• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games Holiday Resort - New Revamp

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Okay so the new revamp of Holiday Resort is kinda dull in my opinion. The spawn has no detail it's just a tall building with a few fences as windows and looks boring. A lot of people have been saying that they dislike it a lot because of how there isn't any detailing.

This is the second revamp of this map if I am correct.. Some maps are not even able to be revamped due to them being originals and liked but yet they could do with a revamp to make them unique to this server and more chests e.g Breeze Island 1.

My suggestion is to either maybe remove this revamp and put in the old one or possibly get the person who revamped it to add detailing to the things that have been changed.

Comment opinions below :)

Last edited:

Unitus

Retired Staff
This is completely wrong, hence the look on the original Holiday Resort, it has no detail and looks very dull, so it got changed to the stone one, but it didn't really match the theme of a "Light House", so it got changed to the blue one, it has more depth and with enhanced pillars, now I need an experienced builder like iiJam to decide this, Pictures down below of the original Holiday Resort (red one) and the revamped (blue one) I could of kept the same pattern all the way and just changed the colors of the light house but, it would of not been an exclusive and either way the blue one looks way better in my opinion.

2013-07-22_173918_6004948.jpg

DbcQOid.jpg

Lowvex

Personally I think that the blue one is more detailed than the red one as you can see in the photos even the terrain changed. Also there is some detailed added to light house. The difference in the spawn is not even big at all and also just like unitus said it's basically personal preference:).

Tuut

Trusted Member
This is completely wrong, hence the look on the original Holiday Resort, it has no detail and looks very dull, so it got changed to the stone one, but it didn't really match the theme of a "Light House", so it got changed to the blue one, it has more depth and with enhanced pillars, now I need an experienced builder like iiJam to decide this, Pictures down below of the original Holiday Resort (red one) and the revamped (blue one) I could of kept the same pattern all the way and just changed the colors of the light house but, it would of not been an exclusive and either way the blue one looks way better in my opinion.

2013-07-22_173918_6004948.jpg

DbcQOid.jpg

Tbh it looks worse now.

Unitus

Retired Staff
I don't understand why you would change it then. Tbh the revamp had added items. The OG map needs to be added back.
You want the stone one back? I was getting a lot of complains about the stone one, so I decided to make a thread, if people wanted it to be changed or not, I posted pictures showing the new spawn and people liked it, the community (on forums) at the time decided for it to change, to the blue spawn, so it will probably not get changed again, since the decision was made already

Unitus

Retired Staff
To be honest, if Zainos doesn't have a problem of changing the map again, I can make spawn look like the original red one, and just leave the things that make the map better, (bridges, underground tunnel, secret places, teleporting on top of spawn, special items etc)

Xistencee

Trusted Member
The underground tunnel looks a bit ugly. I think it also does need some detailing.

Last edited:

Unitus

Retired Staff
The underground tunnel looks a bit ugly also. I think it also does need some detailing.
I can agree on that, if you take a map, there is always places that can be improved, but then again, there is never a way to make everyone happy

Xistencee

Trusted Member
I can agree on that, if you take a map, there is always places that can be improved, but then again, there is never a way to make everyone happy

There might not be a way to make everyone happy but there is a way to improve things

Unitus

Retired Staff
There might not be a way to make everyone happy but there is a way to improve things
That's what confuses me, this is the v2 of the arena that was already in place, and still, people are not happy (not all but some) :/

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
tbh, I'm fed up. This is the FOURTH TIME I change holiday resort and I'm tired of having to add the deathmatch arena and re-setting all the spawns again in all the 12 sg servers every time someone has the "excellent" idea to revamp the arena and change ONLY THE CORNUCOPIA (I mean, seriously? If you are going to revamp an arena revamp it legit, not just the corn and other minor details like more chests). Therefore, this will be the LAST time I will change Holiday Resort but in order for me to accept it you MUST USE THIS MAP and it will be only added if it meets our qualifications and our Build Team leader iiJam gives the okay of the map.
Good luck builders

Unitus

Retired Staff
tbh, I'm fed up. This is the FOURTH TIME I change holiday resort and I'm tired of having to add the deathmatch arena and re-setting all the spawns again in all the 12 sg servers every time someone has the "excellent" idea to revamp the arena and change ONLY THE CORNUCOPIA (I mean, seriously? If you are going to revamp an arena revamp it legit, not just the corn and other minor details like more chests). Therefore, this will be the LAST time I will change Holiday Resort but in order for me to accept it you MUST USE THIS MAP and it will be only added if it meets our qualifications and our Build Team leader iiJam gives the okay of the map.
Good luck builders
oml ty, that is what I was looking for... :) Now that we have a go for this, let's make Holiday Resort how EVERYONE will like, normal spawn and fixing tunnel, guys give ideas now or silence for ever since this is the last time Holiday Resort will be changed as Zainos has said
So, any suggestions? (btw we can load this map on a server and do it there)

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
oml ty, that is what I was looking for... :) Now that we have a go for this, let's make Holiday Resort how EVERYONE will like, normal spawn and fixing tunnel, guys give ideas now or silence for ever since this is the last time Holiday Resort will be changed as Zainos has said
So, any suggestions? (btw we can load this map on a server and do it there)
Normal span and removing tunnel? Why don't we use the original Holiday Resort instead? LOL Or Holiday Resort v2

Unitus

Retired Staff
Normal span and removing tunnel? Why don't we use the original Holiday Resort instead? LOL Or Holiday Resort v2
People want the red normal spawn, the map has been made 100x better than what is what before, the tunnel will have a revamp

Unitus

Retired Staff
I think Holiday Resort v2 works fine :)
Holiday Resort v2 is just way too different and overloaded too, it's more logical to add the edit of the Holiday Resort rn (the one that is getting fixed) and if in case adding a separate map as the v2 without any changes and proper credits to the creators

_Bach_

Retired Staff
tbh, I'm fed up. This is the FOURTH TIME I change holiday resort and I'm tired of having to add the deathmatch arena and re-setting all the spawns again in all the 12 sg servers every time someone has the "excellent" idea to revamp the arena and change ONLY THE CORNUCOPIA (I mean, seriously? If you are going to revamp an arena revamp it legit, not just the corn and other minor details like more chests).

I wouldn't mind. TBH, I have liked every version have played, and I dont see a problem with ANY of them. People are getting worked up over nothing. I think it would be a better use of time to be developing maps for new gamemodes (like hitman) or making new and better maps, not tweaking an already good map. :p My two cents.

Unitus

Retired Staff
I wouldn't mind. TBH, I have liked every version have played, and I dont see a problem with ANY of them. People are getting worked up over nothing. I think it would be a better use of time to be developing maps for new gamemodes (like hitman) or making new and better maps, not tweaking an already good map. :p My two cents.
You just read my mind... I really don't understand the community anymore, such small details, and the map is automatically bad...