• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Capture The Flag

What do ya think?

• Add it... add it now.

• Pretty decent

• um, okayest gamemode ever?

• TRASH! SO BAD!

• Dont wanna vote...

Results are only viewable after voting.

ParadoxTaco

Thats right! another gamemode suggestion! bet you guys are so ready for another one! yup...
As always though, #FactionsFirst And such.

Hello everyone, today, I bring you another gamemode. Capture the Flag! But its already on other servers right? 1. that does not matter seeing as its not a unique gamemode
2. I have added a unique twist to it. Like... kits and stuff... xD
anyways! begin!
Gamemode name: Capture The Flag
Gamemode Desc: Battle it out against 3 other teams aswell as defend your flag with unique kits and items!
How Its Play/Gameplay: 4 teams, Orange,Purple,Blue,Red, the colors just look good. Max Player 20, minimum 12, so either 3 on each team or 5. Goal: Defend your flag while steal the enemys flag and killing them off.
Basic flag stealing mechanics, punch the flag block... get the flag block.. your inventory is filled with the flag block... (minus some kits) and you return to your flag or get punched off or killed and restart.
Now most/all of my suggestions have been turned down/Pushed aside but since I thought "well, mabye if a make a map they will see what they are playing on.

Map:
http://imgur.com/a/9rrzS
From beginning to end. Overall Map, Player Spawn, Flag, Mines, Enchanter, and middle of map.
Now, you might notice the crafting table at spawn. This is the Auto-Crafter.
Upon Opening it, it will open this Gui.

http://imgur.com/a/4Js8h
The objects below it are how much to costs to aquire these items.
Now... first of is Miscellaneous:Stone Tools: Stone Sword(10 Rocks) Stone Pickaxe(5 rocks), Archery: Bow(10 Diamonds) 1ox Arrows (5 rocks)
Next is (Gold/Iron/Diamond) G/I/D Items: G/I/D Armor
G/I/D Helmet (5 G/I/Ds),G/I/D Chestplate (10 G/I/Ds), G/I/D Leggings (10 G/I/Ds), G/I/D Boots (5 G/I/Ds)
G/I/D Tools: G/I/D Sword (1o G/I/Ds) G/I/D Pickaxe (5 G/I/Ds)
Finnally We have Shard items: Shard Crusher: 3 Shard Dust (1 Shards) 10 Shard Dust (3 Shards) 3 Infused Shard Dust (5 Shards) 10 Infused Shard Dust (15 Shards) Magical Tools: Flaming Stick(fire aspect II) (30 Shard Dust), Ball of Punch (knockback I) (40 Shard dust), Rod of Blazing (fire aspect X) (20 Infused Shard Dust), Infused Ball of Punch (Knockback V) (30 Infused Shard Dust)
Now you may also notice the enchantment table and brewing stand. Upon Right clicking a shard dust. It will give you half an xp bar. While Infused will give you 5 xp bars. Which can be used to enchant your armor and Weaponry! But! the Brewing stand has a different use then in vanilla minecraft!
With the brewery, when right clicked it will bring up a gui with helpful potions and harmful potions. The helpful potions include splash potions of healing I(1o Shard Dust) and II(20 shard dust), potion of speed 1 (4 infused), splash potion of strength I (10 infused)and Potion of Strength II (20 infused)
While harmful contain Splash potion of slowness (5 shard dust) splash potion of poison (1o shard dust) splash potion of blinding (10 shard dust) Splash potion of harming II (20 infused dust) Splash potion of slowness X (30 infused SHards)
Now! The gamelasts a max of 30 minutes. After 10 minutes, the enchantment table will unlock, aswell as shard blocks starting to spawn at your island, A royal flag will spawn at mid. 20 minutes, everyone is given speed 1, and the slowness effect is removed while carrying the flag, Royal flag spawns. 25 minutes and
the third royal flag will spawn. and everyone is given speed 2. 30 minutes and the game ends. No winners.
Now mentioned was royal flags. Royal flags are the grey flags in the mid. They spawn after 10, 20, and 25minutes. Gaining a royal flag boosts your inter team. With one flag in possesion, everyone is given resistance 1. 2 flags is regen 1. 3 flags in strength 1. The other team can still steal your flag, and your royal flags. But once your flag is stolen, the royal flags remain.
Death. Upon dying, you take 5 seconds to respawn. after 15 minutes. it becomes 10 seconds. to play well, and dont rush. When you die, your given 5 seconds of invicability, as a final push to stop someone stealing your flag. Once 2o minutes have passes. that invicability is increase by 10. If your flag is taken, and the person carrying it is killed. It takes 5 seconds for it to return to your base, 10 seconds after 10 minutes, and never after 25 minutes. If someone is punched off and edge with your flag, it is instantly returned to your base, even after 25 minutes.
Note: upon death items are not drop, nor can they be dropped while living.
These picture after off all the mineable blocks, and what they drop.
http://imgur.com/6sjIWzM
Now, time for the coin give out.
Win: 30 coins
Lose: 5 coins
Kill: 5 coins
Kill someone who has your flag/ Defend: 1o
Steal flag: 5 coins
Cap flag: 2o coins
Cap Royal Flag:10 coins
Get all 3 royal flags/ Power hungry: 20 coins
Ah kits, gotta love them
Starter: The kit every is able to access. Basic leather armor, with a wooden sword and pickaxe
Archer: 500 coins: Starts with 30 arrows and a bow. Wooden pickaxe
Suvivalist: 400 coins Accessable to Sponsor+: Gains 1 arrow every 5 seconds, and starts with a bow, and wooden pickaxe. Full Chain
Miner: Has a 50% chance of getting double the amount of ore, starts with a gold helmet, and leather boots with a stone pickaxe
AssassinPeaceKeeper+: constant speed 1, double dmg when hitting from behind.
Mage 800 coins: Constant fire resistance, 75% chance of recieving double shards. Starts with wood pickaxe and stick called "wand" with knockback I
Briber 1200 coins: Minus 2 on everything in the shop. Including armor, shards, and such. Good to have as a supporter, Wooden Pickaxe
Medic: 700 coins:5 SplashPotions of healing I. Wooden Pickaxe and a iron sword name Syringe that has a 5% chance to deal poison II for 5 seconds.
Rusher: 2000 coins MockingJay+: Constant speed 2, no slowness when aquiring flag. When hit while carrying the flag, recieves speed 3 for 5 seconds. Shears with sharpness 2 to aquire the flag. Leather boots and helmet. Wooden Pickaxe
Spy: Upon sneaking for 5 seconds, your color is changed to look the the color of the closest enemy player. Aswell as the color of your name changing. While sneaking, if you hit a player in the back, it deals triple dmg.
well, might be abit confusing, but Its the most detail ive put into a gamemode. Had a fun time think of all the stuff it could have, but I slimmed it down as much as I could. Tell me if you would like anything added.

ParadoxTaco

For those wondering, the map is in my 7th plot, in vip world. Hope you enjoy, and Ill add as much as I can or what you feel is needed. Thanks for your negative or positive support.

ParadoxTaco

Kay dang. My largest gamemode, besides mabye fish survival, except, no feedback what so ever. You got around 2 votes in the pole. Was it just to much information? Not enough? Even a little feedbak would have been great.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
too much info cba to read xD
No, it is not a lot of info, if you could not be asked to read it, do not comment saying that.

Apart from that, Paradox I love your idea :) You thought it through really well, and that's great! And there sure is a lot to it. You have made effort in your map, and your unique areas in the gamemode :) However a lot there is it could and most likely mean that it may not get implemented for a while. Though who knows! I think that Zainos has a lot on his hands right now on other things he probably has planned for the server. Again great idea ParadoxTaco :)

ParadoxTaco

No, it is not a lot of info, if you could not be asked to read it, do not comment saying that.

Apart from that, Paradox I love your idea :) You thought it through really well, and that's great! And there sure is a lot to it. You have made effort in your map, and your unique areas in the gamemode :) However a lot there is it could and most likely mean that it may not get implemented for a while. Though who knows! I think that Zainos has a lot on his hands right now on other things he probably has planned for the server. Again great idea ParadoxTaco :)
Theres a lovely thing called #FactionsFirst but you know me smoke, I always try getting my gamemodes out before I forget them.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
great idea i just dont like how small the islands are for teams maybe like expand them out a little but all in all great idea

ParadoxTaco

great idea i just dont like how small the islands are for teams maybe like expand them out a little but all in all great idea
I myself don't really see how there to small, what is the problem? pvp? which is of course understandable, but Your mostly gunna be trying to rush mid for the flag, or perhaps mining underground. Also Be noted, that was a map I built so people would have a better idea on what they would be playing on. If added, im sure Zain would suggest improvements on the map(s)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I myself don't really see how there to small, what is the problem? pvp? which is of course understandable, but Your mostly gunna be trying to rush mid for the flag, or perhaps mining underground. Also Be noted, that was a map I built so people would have a better idea on what they would be playing on. If added, im sure Zain would suggest improvements on the map(s)
i do guess so but all in all good idea