• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Farming to win

Fu3rza

Ok i've sort of had it with all these farms and people using their alts to kill and gain more exp and coins, the farming gets out of hand quickly. As some might know someone (won't name) abused their farming and got all the way to (x) place and it just annoyed me knowing that someone would do that. think about it, you worked everyday to get alot of exp, no alt farming or bonus exp. Then someone randomly just farms all the way to where you are at and passes you, I just feel like that isn't right. PvP isn't what it used to be in people way, nobody was farming at all and more people were down at the arena, now its just like 10 people down and sometimes some are farming :/

what i wanna suggest is maybe deducting some exp from the person farming like, as a warning deduct (x) amount of exp and if they do it again deduct more bc they didn't listen, and then it keeps on going, maybe deduct a few coins if needed

ImTea

Retired Staff
Check if two accounts on the same ip. If so, reduced xp gain on kill. Repeating kills within a certain time frame (ex. 5 minutes with 20 kills) means no xp or money is given. The time frame and kill amount should be kept secret so no one can get timers going.

ImTea

Retired Staff
Just make farming bannable. Someone could easily use a VPN or get a friend to help them farm.
The problem with this is in kit pvp the term "farming" has such a blurred line as to what is just pvp, what is targetting (another thing people complain about), and full out farming. Unless it is super obvious farming, meaning they hide in the corner of the map, then it is hard to tell if they've just killed the person multiple times. You can't make farming against the rules easily, same as targeting.

Zinex

The problem with this is in kit pvp the term "farming" has such a blurred line as to what is just pvp, what is targetting (another thing people complain about), and full out farming. Unless it is super obvious farming, meaning they hide in the corner of the map, then it is hard to tell if they've just killed the person multiple times. You can't make farming against the rules easily, same as targeting.
Yes you can. Many servers have done it and it works.

Zinex

Well I thought it was extremely obvious that when something is not allowed- less people do it... And even if some people would still farm regardless, they might get caught and punished for their actions, reducing the amount of farmers.

ImTea

Retired Staff
Well I thought it was extremely obvious that when something is not allowed- less people do it... And even if some people would still farm regardless, they might get caught and punished for their actions, reducing the amount of farmers.
Yeah it will stop obvious farming and just make people more sneaky.

Fu3rza

Yeah it will stop obvious farming and just make people more sneaky.
its not really hard to find out farming, the amount of people on pvp is less than before, so say you only see 5 people on the map and someone gets a 100 ks or something then you know that person is farming

ImTea

Retired Staff
its not really hard to find out farming, the amount of people on pvp is less than before, so say you only see 5 people on the map and someone gets a 100 ks or something then you know that person is farming
So if some one logs on then that had a high kills streak and then gets a few more kills to get 100 then they must be farming right? :/

Zinex

So if some one logs on then that had a high kills streak and then gets a few more kills to get 100 then they must be farming right? :/
If you're in the ffa, and you see someone getting high kill streaks on chat but there is no sign of him fighting in the ffa arena- he's farming 100%.

To make sure you can look up on a high tree or something and check to see if someone is killing someone who doesn't have armor over and over again- and if you really can't find him in the entire map, he's probably in the 1v1 arena's. In that case, you'll probably ask a staff member to check on him or something.

ImTea

Retired Staff
If you're in the ffa, and you see someone getting high kill streaks on chat but there is no sign of him fighting in the ffa arena- he's farming 100%.

To make sure you can look up on a high tree or something and check to see if someone is killing someone who doesn't have armor over and over again- and if you really can't find him in the entire map, he's probably in the 1v1 arena's. In that case, you'll probably ask a staff member to check on him or something.
I still don't think that making farming against the rules is a good thing. What wold the pubishments be? We have so little staff as is I think it would be a waste of time and resources. Maybe if we get more staff it could be beneficial.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Even though in most of the cases it's way easier to get coins and exp by just playing ffa and killing players, I must admit that lately there have been several reports of some players getting huge amounts of coins and exp by farming kills, which kinda ruins the purpose of kit pvp. Therefore, even though making farming banneable is not a viable option due to the huge amount of false positives it could generate, from now on the activity of farming kills in Kit PvP is not allowed (Rules have been updated) and I'll make an automatic system to detect farmers and stop them, and consider resetting completely the kit pvp stats of the players who attempt to bypass the system, with no exceptions. Hope this balances out stuff a little bit...

Chickenrage249

Even though in most of the cases it's way easier to get coins and exp by just playing ffa and killing players, I must admit that lately there have been several reports of some players getting huge amounts of coins and exp by farming kills, which kinda ruins the purpose of kit pvp. Therefore, even though making farming banneable is not a viable option due to the huge amount of false positives it could generate, from now on the activity of farming kills in Kit PvP is not allowed (Rules have been updated) and I'll make an automatic system to detect farmers and stop them, and consider resetting completely the kit pvp stats of the players who attempt to bypass the system, with no exceptions. Hope this balances out stuff a little bit...
When you say resetting the stats, does that mean everyone in HHGN will get their stats removed, or is it just for the people who get caught farming? Sorry, I just don't understand it a bit...

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
When you say resetting the stats, does that mean everyone in HHGN will get their stats removed, or is it just for the people who get caught farming? Sorry, I just don't understand it a bit...
just for the people who get caught farming

_Bach_

Retired Staff
In many cases, losing stats can be even more punishing as even a perm ban can typically be paid out of through an unban fee. If they had 10,000 some odd kills they had farmed, thats a lot of time that is forever wasted and lost.

Last edited: