• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Labymod is actually allowed?

ItzJinx

Well i'm finally un-forum banned and i'm not surprised LabyMod still isn't allowed.
But here's where it gets funny, they say labymod has slight reach, but does the reach really effect gameplay if someone using another client can easily outstrafe you using whatever client and can jitter click to bypass labymod's hit range? For ex.: Zainos uses LabyMod and is fighting me, I jitter click and hit farther than him depending on my ping/latency and CPS. Well you'd be like: But labymod has slight reach doesn't it?
Well to answer that, it's a yes and no answer.
Yes - The creators have said it has about a few centimeters more of a hit range (about a quarter of a block) but it shouldn't effect gameplay too much and isn't allowed on all servers but is on most.

No - Depending on your opponents skill, client, CPS, Ping/Latency/ms, and fighting style (rod, bow, sword, etc.) LabyMod doesn't really help too much which means that even that small little range doesn't help you out against your opponent if they're good.

-Now you'd be like, but if they're not good, it's not fair.
Well that can be true too, but think about it, if you had 15 ping and you're a jitter clicker, that can be just as helpful as using LabyMod's (slight range) against someone who's bad or is using LabyMod against you (and LabyMod doesn't even do that good for it's "slight range").

So here's my conclusion:
LabyMod has slight range as stated by it's creators and ST0RMSH0CK as i've been told and it can relate to unfair advantages.
But! You can easily overcome this and beat your opponent by either clicking faster, playing in a better style, using hotbar, secondaries, and other accessories to help you get the better advantage on your opponent, plus LabyMod's range isn't even that strong (it's about as good as 1/2 of a jitter clicker).

So now I ask you staff and Zainos, is LabyMod really against the rules or is it allowed?

To add-on: I know, LabyMod has extra items such as BetterAnimations, BetterSprint, BetterHat, etc. but read the rules:
Especially in PvP-Related Gamemodes, certain mods such as LabyMod can give a slight advantage to one user which creates unfair Gameplay. In order to ensure fairness across all Gamemodes, here is a list of all mods allowed in our Network:

• OptiFine
  • Too Many Items/Not Enough Items
  • Custom NPC’s
  • More Player Models
  • Camera Studio Mod
  • Minimap Mods (Without Entity Radar)
  • Better Sprint (Some Better Sprint mods may include things such as FastEat or NoSlow, those are not allowed!)
  • Sildur’s Shader pack (Some shaders mods may reduce or remove the blindness effect, which is unfair in certain Gamemodes such as Hitman and KOTL. Therefore, these are not allowed!)
  • Better Animations
  • FancyChat
  • MineTunes
  • Pixelmon
Think about it, why would LabyMod be against the rules if you can easily overcome it's slight range + it has the exact same mods that are allowed, as seen in the rules here + mods that don't effect gameplay or are allowed in other clients such as Forge or 5Zig?
Exactly, it's not against the rules, because it's not a hacked client and has allowed mods.

Cons: Now I have to agree, LabyMod does have an injected side to it, but this is an easy thing to overcome since, the injected version can be spectated/ SS'd by a staff member and the player using the injected version can be banned/caught and it would be counted as a hacked client (Not the original LabyMod.)

Pros: LabyMod helps just as much as vanilla (It shows Ping, FPS, and shows things that were in 1.7 vanilla, and makes the gameplay just more enjoyable). Only difference is that it is a mix between 1.8 and 1.7 and can make it an easier style for the player using it to pvp.

Mayonaizze

Trusted Member
Well i'm finally un-forum banned and i'm not surprised LabyMod still isn't allowed.
But here's where it gets funny, they say labymod has slight reach, but does the reach really effect gameplay if someone using another client can easily outstrafe you using whatever client and can jitter click to bypass labymod's hit range? For ex.: Zainos uses LabyMod and is fighting me, I jitter click and hit farther than him depending on my ping/latency and CPS. Well you'd be like: But labymod has slight reach doesn't it?
Yes - The creators have said it has about a few centimeters more of a hit range (about a quarter of a block) but it shouldn't effect gameplay too much and isn't allowed on all servers but is on most.

No - Depending on your opponents skill, client, CPS, Ping/Latency/ms, and fighting style (rod, bow, sword, etc.) LabyMod doesn't really help too much which means that even that small little range doesn't help you out against your opponent if they're good.

Well that can be true too, but think about it, if you had 15 ping and you're a jitter clicker, that can be just as helpful as using LabyMod's (slight range) against someone who's bad or is using LabyMod against you (and LabyMod doesn't even do that good for it's "slight range").

So here's my conclusion:
LabyMod has slight range as stated by it's creators and ST0RMSH0CK as i've been told and it can relate to unfair advantages.
But! You can easily overcome this and beat your opponent by either clicking faster, playing in a better style, using hotbar, secondaries, and other accessories to help you get the better advantage on your opponent, plus LabyMod's range isn't even that strong (it's about as good as 1/2 of a jitter clicker).

So now I ask you staff and Zainos, is LabyMod really against the rules or is it allowed?

To add-on: I know, LabyMod has extra items such as BetterAnimations, BetterSprint, BetterHat, etc. but read the rules:
Especially in PvP-Related Gamemodes, certain mods such as LabyMod can give a slight advantage to one user which creates unfair Gameplay. In order to ensure fairness across all Gamemodes, here is a list of all mods allowed in our Network:

• OptiFine
  • Custom NPC’s
  • More Player Models
  • Camera Studio Mod
  • Better Sprint (Some Better Sprint mods may include things such as FastEat or NoSlow, those are not allowed!)
  • Sildur’s Shader pack (Some shaders mods may reduce or remove the blindness effect, which is unfair in certain Gamemodes such as Hitman and KOTL. Therefore, these are not allowed!)
  • Better Animations
  • FancyChat
  • MineTunes
  • Pixelmon
Think about it, why would LabyMod be against the rules if you can easily overcome it's slight range + it has the exact same mods that are allowed, as seen in the rules here + mods that don't effect gameplay or are allowed in other clients such as Forge or 5Zig?
Exactly, it's not against the rules, because it's not a hacked client and has allowed mods.

Cons: Now I have to agree, LabyMod does have an injected side to it, but this is an easy thing to overcome since, the injected version can be spectated/ SS'd by a staff member and the player using the injected version can be banned/caught and it would be counted as a hacked client (Not the original LabyMod.)

Pros: LabyMod helps just as much as vanilla (It shows Ping, FPS, and shows things that were in 1.7 vanilla, and makes the gameplay just more enjoyable). Only difference is that it is a mix between 1.8 and 1.7 and can make it an easier style for the player using it to pvp.
Agreed.

It'd be nice for this to be allowed, so you can see ping, fps, etc. which is helpful af.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member

So here's my conclusion:

• OptiFine
  • Custom NPC’s
  • More Player Models
  • Camera Studio Mod
  • Better Animations
  • FancyChat
  • MineTunes
  • Pixelmon

Ok one it has still a advantage against other players. NO MATTER WHAT PLAYER. The user of laby mod still has a advantage in the pvp fight and there are other mods that you can use that have most of the things you say. And why dose it matter if you use laby mod. You rly don't need to see your fps if you want to see it just do f3. And also you can just get a mod that has better sprint. Or just use regular sprint which is fine to use. And again a slight advantage is still a advantage. So I rest my case there is not need to use a hack client in general. And if you do need to use one just get one that is aloud. Viper <3

Mayonaizze

Trusted Member
Ok one it has still a advantage against other players. NO MATTER WHAT PLAYER. The user of laby mod still has a advantage in the pvp fight and there are other mods that you can use that have most of the things you say. And why dose it matter if you use laby mod. You rly don't need to see your fps if you want to see it just do f3. And also you can just get a mod that has better sprint. Or just use regular sprint which is fine to use. And again a slight advantage is still a advantage. So I rest my case there is not need to use a hack client in general. And if you do need to use one just get one that is aloud. Viper <3
ItzJinx nice rant you had about that in our skype call~

Labymod isn't a hack client >_< It's just something used to make gameplay easier ig.

ItzJinx

Well, JustHic you're right, you can do that, and it wouldn't be an illegal mod, but what Trenly is saying is that, some people don't know that it's illegal because it wasn't put in the rules as an illegal mod, and the fact KitPvP has health indicators gives more of a feeling that health indicators would be allowed (not saying they are), also Viper, you say "it's still unfair", hm.... weren't you the "tryhard" in SG that buys weapons off spawn and still beat people who use LabyMod in SG? Yes, I think you were, and LabyMod is not a hacked client? Are you an idiot? If a huge admin for a huge server (Not mentioning the name) used LabyMod on his youtube channel, don't you think he'd be demoted and banned by now? Yes, but is he banned? No, because LabyMod isn't a hacked client, unless you wanna count Optifine as killaura.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Labymod Shouldn't be allowed for many reasons.

1. There is no such thing as a legit attack when using Labymod, All your hits are manipulated/not clean because it sends different data to the server regardin how you attack. Having modded Attacks is 100% Hacking imo, this mod isn't a "visual animation" mod as people claim it to be.
2. Contains ArmorHUD Banned mod because it would give an unfair advantage in skywars,UHC,Factions etc (Two of those gamemodes coming soon)
3. Contains Health Indicators, Extremely OP in skywars,SG,Hitman ETC. Definite Unfair advantage
4. Labymod can give other players free access into your account since your session data is stored on their server, enjoy being someones else alt, you could get banned for hacking etc without even actually doing it.
5. Labymod's owners can send any files to your computer without your consent/knowing. This includes harmful files etc.

Ping etc doesn't really change, If you wanna see FPS use 1.8.9 Optifine etc

ItzJinx nice rant you had about that in our skype call~

Labymod isn't a hack client >_< It's just something used to make gameplay easier ig.

Hacked Clients are just mods that aren't vanilla gameplay. Labymod and any other sort of client, are all modded and not vanilla. Real Hacking tbh is when you get unauthorized access, like becoming owner etc. Labymod offers plenty of ways to give players unfair advantages because really it's more then what they advertise. It should stay banned and any player caught using it will be banned, unless the current rules are changed.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Well, JustHic you're right, you can do that, and it wouldn't be an illegal mod, but what Trenly is saying is that, some people don't know that it's illegal because it wasn't put in the rules as an illegal mod, and the fact KitPvP has health indicators gives more of a feeling that health indicators would be allowed (not saying they are), also Viper, you say "it's still unfair", hm.... weren't you the "tryhard" in SG that buys weapons off spawn and still beat people who use LabyMod in SG? Yes, I think you were, and LabyMod is not a hacked client? Are you an idiot? If a huge admin for a huge server (Not mentioning the name) used LabyMod on his youtube channel, don't you think he'd be demoted and banned by now? Yes, but is he banned? No, because LabyMod isn't a hacked client, unless you wanna count Optifine as killaura.
Ok one thanks for accusing me of something that is not true. You can ask any other player that plays sg ST0RMSH0CK that i don't target at all. And I would say you target and buy a weapon more than I do. Next the advantages still are more than the pros. And I'm going to say it again. A ADVANTAGE IS STILL A ADVANTAGE no matter what. It stills gives a slight advantage to the player that is using it. And a disadvantage to the player that dose not use it. Plus I know you can turn of the hacks but the server dose not know that you turned them off. And you always could turn them on. And if you think there is a reason why this mod is not aloud and it should stay that way.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
What Trenly is saying is that, some people don't know that it's illegal because it wasn't put in the rules as an illegal mod, and the fact KitPvP has health indicators gives more of a feeling that health indicators would be allowed. . . If a huge admin for a huge server (Not mentioning the name) used LabyMod on his youtube channel, don't you think he'd be demoted and banned by now?
1) It doesnt need to be put as an illegal mod because its NOT on the allowed mods list. And it specifically says that any mod that gives any form of advantage is not allowed

2) Just because PVP has health indicators does not mean they are allowed. Health Indicators still provide an advantage in SG, Hitman, and other Gamemodes.

3) Labymod is allowed on other servers. Just because that admin of the huge server uses it, it may be allowed on that server.

4) You are correct in saying that it isnt a hacked client. It is however a mod (Its called LabyMod for a reason). And it is a mod that HHG does not allow the use of.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Remember guys it's not just for PvP, there is SG and skywars etc. too :p So you may say Oh it has health indicators, ok we now know that it that is why for now 1 reason it is not allowed on the Happy Hunger Games Network. PvP does enable you to see the players health but in other areas of the server it doesn't. Just one of many stated reasons why Labymod is not allowed :p and this was one reason what Trenly said too

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Doesnt labymod contain health indicators though?
It does but people like me don't use the health indicators as that is giving an unfair advantage to players, I have the labymod downloaded and I've made a separate forge folder in my mc account containing some of the mods from the labymod such as the ping mod (See ping instead of bars) 1.7 blockhit animation (See the animation from 1.7 for blockhitting, yes you can blockhit in 1.8 for anyone who doesn't know and there are many, it just doesn't do the animation anymore for some stupid reason) and optifine which does come with the labymod and is also in my folder, and made this for servers like hhg who don't allow the actual use of labymod.
STILL A ADVANTAGE. And it still is unfair for the other player.
I haven't actually found any difference when I do use the labymod in hit reach, it maybe because my ping already isn't good but I don't find any advantage myself, and yes I tested it before I claimed it hasn't made any difference.

I don't see why this mod shouldn't be allowed so long as Zain makes an anticheat to block the damage indicator and armor HUD mod's from use, because as far as I can see as a user of this mod, the only reason it hasn't allowed it as far as I can see is because of the damage indicators and armor HUD contained in the pack, which DOES give an advantage and can be solved by making an anti-cheat which detects if players have damage indicators or armor HUD and automatically disables them from using it when in the server, some of the more popular servers have it.

ItzJinx

XV_Scorpion_VX That statement is 100% true, and yes I know that Laby does include health indicators and that it isn't allowed on HHG, but Scorpion is right, other players can download it to have just as much "Advantage" as we users do, or Zainos can create an anti-cheat blocking this out (armor hud, and other illegal mods), I get this takes work, but give it a try, it could attract a lot more players if you lightened up on the rules for mods a bit.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
SAFollis MysticMusician and QuartzyTheCat it's basically a mod that gives a load of pvp related mods that can be found, but this kind of combines them all and puts it in an easy download file. It includes some banned mods like damage indicators and stuff as well as a ping mod and a 1.7 blockhit animation, which unlike a hacked client can be blocked so the banned mods on labymod can be disabled with an anticheat, so now you know.

Kuiah

Just read this post, I don't find anything wrong with LabyMod.. but I do use normal 1.8.0 Optifine just because of the hit registry whilst jittering. But yeah, I made a post about taking less knockback in Minecraft and or decreasing/increasing latency so making LabyMod banable is like making RegEdit, DNS, TcpNoDelay Mod, etc. Banable, but yeah non of my concern because I couldn't care less about if LabyMod is allowed or not, just though I'd give my opinion on it.

_Link

Labymod Shouldn't be allowed for many reasons.

1. There is no such thing as a legit attack when using Labymod, All your hits are manipulated/not clean because it sends different data to the server regardin how you attack. Having modded Attacks is 100% Hacking imo, this mod isn't a "visual animation" mod as people claim it to be.
2. Contains ArmorHUD Banned mod because it would give an unfair advantage in skywars,UHC,Factions etc (Two of those gamemodes coming soon)
3. Contains Health Indicators, Extremely OP in skywars,SG,Hitman ETC. Definite Unfair advantage
4. Labymod can give other players free access into your account since your session data is stored on their server, enjoy being someones else alt, you could get banned for hacking etc without even actually doing it.
5. Labymod's owners can send any files to your computer without your consent/knowing. This includes harmful files etc.

Ping etc doesn't really change, If you wanna see FPS use 1.8.9 Optifine etc

Hacked Clients are just mods that aren't vanilla gameplay. Labymod and any other sort of client, are all modded and not vanilla. Real Hacking tbh is when you get unauthorized access, like becoming owner etc. Labymod offers plenty of ways to give players unfair advantages because really it's more then what they advertise. It should stay banned and any player caught using it will be banned, unless the current rules are changed.

These data/file reasons etc are already fixed. These info was just sourced from a Hypickle post back in December 2015. They patched the data fix already but still refused to allow the mod. The only reason they disallowed it was because it wasn't compatible with their so called "custom anti cheat" (Fixed versions being 2.6 and above)

Health indicators are still there which you can disable/enable them, but you could just block the health indication from working itself like XV_Scorpion_VX said, and I still don't understand some peoples points on how this gives you an unfair advantage but things like BetterSprint don't?

Last edited:

Kuiah

These data/file reasons etc are already fixed. These info was just sourced from a Hypickle post back in December 2015. They patched the data fix already but still refused to allow the mod. (Fixed versions being 2.6 and above)

Health indicators are still there which you can disable/enable them, but you could just block the health indication from working itself like XV_Scorpion_VX said, and I still don't understand some peoples points on how this gives you an unfair advantage but things like BetterSprint don't?
All I have to say is I like turtles and Vape is legit PvP.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
These data/file reasons etc are already fixed. These info was just sourced from a Hypickle post back in December 2015. They patched the data fix already but still refused to allow the mod. The only reason they disallowed it was because it wasn't compatible with their so called "custom anti cheat" (Fixed versions being 2.6 and above)

This is so true.