it makes more people want to get to the top.
Yeah I can agree with the not to overpowering of weapons added that's the last thing it needs. And with the reset I understand where u are coming from but since I'm greedy I wanted to see my spot secure on the top 100 XD (like 23 rn)

PenguinPeople

reset the leaderboards so it makes more people want to get to the top.
This can be done with all gamemodes, make month long "seasons" where people try to get to the top and have rewards for top placers. This can increase the drive to play (which is why many companies do it) as well as making the leader boards more accurate and mean something

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Yeah I can agree with the not to overpowering of weapons added that's the last thing it needs. And with the reset I understand where u are coming from but since I'm greedy I wanted to see my spot secure on the top 100 XD (like 23 rn)
That's the problem, people that are high up are too greedy and can just haunch on their past wins when the server was popular in sg. I get it was a lot of work to get there but resetting it every year or so will make more people come in. I mean I'm not exactly a low place in the leaderboards and I want to see different people at the top.
This can be done with all gamemodes, make month long "seasons" where people try to get to the top and have rewards for top placers. This can increase the drive to play (which is why many companies do it) as well as making the leader boards more accurate and mean something
Yes.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Yeah it's probably best for a reset. I actually like that monthly idea from PenguinPeople, a monthly league could be cool. Maybe the winner of the month getting some sort of prize? That could be a way to get attention and start competition. Another idea is that the monthly thing could be a top 100 of itself and then there could be the top 100 "alltime" one as well (the one we have currently).

PenguinPeople

Yeah it's probably best for a reset. I actually like that monthly idea from PenguinPeople, a monthly league could be cool. Maybe the winner of the month getting some sort of prize? That could be a way to get attention and start competition. Another idea is that the monthly thing could be a top 100 of itself and then there could be the top 100 "alltime" one as well (the one we have currently).
I like the addition of the all time leaderboard as well. So you can still shoot to be number one overall not just the season

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Yeah I'm down for all that stuff it all looks good

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
In addition, possible awards for winning a season can be either with ranks or the treasure hunter crates. If we were to go by crates (I would prefer this for the servers budget) 1st would get a ledgendary crate 2nd would get a rare crate and 3rd could get a common crate. If we were to go buy ranks (which I don't recommend as much) 1st can get a high rank and we work our way down with position here too.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I really love the idea of a monthly league leaderboard, this could be done for both solo sg and normal sg, and an overall leaderboard. And yes I also love the fact of adding prizes at the end of every month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person which would definitely draw people in the play it and claim the prizes :)

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Another thing to clarify; I believe chests restock at about 20 mins in? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) If we could cut that to maybe 10 or even 15 that'd be much better, considering that most games won't even hit that.