• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Disappointed.

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
if this starts a war im editing this post so please i dont wanna deal with arguments.

first off, i can never join this server without getting "ew" or something related, its kind of annoying. we need more staff (which its nobodies fault) that we have few staff members, most are barely on. we need more gamemodes and factions needs to come out soon because people are complaining about it. also most of us know people cuss with underscores which should be fixed to where they cant say a cuss word even if its joined with a word or an underscore, number or anything else. this server have changed so much from good to bad. this is what happened to the popularity of hhg. someone plants a plant (zainos creates hhg) he waters the plant (adding gamemodes) the plant grows (more people join) the plant grows so much (more and more people) now this year of 2017 he hasnt been on much (i personally dont care why he is a busy guy) so that means he hasnt watered the plant (people start leaving because there is no new gamemodes and other stuff) the plant hasnt been watered for a while (its almost dead) and thats where its at now. its probably impossible to get a family friendly server anymore knowing how spoiled people are. i just want the hate to stop and gain more people to come to hhg, i dont blame zainos or anyone else for this. the most salty community is probably parkour or pvp, mostly pvp. 2/4 players on hhg pvp are like "1v1 me kid", "LOL REKT" "11 year old noob lol lMAO" or "get good". same goes to parkour, people are spamming "NO", "*cuss words* (im not going to cuss because i dislike it now)" and people arguing about the dumbest things you can imagine. now about creative, ive seen a lot of people rage at other players for not getting roles in roleplays or raging because they lost at skin comps, which is pretty childish. other gamemodes likes sg and mobarena are chill but need updated more (even though they have been a few months ago? i think). now for the chat restrictions, there is some words that shouldn't even be blocked, the only reason its blocked because people use them as insults, and now i bet you those people complain about it being blocked, well its not our faults, its yours. I also thing kms and suicide should be blocked too. Not cause kms is annoying, people are always like "omg im gonna kms bye", for suicide, ive seen someone say "you should commit suicide". I know you guys are gonna say "then report them" well some people dont have forums accounts and cant make them too. The only rule i dislike is you can get muted for talking with all caps. I dont know what is so bad about it, besides people being like "YOU SUCK!". i do not hate anyone on hhg, i just am disappointed in most of them. So please make this server better. Oh one last thing, the reason most people quit is how rude this server is to fellow players. Im pretty disappointed in this server, i do not hate this server, i am disappointed in it. So please do whatever you can to make it better~~~

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
if this starts a war im editing this post so please i dont wanna deal with arguments.

first off, i can never join this server without getting "ew" or something related, its kind of annoying. we need more staff (which its nobodies fault) that we have few staff members, most are barely on. we need more gamemodes and factions needs to come out soon because people are complaining about it. also most of us know people cuss with underscores which should be fixed to where they cant say a cuss word even if its joined with a word or an underscore, number or anything else. this server have changed so much from good to bad. this is what happened to the popularity of hhg. someone plants a plant (zainos creates hhg) he waters the plant (adding gamemodes) the plant grows (more people join) the plant grows so much (more and more people) now this year of 2017 he hasnt been on much (i personally dont care why he is a busy guy) so that means he hasnt watered the plant (people start leaving because there is no new gamemodes and other stuff) the plant hasnt been watered for a while (its almost dead) and thats where its at now. its probably impossible to get a family friendly server anymore knowing how spoiled people are. i just want the hate to stop and gain more people to come to hhg, i dont blame zainos or anyone else for this. the most salty community is probably parkour or pvp, mostly pvp. 2/4 players on hhg pvp are like "1v1 me kid", "LOL REKT" "11 year old noob lol lMAO" or "get good". same goes to parkour, people are spamming "NO", "*cuss words* (im not going to cuss because i dislike it now)" and people arguing about the dumbest things you can imagine. now about creative, ive seen a lot of people rage at other players for not getting roles in roleplays or raging because they lost at skin comps, which is pretty childish. other gamemodes likes sg and mobarena are chill but need updated more (even though they have been a few months ago? i think). now for the chat restrictions, there is some words that shouldn't even be blocked, the only reason its blocked because people use them as insults, and now i bet you those people complain about it being blocked, well its not our faults, its yours. I also thing kms and suicide should be blocked too. Not cause kms is annoying, people are always like "omg im gonna kms bye", for suicide, ive seen someone say "you should commit suicide". I know you guys are gonna say "then report them" well some people dont have forums accounts and cant make them too. The only rule i dislike is you can get muted for talking with all caps. I dont know what is so bad about it, besides people being like "YOU SUCK!". i do not hate anyone on hhg, i just am disappointed in most of them. So please make this server better. Oh one last thing, the reason most people quit is how rude this server is to fellow players. Im pretty disappointed in this server, i do not hate this server, i am disappointed in it. So please do whatever you can to make it better~~~
This is all part of the reason why I barely ever come on HHG now, it's just gone dry and boring. That is partly because I'm finding MC boring now, but this server is particularly boring to me now, and I don't want to say that at all.

Last edited:

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

I can especially agree to your plant comparison, hopefully people will do their parts to get the server better again.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
You can't stop people from being people a post like this isn't gonna stop people from being rude and ignorant. And plus i agree we need more staff but you can't just accept an application when your desperate you actually have to look thought the person or things are just gonna get worse. (sry for sayingg gonna so much lolwhat) But i agree with basically ur whole statement ;)

pofoproud

Trusted Member
hopefully people will do their parts to get the server better again.
the people that make the server worse either :
- Are friends with staff so they don't really get in trouble (pls no war again)
- Or leave the server permanently after they get muted for 10 minutes

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
- Are friends with staff so they don't really get in trouble (pls no war again)
Trust me, if you see this please report to Zainos with proof via PM here on the forums as that is definitely not allowed.

Anyway I'll be honest, I'm just bored of HHGN in general, I find not much to do on there. During the summer holidays I'll probably be a lot more active on there, but well, all things do come to and end some day. I'm not saying HHGN is going to end soon, I hope it doesn't, HHGN is an awesome server that I think is well underestimated sometimes, but with Zainos and him being busy in his personal life a lot, and with most people a lot is going on at the moment, hopefully when there is a chance of a break then it'll become great again. People from 2015 and some 2016 era and further back will know HHGN did have a lot of players and was a lot more popular, but yea I think we all get what I am saying by now.

And about the caps restriction, it's mainly to stop excessive chat flooding with caps. I usually warn players for caps if they use it well, a lot. It's really just common sense when it comes to seeing if they are purposfully abusing caps or not.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Well I have no idea how the server is like now, but I think it'd be great if there were a few co-owners that are really into Minecraft and aren't busy with school, that can spend a few hours on the server every day (like I used to, it's totally possible even with school). To continue Duke's plant theory, when a plant is dying it takes quite a while to bring it back to life even if you water it every day, so with dedicated co-owners and more staff, the server will slowly come back to life and will grow larger than ever. That is if you don't forget about advertising/promoting, it's more important than anything (it's not just getting ranked up on server lists, it's so complicated). The server itself is great, the only thing it needs now is more good people.

Also you shouldn't be banned for something you didn't do even if the owner gets extremely mad and yells at you without even checking chat history, world backups or last logins (Zainos if you're reading this, I'm sorry but I really miss hhg, you and I both know that I have nothing to do with the first reason, that is if you actually checked..)

Fu3rza

Well I have no idea how the server is like now, but I think it'd be great if there were a few co-owners that are really into Minecraft and aren't busy with school, that can spend a few hours on the server every day (like I used to, it's totally possible even with school). To continue Duke's plant theory, when a plant is dying it takes quite a while to bring it back to life even if you water it every day, so with dedicated co-owners and more staff, the server will slowly come back to life and will grow larger than ever. That is if you don't forget about advertising/promoting, it's more important than anything (it's not just getting ranked up on server lists, it's so complicated). The server itself is great, the only thing it needs now is more good people.

You can't just get new staff out of nowhere, there is reason why they have that rule that about the 1 month and then the ranks. You really can't find anyone INTO minecraft nowadays, its pretty much dying , like the server is, for multiple reasons too, gamemodes, players, staff, all kinds of things. The server can't actually grow with the way it is now, toxicity in some parts of the servers, sure you can do something about it but it's gonna be there forever, nothing to do about it. Advertising won't very much help considering how the server is seen in this state.

Also you shouldn't be banned for something you didn't do even if the owner gets extremely mad and yells at you without even checking chat history, world backups or last logins (Zainos if you're reading this, I'm sorry but I really miss hhg, you and I both know that I have nothing to do with the first reason, that is if you actually checked..)

crybabyduke

Trusted Member

Advertising can bring in more toxic people tbh :/

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Advertising can bring in more toxic people tbh :/
Let me explain, if there was absolutely no advertising, hhg would have no players right now, by advertising/promoting, I meant in every aspect, even telling your friend about the server. Zainos is already doing it, I just don't think it's enough, because all I see is us voting for the server on 3 websites, a very inactive Facebook and Twitter page, and a few YouTube videos. If the server wants to grow it's gonna need a lot more than that, and there are so many other ways. But obviously everything needs to start with a good leader (that actually have time like I said), or a few, so more work can be put into everything.

Here's an example, well, an idea of mine, there could be an advertising group, just like staff and builders, those people can run a very active Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account, and they're gonna be active on other Minecraft related pages/profiles. They can do giveaways, lucky draws, and all that stuff. Also, do polls, find out what people like, and everyone that votes can get a tiny prize on the server. Also, make a YouTube channel for hhg, they're gonna watch every video by the YouTube Creator Academy, learn how to run a YouTube channel successfully, it takes a lot of work but it's really worth it(I have so many ideas for the channel). Those are all the free ways I can think of for now, so moving onto advertisements, start with Google AdWords, make a short ad of the best things on hhg, also, find a good editor, that's very important, make the ad look professional, and put them on Minecraft channels, I myself have never seen a Minecraft server ad, so if you see an ad about a server on a huge Minecraft channel, you'd wanna check it out. And the ad needs to be good though, like, real good.

And I think it's really important that the advertisers stay anonymous, only the owner/co-owners know them, no one else does, and they're gonna play on the server like normal players, have normal ranks, make friends, have fun, but have access to the official hhg accounts, and actually put a lot of effort into them.

Now, I'm not trying to say anything about Zainos, I'm just saying, this is my idea, it's what I would do if I owned a server. We all know that Zainos doesn't have time, and that's understandable. So like I said, I think we need some dedicated and active Co-Owners.

Also just saying, I don't want to be a part of this, I don't wanna actually do anything, I don't even belong here, it's just an idea that I have. And I would love to give more ideas if needed.

Fu3rza

Let me explain, if there was absolutely no advertising, hhg would have no players right now, by advertising/promoting, I meant in every aspect, even telling your friend about the server. Zainos is already doing it, I just don't think it's enough, because all I see is us voting for the server on 3 websites, a very inactive Facebook and Twitter page, and a few YouTube videos. If the server wants to grow it's gonna need a lot more than that, and there are so many other ways. But obviously everything needs to start with a good leader (that actually have time like I said), or a few, so more work can be put into everything.

Here's an example, well, an idea of mine, there could be an advertising group, just like staff and builders, those people can run a very active Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account, and they're gonna be active on other Minecraft related pages/profiles. They can do giveaways, lucky draws, and all that stuff. Also, do polls, find out what people like, and everyone that votes can get a tiny prize on the server. Also, make a YouTube channel for hhg, they're gonna watch every video by the YouTube Creator Academy, learn how to run a YouTube channel successfully, it takes a lot of work but it's really worth it(I have so many ideas for the channel). Those are all the free ways I can think of for now, so moving onto advertisements, start with Google AdWords, make a short ad of the best things on hhg, also, find a good editor, that's very important, make the ad look professional, and put them on Minecraft channels, I myself have never seen a Minecraft server ad, so if you see an ad about a server on a huge Minecraft channel, you'd wanna check it out. And the ad needs to be good though, like, real good.

And I think it's really important that the advertisers stay anonymous, only the owner/co-owners know them, no one else does, and they're gonna play on the server like normal players, have normal ranks, make friends, have fun, but have access to the official hhg accounts, and actually put a lot of effort into them.

Now, I'm not trying to say anything about Zainos, I'm just saying, this is my idea, it's what I would do if I owned a server. We all know that Zainos doesn't have time, and that's understandable. So like I said, I think we need some dedicated and active Co-Owners.

Also just saying, I don't want to be a part of this, I don't wanna actually do anything, I don't even belong here, it's just an idea that I have. And I would love to give more ideas if needed.
you do realize, all they ever do for YT is bring in 1.7 uhc people in. Think about it what do you usually think of mc when advertising nowdays, you think of PVP. In my opinion there isn't much you can do to advertise this server in the way it is and how mc has been for a while. The Factions gamemode has been an exciting part but hasn't been added yet which has made some people leave. Also for the advertising, there's so much an advertiser can do before the server advertising gets annoying then no one wants to come to the server

Zelistra

Trusted Member
you do realize, all they ever do for YT is bring in 1.7 uhc people in. Think about it what do you usually think of mc when advertising nowdays, you think of PVP. In my opinion there isn't much you can do to advertise this server in the way it is and how mc has been for a while. The Factions gamemode has been an exciting part but hasn't been added yet which has made some people leave. Also for the advertising, there's so much an advertiser can do before the server advertising gets annoying then no one wants to come to the server
Like I said, I have no idea how the server is like now, in fact, I haven't touched Minecraft in a few months now. I'm pretty sure you still don't get what type of advertising I'm talking about, but ok. Also not everyone plays pvp, just saying. It's the gamemode that most of my Skyblock friends never played

Fu3rza

Like I said, I have no idea how the server is like now, in fact, I haven't touched Minecraft in a few months now. I'm pretty sure you still don't get what type of advertising I'm talking about, but ok. Also not everyone plays pvp, just saying. It's the gamemode that most of my Skyblock friends never played
that may be true but what category is the one that isn't finished? Ahem Factions, which is a team kind of pvp, i guess i don't know what kind of advertising you're talking about

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Trust me, if you see this please report to Zainos with proof via PM here on the forums as that is definitely not allowed.

Anyway I'll be honest, I'm just bored of HHGN in general, I find not much to do on there. During the summer holidays I'll probably be a lot more active on there, but well, all things do come to and end some day. I'm not saying HHGN is going to end soon, I hope it doesn't, HHGN is an awesome server that I think is well underestimated sometimes, but with Zainos and him being busy in his personal life a lot, and with most people a lot is going on at the moment, hopefully when there is a chance of a break then it'll become great again. People from 2015 and some 2016 era and further back will know HHGN did have a lot of players and was a lot more popular, but yea I think we all get what I am saying by now.

And about the caps restriction, it's mainly to stop excessive chat flooding with caps. I usually warn players for caps if they use it well, a lot. It's really just common sense when it comes to seeing if they are purposfully abusing caps or not.

I agree with both of you. Back when I first joined everything was amazing. I always wanted to be on. All the games odes where fun. I made friends. And there where about 100 players on no matter what. It's all just gotten boring. No ones on. All the servers are dead, everyone's toxic. And it's not zanios fault. I just think MC is dying in general. But I still love it. It was still amazing. And I'm glad I made all the memories I did.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
What I think would bring HHGN back, is being able to get HHGN tokens in most gamemodes. Rewards can encourage players to continue playing and to complete a task and gain every reward possible and I'm talking about implementing HHGN tokens to pretty much most gamemodes. Such as winning in SG or coming within 1st, 2nd or 3rd you could get a set amount of tokens, or as discussed within another thread about SG, have a monthly leaderboard. In Parkour, for non-checkpoint parkour's you could receive HHGN tokens for completing one of them. Not only again would this keep playing to continue playing parkour but it would probably make them continue to get better and better. Same goes for PvP and getting kills, you could get HHGN tokens from that and from killstreaks.

Right now you can get 500+ rewards with HHGN tokens from the treasure hunter or use HHGN tokens separately if you view the customization menu and there's also SB Treasure Hunter edition. Of course the HHGN tokens you could receive in game would probably not be a whole lot, but yea.

I'm sure you have an idea of what I am thinking, but I think this would make players stay and new ones join.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
that may be true but what category is the one that isn't finished? Ahem Factions, which is a team kind of pvp, i guess i don't know what kind of advertising you're talking about
Sorry but I'm pretty confused by you, considering I've never really played any sort of pvp besides bridges and skywars. If I try a bit harder to explain, it'll be taking advertising to the next level, like, don't ever repeat the same post, be creative, answer questions, make things fun, make up games, quizzes, polls, just keep it fun, and no I'm not gonna put any details because I'm really not a creative person, but I hope you get the point.

Fu3rza

Sorry but I'm pretty confused by you, considering I've never really played any sort of pvp besides bridges and skywars. If I try a bit harder to explain, it'll be taking advertising to the next level, like, don't ever repeat the same post, be creative, answer questions, make things fun, make up games, quizzes, polls, just keep it fun, and no I'm not gonna put any details because I'm really not a creative person, but I hope you get the point.
Factions from what I've seen is mainly getting a team and pretty much raiding bases and with pvp pretty much. Advertising the way you described doesn't seem too bad.