• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Dodgeball

Thoughts on suggestion:

• Good Idea!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Bad Idea!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Decent Idea but needs some work.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Horrible Idea, never wanna see it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kruw

Hello,

Thread Info:
I see you have stumbled across my game suggestion. Today, (or whenever you're reading this) I would like to share my idea of new game-mode called "Dodge-Ball" or at least something relevant to that name. As much as I doubt it, if there was a similar thread made before like this, please let me know as I don't want to look like a copycat, but besides that I'll give a summary of How it works, Achievements, Kits/Perks and Why it'll be a good game. Feel free to leave any opinions or thoughts on the thread below, I'll be glad to take constructive criticism and of course any positive feedback by doing so through a comment or rating. Anyways, enough talking and more detailing!

How it works:
The concept of the game is of course, similar to the game of dodge-ball. But instead of a "one-hit" and you're out of the game concept. You're using fire charges that deal 3-4 hearts at a time until you kill an opponent. At the start of the game, a player will receive 5 fire charges that they can throw at players after a 10 second grace period so players can prepare for the game. Each time you hit a player, you receive a fire charge after a 5 second delay so you don't end up rapid firing the charges, making it unfair for the other player. If you kill a player (other words: eliminate) you receive two charges after a 3 second delay. There will be two types of dodge-ball you can play. Regular teams, which has 5 players for each team and consists of a best out of three tournaments. Then there's mega dodge-ball, each team has 10 players and there's only one round of elimination instead of the regular 3.

Achievements:

Damage Dealer: Deal over 100 hearts of damage. (Easy)

Keep on Dodging: Win 25 games on regular dodgeball or mega dodge-ball. (Medium)

Sniper: Deal over 15 hearts of damage in a single match. (Easy)

Dodge-Ball Magnet: Receive over 150 hearts of damage. (Easy)

Dodge Streak: Have a winning streak of 10 games or more. (Hard)

Throwing Master: Deal over 500 hearts of damage. (Medium)

"Cant Touch This": Win 100 games on regular dodge-ball or mega-ball. (Hard)

Ninja: Not take any damage a full game (Hardest Achievement)

Nail Bitter: Win 15 games where it's a 1v1 situation in a mega dodge-ball match. (Hard)

Rampage: Eliminate 10+ players in a singular mega dodge-ball match. (2nd hardest achievement)

Kits and Perks:

Note: All these kits apply to both mega and regular dodgeball.

Default Kit: The normal default delays of charges.

Ninja Kit: When killing a player, they receive 1 charge in 1 second instead of 2 in 3 seconds. When hitting a player they receive speed for 3 seconds and have the normal charge delay when hitting someone.

Canon Kit: All the normal charge delays but receives a special ball that they only get once per match that instead of directly hitting someone it gives off a 4 block damage radius and does only 1-2 hearts of damage.

Tank Kit: Receives only 3 charges at the start of the game and each delay is 6 seconds rather than 3 and 5 second delay. But the Tank deals up to 5-6 hearts of damage, the Tank also will receive 5 seconds of slowness if they kill someone.

Teleport Kit: Normal charge delay but receives an ender pearl after every kill they get with a 3 second delay receiving the pearl.

Last Man Standing Perk: (Mega) If it's up to two players in the end, a player with this perk will receive it when the game identifies two players left. This perk will give the person speed for the first 10 seconds of the 1v1.

More Time Perk: (Both Modes) The regular 10 seconds period is now 15 seconds for this player, but they cannot throw the ball at a player nor can they be hit.

Two Birds One Stone: (Mega) If close enough, hitting a player will also give 0.5-1 hearts of damage to the nearest player.

One Last Chance Perk: (Regular) If a player is in the 3rd round of the game, they will receive re-gen 2 for the first 10 seconds of the third round.

Medic Perk: (Regular) If you kill more than 5 players in a single game of regular dodgeball, during the third round by clicking the apple it'll give each player on your team an extra heart, if they have full health, they'll receive any extra heart like if they ate a golden apple.

Why it'll be a good game:

It'll be a good game because it adds a fun and friendly game to the Happy Hunger Games Network and especially in the regular game mode the intensity rises as you enter into the 3rd round. I think players would enjoy having this game-mode considering it's got some of the same characteristics as another game on a popular server that they may have played but still has a unique concept that is related to dodgeball. I think it would be a good game because it'd be one of the only skilled aim games on the Happy Hunger Games Network.

Hopefully, a staff member of the Happy Hunger Games Network could consider this to a game manager (or what their title is called) and maybe see if this game-mode could work. Besides that, thanks for taking your time to read my idea.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Staff will look when they have time. No meed to tag them.

It seems well thought out, but i dont think it would be popular in the community.

Similar to the way hitman is well thought out and really fun; it just isnt popular

Socializing

I feel this should become a gamemode. It sounds very fun, and I feel it won't be an ignored gamemode if it does become one for a long time. Very good idea.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I really like this idea and the well-thought kits and achievements behind it. Hope to see it on the Server someday! Well done. =)

IkiTown

Retired Staff
Nice idea, it may be a little hard to get it working, but ill make sure to send this in the chat!

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Would be a cool addition to Arcade that's coming in 2017. Only question is how much of it can be coded xD.
+1 from the mod