• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Gang Wars

What did you think of this?

• It was ok

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • It was not ok. Lol

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RK_Credius

HELLO! Welcome to GANG WARS! So since my last thread didint work out about Kit PVP, it brought life to this, gang wars!

So what the main principle of the game is that there is 8 gangs, decent sized map, territories, buisness and economy!

The 8 gangs will be Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, White and Grey.

The territories they start out with is going to be a little corner of the map , an 12 x 12 block, They own one building. The economy in the buildings will be a coal generator, iron, gold, diamond and emerald. There will be 4 levels to each generator. The only starting generator will be the coal. Every level decreases 50% waiting time and add 50% capacity.

Generators
Coal- 1 coal every 2.5 seconds, capacity 20 coal
Iron- 1 iron every 5 seconds, capacity 10 iron
Gold- 1 gold every 10 seconds, capacity 5 gold
Diamond- 1 diamond every 15 seconds, capacity 3 diamonds
Emerald- 1 emerald every 20 seconds, capacity 1 emerald

The main goal of the other gangs is to kill your Boss, which has 100 health. To gain territory, You have to buy another lane of blocks ( Ex: 10 Emeralds = size increased to 13x13 ). The more they expand, they unlock another building, which has more generators. The gangs can go around killing each other, but the only weapon they can afford is a wooden sword which costs 50 coal each, just to make the game centered around buisness and economy rather than just slaying each other the first two minutes of the game. Also, The gang has 4 sentries already near their boss, that do 3 damage to people without armor. They can upgrade the sentries (aka Skelly) 2 times, 3>6>8.

Now the items you decide to put in the game is totally up to you, so I won't price anything besides that wooden sword.

Now, where's the buisness you say? Well, at the middle of the map there will be a merchant, You can sell any of your generated goods to the merchant for money! You could also expand your land with money!

Now the average gang members would be 3 to 4.

Hope you can find more interesting ways to improve this! Because after donating 3 ideas to other forums your brain gets tired :( Happy Hunger Games!

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
This does sound like a great idea but I have a twist ...

Map
Let's say that there are 5 small islands and they are all built out of nether rack in this case (cuz I'm thinking of a nether map). their islands is only 14x14 And the thing there are around the islands is lava.

Green
Got a emerald generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the emeralds they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Blue
Got a lapis lazuli generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the lapis they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Red
Got a redstone generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the redstone dust they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Yellow
Got a gold generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the gold they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Black
Got a coal generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the coal they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Trader Villager blacksmith kinda thing!
There's also a villager where you can buy armor food and weapons for the item your generator regents

After 7 mins the islands will start to shrink

Goal?
Pretty much just read what I said above :)

This was just something I came up with when I was reading the idea. :D

RK_Credius

Ida, you have made another wonderful Gamemode and you should name it and suggest. But this changes the whole main purpose of the game. GANG WARS. Economy, Buisness like real gangs in real life. We can't have them floating, and everyone must have the same economy. The point of the game is to conquer the whole village, disposing of the gang members.

BTW. The only way to kill the boss is after killing everyone else right? Well it wouldn't be fun for players if they couldn't respawn and the boss is defenseless so obviously he's dead. PS Boss is an NPC (Villager) no player controls him. It would make more sense for players to kill the boss to disolve the gang. Think of this for a while, add a lot more to your intro and BAM new Gamemode to improve and expand the pleasure of playing on Happy Hunger Games. BTW it would be interesting because the whole team would have to work together, and maybe there's an island in the middle that players can go to with a teleport sign to trade with the blacksmith and it's a neutral zone, but you can only remain for 2 min then the sign is on a 5 min cool down. Then there's special items people can buy with their different resources, like Lapiz Team gets to enchant their block or something to fight with.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
This does sound like a great idea but I have a twist ... A HUGE twist!

Map
Let's say that there are 5 small islands and they are all built out of nether rack in this case (cuz I'm thinking of a nether map). their islands is only 14x14 And the thing there are around the islands is lava.

Green
Got a emerald generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the emeralds they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Blue
Got a lapis lazuli generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the lapis they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Red
Got a redstone generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the redstone dust they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Yellow
Got a gold generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the gold they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Black
Got a coal generator and a crafting table and they need to craft blocks with the coal they are getting to go and kill a boss BUT the boss can only be killed by killing all the players of that color the boss is in.

Trader Villager blacksmith kinda thing!
There's also a villager where you can buy armor food and weapons for the item your generator regents

After 7 mins the islands will start to shrink

Respawn? Yes indeed
the players has 3 boss lives! Lemme explain... If you die 1!time you will respawn if you die 2 times you will respawn AND if you die 3 times you will repawn but after that you are dead and can't respawn again. Btw when you die you will lose all the generator stuff but not your armor and weapons. So it's like you have to kill the players before you can kill the boss which mean you have to take 15 lifers out!

Goal?
Pretty much just read what I said above :)

This was just something I came up with when I was reading the idea. :D

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Ida, you have made another wonderful Gamemode and you should name it and suggest. But this changes the whole main purpose of the game. GANG WARS. Economy, Buisness like real gangs in real life. We can't have them floating, and everyone must have the same economy. The point of the game is to conquer the whole village, disposing of the gang members.

BTW. The only way to kill the boss is after killing everyone else right? Well it wouldn't be fun for players if they couldn't respawn and the boss is defenseless so obviously he's dead. PS Boss is an NPC (Villager) no player controls him. It would make more sense for players to kill the boss to disolve the gang. Think of this for a while, add a lot more to your intro and BAM new Gamemode to improve and expand the pleasure of playing on Happy Hunger Games. BTW it would be interesting because the whole team would have to work together, and maybe there's an island in the middle that players can go to with a teleport sign to trade with the blacksmith and it's a neutral zone, but you can only remain for 2 min then the sign is on a 5 min cool down. Then there's special items people can buy with their different resources, like Lapiz Team gets to enchant their block or something to fight with.
First I took kinda your idea kinda not and Maybe I'll make it to a thread who knows?

Oh and I did forget to mention some things so here's a more improved one ^

Majorconnor10

HHG tries not to use gamemodes that are on too many other servers. They like to be original. =)

People always get into fights on "oh its SIMILAR to blah blah blah, we cant use it," throwing all the good ideas away because it goes off topic and gets locked. If it is a complete copy, fine, don't use it. But if it is an original idea which turns out to be "similar" to other gamemodes on other servers, it doesn't mean we can't use it. Look at hitman, it is "similar" to bounty hunters on hype, (not saying they copied it from hype) very similar, but it doesn't mean we should immediately take it off of HHG. And look at the games which are COMPLETE copies, does it mean we shouldn't use those?

Back on topic: The island idea wouldn't work out with this kind of game. To make it more like real gang wars, make it like a urban city and it can be like the gangs' turfs, like in real life. Gangs usually have "turf wars" over parts in cities.

AlaskanSkies

People always get into fights on "oh its SIMILAR to blah blah blah, we cant use it," throwing all the good ideas away because it goes off topic and gets locked. If it is a complete copy, fine, don't use it. But if it is an original idea which turns out to be "similar" to other gamemodes on other servers, it doesn't mean we can't use it. Look at hitman, it is "similar" to bounty hunters on hype, (not saying they copied it from hype) very similar, but it doesn't mean we should immediately take it off of HHG. And look at the games which are COMPLETE copies, does it mean we shouldn't use those?

Back on topic: The island idea wouldn't work out with this kind of game. To make it more like real gang wars, make it like a urban city and it can be like the gangs' turfs, like in real life. Gangs usually have "turf wars" over parts in cities.
You sound really offended. I said this was a good idea, and I was just pointing out that it was similar so that we could maybe think of ways to make it more HHG-unique. I was not denying it or saying it was a bad idea. I think it's a GREAT idea, and I was only trying to improve upon it.

andrew louie

HELLO! Welcome to GANG WARS! So since my last thread didint work out about Kit PVP, it brought life to this, gang wars!

So what the main principle of the game is that there is 8 gangs, decent sized map, territories, buisness and economy!

The 8 gangs will be Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, White and Grey.

The territories they start out with is going to be a little corner of the map , an 12 x 12 block, They own one building. The economy in the buildings will be a coal generator, iron, gold, diamond and emerald. There will be 4 levels to each generator. The only starting generator will be the coal. Every level decreases 50% waiting time and add 50% capacity.

Generators
Coal- 1 coal every 2.5 seconds, capacity 20 coal
Iron- 1 iron every 5 seconds, capacity 10 iron
Gold- 1 gold every 10 seconds, capacity 5 gold
Diamond- 1 diamond every 15 seconds, capacity 3 diamonds
Emerald- 1 emerald every 20 seconds, capacity 1 emerald

The main goal of the other gangs is to kill your Boss, which has 100 health. To gain territory, You have to buy another lane of blocks ( Ex: 10 Emeralds = size increased to 13x13 ). The more they expand, they unlock another building, which has more generators. The gangs can go around killing each other, but the only weapon they can afford is a wooden sword which costs 50 coal each, just to make the game centered around buisness and economy rather than just slaying each other the first two minutes of the game. Also, The gang has 4 sentries already near their boss, that do 3 damage to people without armor. They can upgrade the sentries (aka Skelly) 2 times, 3>6>8.

Now the items you decide to put in the game is totally up to you, so I won't price anything besides that wooden sword.

Now, where's the buisness you say? Well, at the middle of the map there will be a merchant, You can sell any of your generated goods to the merchant for money! You could also expand your land with money!

Now the average gang members would be 3 to 4.

Hope you can find more interesting ways to improve this! Because after donating 3 ideas to other forums your brain gets tired :( Happy Hunger Games!
This is from Cube Craft, but I LOVE IT! Except that there should be a 10 min grace period where every builds and there should be classes.
1. Leader (Full Dia, except for chest plate) Dia sword with sharp 5.
2. Gang Follower- (Full iron, except for chat plate) Iron sword with sharp 3.
3. Builder. 7 Stacks of Stone (Iron Helmet and boots and gold pants) Stone sword with sharp 4 and tools with Efficient 3.
5 Eco builder. Has 5 Gem stones which are used to boost generators and has 3 stacks of mortar to make the building stronger and receives a stack of steak to share every 15 seconds. (Full Gold except for boots) Iron sword with sharp 1 and iron pick with efficient 2.
6. medic. Has 5 Golden apples and 2 enchanted ones. Revives 2 potions of regen and healing every 5 seconds. ( Full leather with protection 5) Iron sword with knock back 2.
7. Classic gang. Bow with punch 1 but however it can not be spammed. Wooden sword with sharp 4 and full chain except for chest plate. Also has 1 potion of healing 1.
8. Suicide. Basically a creeper except debates when ever. No aurmor, upon death launches 20 tnt and 50 bottles of blindness and mining fatigue(does not damage teammates) however, if denates before death, 5 tnt are scatter each one having an explosion of a charged creeper, attacker dies. Wooden sword with knock back 2.

ParadoxTaco

back to the amount of players. it should be a larger number with few teams, mabye 2-3
also about 30 people so 10 or 15 per team. also make so a player by themselfs is weak with a wood sword and mabye bits of armor. That way it takes a group to be powerful. so when groups meet its a gang war.

RK_Credius

This is from Cube Craft, but I LOVE IT! Except that there should be a 10 min grace period where every builds and there should be classes.
1. Leader (Full Dia, except for chest plate) Dia sword with sharp 5.
2. Gang Follower- (Full iron, except for chat plate) Iron sword with sharp 3.
3. Builder. 7 Stacks of Stone (Iron Helmet and boots and gold pants) Stone sword with sharp 4 and tools with Efficient 3.
5 Eco builder. Has 5 Gem stones which are used to boost generators and has 3 stacks of mortar to make the building stronger and receives a stack of steak to share every 15 seconds. (Full Gold except for boots) Iron sword with sharp 1 and iron pick with efficient 2.
6. medic. Has 5 Golden apples and 2 enchanted ones. Revives 2 potions of regen and healing every 5 seconds. ( Full leather with protection 5) Iron sword with knock back 2.
7. Classic gang. Bow with punch 1 but however it can not be spammed. Wooden sword with sharp 4 and full chain except for chest plate. Also has 1 potion of healing 1.
8. Suicide. Basically a creeper except debates when ever. No aurmor, upon death launches 20 tnt and 50 bottles of blindness and mining fatigue(does not damage teammates) however, if denates before death, 5 tnt are scatter each one having an explosion of a charged creeper, attacker dies. Wooden sword with knock back 2.

Andrew. The point of the game is that it lasts long. Not full fledged warriors murdering each other in seconds. Everything ranging from armor to food will not be cheap. This is to ensure that 1 game lasts longer, 2 players take a lot longer to kill. The leader is an NPC, not a player like I have stated. BLOCKS will be cheap for glass and stuff, but for sandstone the price will be much higher to players won't just spam blocks and people can't get through. There will be only wooden, stone and iron pics. No obsidian in game. This allows for players to be relentless while spawning and attacking. There will be no ranks in the game, only members of the gang and the NPC leader. Also yes, it is similar to egg wars, but it is not in the sky so ppl don't get insta killed and it actually takes hits to kill the leader.

ParadoxTaco

Hey RK_Credius, would you mind if i revamped your idea and posted a thread? i have a few ideas that could enprove it but will still follow along the guide lines of your original idea.

Xist_

Maybe change the name cos' you know you're influencing being in gangs a bit. But Still good Idea!

RK_Credius

Hey RK_Credius, would you mind if i revamped your idea and posted a thread? i have a few ideas that could enprove it but will still follow along the guide lines of your original idea.

Sure, anything to help this community thrive. You could also just tell me and i edit it if the ideas seemed balanced enough.

Just remember if your reposting,

Stay humble ;)

Cptcreeper64!

Trusted Member
So you can gang bang in this game mode? Yes!!!!! We need this.

I think you should maybe add a police team. (Instead of blue team, it could be called the police) They would be different as in this team can't be taken over as the gangs would be. Or if you don't like that idea then instead of the. Gang boss, use the sherif.