• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

I quit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your signature speaks 1000 words with what you've just said xD and the fact that we can't exactly monitor people constantly with what mods they could potentially have...
And how exactly do you even plan on keeping this rule under control. Its not like you have a constant moderation on players to see if they have forage. And if you have BetterSprint its not hard to make it look like normal sprinting, cause big surprise, its the same thing. Armour Hud and Potion status does nothing on this server, like really, do you expect your armour to break?

"The fact that we can't exactly monitor people constantly with what mods they could potentially have..."
You act like you are even able to tell if people have forage. O wait, you can't even tell unless they tell you, or they have a video of them with it. Good luck trying to keep this under control because, unlike hacks(which are obvious when people use them), you can't tell.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
And this is why I don't use mods cause one server or another I will run into problems. Just get over it all and use whatever works and is allowed.
I'm like always using OptiFine, Better Sprinting & World Edit (which only works in single player, in multiplayer I can only use L xd)

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
And how exactly do you even plan on keeping this rule under control. Its not like you have a constant moderation on players to see if they have forage. And if you have BetterSprint its not hard to make it look like normal sprinting, cause big surprise, its the same thing. Armour Hud and Potion status does nothing on this server, like really, do you expect your armour to break?

"The fact that we can't exactly monitor people constantly with what mods they could potentially have..."
You act like you are even able to tell if people have forage. O wait, you can't even tell unless they tell you, or they have a video of them with it. Good luck trying to keep this under control because, unlike hacks(which are obvious when people use them), you can't tell.
Like Zainos said before, we're only allowing certain mods through the use of forge and liteloader etc. Armour HUD and Potion status effects for viewing without going into the inventory does give an advantage, take for example in SG you have invisibility on and you have the advantage of seeing when it will run out to potentially put your armour back on; then there is skywars when you could have potion effects too and if you have a long game running (and constantly being attacked) you can view without going into your inventory to check even with F3 + H enabled to see your armour status to potentially change. It's still an advantage and those are bigger advantages than BetterSprint.

And as a matter of fact, it is working really well keeping people out who are using other mods that are not allowed on this server :) As I have seen myself, and the other staff too.

_Link

Like Zainos said before, we're only allowing certain mods through the use of forge and liteloader etc. Armour HUD and Potion status effects for viewing without going into the inventory does give an advantage, take for example in SG you have invisibility on and you have the advantage of seeing when it will run out to potentially put your armour back on; then there is skywars when you could have potion effects too and if you have a long game running (and constantly being attacked) you can view without going into your inventory to check even with F3 + H enabled to see your armour status to potentially change. It's still an advantage and those are bigger advantages than BetterSprint.

And as a matter of fact, it is working really well keeping people out who are using other mods that are not allowed on this server :) As I have seen myself, and the other staff too.

BetterSprint is one of the mods that give the biggest advantage, the fact that you don't have to press a separate key in order to sprint changes a lot, It changes timing for everything - allows parkour to be easier, allows you to W-tap easier for PvP oriented games, imo it is one of the biggest advantages. I would either disallow BetterSprint or allow ArmourHUD, StatusEffect etc, because the arguement for disallowing the Armour mods just contradicts allowing this mod. Let me know what you think as we all have opinions.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Can you add FastChat to the allowed mods? Zainos
Please guys for requests about new (safe) mods being added to the allowed list please PM me and we'll discuss it!
BetterSprint is one of the mods that give the biggest advantage, the fact that you don't have to press a separate key in order to sprint changes a lot, It changes timing for everything - allows parkour to be easier, allows you to W-tap easier for PvP oriented games, imo it is one of the biggest advantages. I would either disallow BetterSprint or allow ArmourHUD, StatusEffect etc, because the arguement for disallowing the Armour mods just contradicts allowing this mod. Let me know what you think as we all have opinions.
If it were like you said we would consider it, but there's a feature in VANILLA MINECRAFT that let's you to do the exact feature BetterSprint offer by binding sprinting to a key so you don't need to tap W twice.
13ea22b0ae6fad9acd46d83dfe091fe7.png

Furthermore, if you are wandering about the "Run in all directions" feature BetterSprint offers, our plugin also blocks that feature as definitely is considered as speed hacking (specially when sprinting backwards), so you shouldn't worry about that ;)

Since there's no need to discuss this topic any more as it has already been clarified, the thread has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.