• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Increase Latency - Read this all if you wish to understand

Kuiah

Hello HHGN, this is mainly for others to realize how I get such good Latency; This could also help some players get somewhat better at PvP. Keep in mind, these methods are completely legit and if you're somehow banned for it, then the server has made a rule NOT to use the "perks".

The 1st method I'm going to try and explain is of course Registry Editor, or more well known as RegEdit

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH EDITING REGISTRY VALUES AND READ REQUIREMENT 7 BEFORE ATTEMPTING IT. YOU ATTEMPTING IT MEANS YOU AGREE TO REQUIREMENT 7. YOU CAN CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOUR WINDOWS SETUP IF YOU MESS UP!!

So basically you're editing your Registry Values. This will increase the reaction time in game and most likely reduce Knockback. I will be copy and pasting some steps from a well known user.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Windows XP or higher (does not work on mac/linux as this is changing window's settings)
2. Decent CPU - A decent CPU means typically a quad core (or a computer made in this decade). This does increase your CPU by a very small margin. If you aren't running minecraft at 100% CPU you have nothing to worry about.
3. Internet that isn't dial up - 5 Mbps Down and 1 Mbps Up should be sufficient, but lower limits might still work. This method doesn't make your internet faster, it makes your computer handle and process packets instantly, which means it sends them to the internet faster.
4. Common sense - If you can't follow instructions then I highly recommend you don't do this.
5. Admin access on your computer
6. Read Fluent English - Do not even ATTEMPT this if you aren't very fluent in English, you might not understand something and really end up messing something up.
7. YOU CANNOT BLAME ME OR THE "CREATOR" OF THIS IF YOU JUST SO HAPPEN TO MESS UP!!!!

Now, lets get into the steps

1. Open up run (Windows Key + R) and type "regedit" (without quotes, and note that everything afterwards that is surrounded by quotes should be removed too) and then hit enter
2. Go to the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces"
3. For each folder under Interfaces, you need to do steps 4 and 5. Please note three things: If the DWORD registry key is already there, just make sure it is set to the correct value. Capitalization MaTtErS, if you do not type the values with the EXACT correct capitalization, it WILL NOT WORK. Do NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, EDIT/DELETE ANYTHING I DO NOT TELL YOU TO TOUCH.
4. Create two "DWORD" registry keys called "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay"
How to create new DWORD registry keys - https://i.imgur.com//Zdi6d98.png
5. Double-click on each new registry key and change the value from "0" to "1"(base hexadecimal)
Examples of editing them (double click on the name or right click on the name and hit modify… - MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING HEXADECIMAL) - https://i.imgur.com//LIlPMOm.png https://i.imgur.com//OoMJKMS.png
6. Confirm that you have done these keys ( https://i.imgur.com//3hRs3V2.png ) for all subfolders of the Interfaces folder (I have 4, you could have anywhere from 1 to 100. Also note that some of these might have nothing in them) - https://i.imgur.com//LscZ34O.png
7. Restart your computer (this is VERY important - these won't activate until you do so as most registry updates don't actually activate until windows reloads. If you've ever wondered why you are asked to restart after installing a program - this is why)

FURTHER NOTES

1. If you wish to uninstall this, just go delete all DWORD registry keys called "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay" in the Interfaces folder in the registry.

2. This will not affect command prompt ping. Command prompt ping uses a packet named ICMP, and this only affects TCP packets. What this does do, is actually moves your in game latency (something you can't see but WILL feel) closer to that actual ping if your computer/internet can handle it. Before hand you might had a ping of 80 but an actual latency of 200.

Here is a video that I've found helped me when I was going through this process -

NOW FOR THE NEXT TIP ON HOW TO INCREASE LATENCY

DNS: Domain Name System

This is a fairly easy thing to add or change I should say, so I won't go that in depth with this.

STEPS

1. Find your "Wireless Internet Connection 5", this should be at the bottom of the Cortana (Windows 10 Users). This should still be at the bottom of the Windows Bar in Windows 7 below.
2. Click on "Properties"
3. Click on "Internet Protocall (TCP/IP)"
4. Next, check the box titled "Use the following DNS server addresses"
5. Change your DNS to "8.8.8.8" then under it, "8.8.4.4"
6. CLICK OK AND YOU'RE DONE

Video to help you through this process -

These methods are completely legit as stated in the beginning of this post, if these methods are going to be banable in the future then that's just idiotic...
Anyway, hope this helped you.

FULL CREDIT TO ARCHYBOT FOR THE REGISTRY EDITOR CONCEPT!!!!

~ ureasy/WR3KED

Last edited by a moderator:

_Link

archybot gqd, also this would never be ban worthy since you can't detect registery edits and if they say they can its a load of rubbish ayyyy

Unitus

Retired Staff
This is a legit method, not just will it help you inside Minecraft, but everything you do on your computer, basically what you are changing is the command your computer makes when it receives packets as boxes, the normal setup of windows, will get this boxes and start grouping them instead of immediately digesting it, this method simply gives windows the possibility of, grabbing those boxes and instead of grouping them into groups digest it immediately, thank me later

Kuiah

This is a legit method, not just will it help you inside Minecraft, but everything you do on your computer, basically what you are changing is the command your computer makes when it receives packets as boxes, the normal setup of windows, will get this boxes and start grouping them instead of immediately digesting it, this method simply gives windows the possibility of, grabbing those boxes and instead of grouping them into groups digest it immediately, thank me later
Yes, you can also download DNS Benchmark to find the best possible servers to join.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Now if only all those 300 ping people in csgo that can kill you when you're behind a wall from their ping would do this (lenny)

Also... what if you have folders inside some of those folders? xD
upload_2016-2-21_20-6-20.png