• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Fish Survival?

What do you Think?

• Its A Must!

• Yeah!

• I wouldn't play it but it could still be added.

• Give more information please?

• Needs alot more Information.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ParadoxTaco

Gamemode Name: Fish Survival? (honestly i could not think of a better name for this so if you come up with one that would be great)
Gamemode Description: Take a seat and relax while you fish to your hearts content

Gamemode: This is not a mini game type gamemode but more of a skyblock where you play it every now and then. In this game you become a fisher(man,woman,fish?) and live out your life fishing. At the begin of the game you would start of with a old fishing rod. Certain Rods would have different chances of the fish they caught. With this rod you can only fish in the pond. You then have to catch fish in the pond until you get enough money to buy better fishing rods. The regular Fishing rod allows you to move up to the lake. Certain rod can catch special fish. once you get to the advanced rod and above you can move onto the ocean. The spawn island would contain 2 ponds and a lake.

Old Rod: This is the start rod and can be used in the pond
Rod: rod can be bought at the fishing shop in town and can be used to fish in the lake
Metal Rod:A strong Sturdy rod that increase your chance of catch bigger and better fish that can be used in lake
Advanced Rod: Can be Bought In the Fish shop and allows fishing in the ocean
Expert Rod: This amazing Rod is double the Advanced rod, including its price
Deep diver Rod: This Rod is so strong that it could reel in a shark! That is.... it has a 25% chance of succeeding
Auto Fisher: This rod is the advanced rod but it instantly fishes. Any fish caught by this is sold instantly and is gained once you join. (max 1)

More Rods
Boats!: Raft,Yacht,Trawler,Fishing Boat,Submarine?,Speed Boat. Each boat would allow you to go a certain distance into the ocean and allow you to catch bigger and mabye rare fish. you would have an option menu in your inventory that when click one of the options would be to go boating. you would then select your boat and it would teleport you onto your boat, which would be in the middle of a large ocean
Scuba diving: You can explore the oceons depths and Search for buried treasure and sunken ships.

Treasure: Gold,Jewels,Metals,A fishing Rod? when fishing you have a chance to come upon a certain containers, barrels, crates, Chests, Legendary Chests, that contain loot. A fishing rod might even be found in one.
Fish: Tons of fish. You could add all the regular minecraft fish and mabye trout, shark, rainbow fish? (only caught with rainbow rod?), and tons more!
Other Fishing Methods: Lobster Traps, Fishing Nets, Spears (hunt in streams?)
More Islands: Once you obtain a good enough boat you will be able to travel to diffrent islands. These islands may have unique fish,fishing rods, boats, prices (selling/Buying) and unique Treasure!
Custom Texture Pack: A custom Texture pack could be made to make diffrent rods and fish, and even loot! But Rods could simply just be called a Metal Rod which would work fine!
Anyone Wanna recommend anything or agree/disagree with the idea? fell free to down Below. but also remember #FactionsFirst

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Well fishing is probably one of the most boring things to do in minecraft. And I know it would be custom fishing. But still. Idk

ParadoxTaco

Well fishing is probably one of the most boring things to do in minecraft. And I know it would be custom fishing. But still. Idk
that is true but it more of the fact of just fishing. thats why there would be a ton of other things to to but look at skyblock. Building a massive island just because. that can also get boring but if theres an end goal people still play it

ParadoxTaco

I suppose. Yeah :)
This would be done after factions OFC but i would honestly play this. its a game thats easy to get started but takes a long time to finish. The starting rod would be super cheap but the prices would increase and you really need to have a strategy of where to fish and day/night cycle might even affect the amount of fish and diffrent types of fish

AlaskanSkies

I think this would be pretty cool! I honestly think a texture pack shouldn't be included, though, because it would be neat to use items and things that already exist to create the gamemode.

ParadoxTaco

I think this would be pretty cool! I honestly think a texture pack shouldn't be included, though, because it would be neat to use items and things that already exist to create the gamemode.
true. it would just be very annoying try to add special fish like shark but we could make it work! :D

ParadoxTaco

wait also should the start island have like a city on in and then other islands be tropical or all city or all tropic?

Xistencee

Trusted Member
I mean like Jam said, fishing in minecraft is really boring no matter what type of fishing it is so you have to think about whether this gamemode on HHGN would be used or would it just be like KOTL and have hardly no players? Think about the community and whether it would increase the player base or enjoyment on HHGN.

ParadoxTaco

I mean like Jam said, fishing in minecraft is really boring no matter what type of fishing it is so you have to think about whether this gamemode on HHGN would be used or would it just be like KOTL and have hardly no players? Think about the community and whether it would increase the player base or enjoyment on HHGN.
once again as i said to jams, there would be other thing to do in this gamemode and adding a leader board would make people wanna compete and be the best. Also if there is a goal then people wanna get that goal. This is the type of gamemode that is beaten over a LONG period of time. Skyblocks can get boring but people still play it and its really slow starting out but then theres tons to do! You could even add achievements so people try to get them all. You could meet a pirate ship while out at sea! Catch a zombie while fishing and have to beat him away with your rainbow fishing rod! There tons to do!

ParadoxTaco

Also KOTL is a very small game and does not have much content. If it was turned into a minigame where you had 30 minutes and the person who is on the top when the time ends wins? It might gain a large player base.

MajorlyHacking

Great idea! I would definitely play this game if it gets added, it sounds fun and I don't think it would get boring for a while. Although, I think it would take a while to play the whole game.

ParadoxTaco

Great idea! I would definitely play this game if it gets added, it sounds fun and I don't think it would get boring for a while. Although, I think it would take a while to play the whole game.
thats the whole point :D This is a game similar to skyblocks as in you cant beat skyblocks in a day. Its one of those games that you can play during your spare time. Also what i have posted in this thread is only the base of the game. Tons more of content could be added.

AlaskanSkies

I think this could be a really cool gamemode... I myself am a big fan of upgrading games, so this sounds interesting.

ParadoxTaco

If you really wanted this to become an upgrading game you could buy a island that allows you too hire people (npc) to fish for you but that would be a bit much. I think that if the things from the original threads where kept then this could be a great game mode.

ParadoxTaco

If anyone wants to give any ideas of how this could become more organized feel free. i think this could become a great gamemode if enough effort was put into it.

Tuut

Trusted Member
What if this gamemode was in a 500x500 world or something all ocean. And different parts of the world have different fish. And there can be a huge market where u trade fish for blocks, other items etc.

ParadoxTaco

What if there was a guardian boss :eek:
That is honestly i great idea.
What if this gamemode was in a 500x500 world or something all ocean. And different parts of the world have different fish. And there can be a huge market where u trade fish for blocks, other items etc.
That sounds awesome. Also what if you start in like the east ocean and can buy maps to the north,south,and west oceans. Some where you might find a nether portal and mabye a end portal.

ParadoxTaco

Also i said awhile ago that you can buy boats. But what if some boats could only be built by buying part from the market