• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Ban and mute.

iwasakoala

So i was perm muted then banned for bypassing mute in a book:
Heres the question: If i brought unban would it unmute me or would i have to buy that separately?

me32305

"Bypassing mute in a book" what is HHG, a dictatorship? You're not bypassing mute by writing in a book, that's ridiculous. If someone was talking to their friend on skype, and they were muted would that be bypassing a mute?

iwasakoala

"Bypassing mute in a book" what is HHG, a dictatorship? You're not bypassing mute by writing in a book, that's ridiculous. If someone was talking to their friend on skype, and they were muted would that be bypassing a mute?
D:

me32305

If you can't chat in global because your muted for breaking the rules, why would you be allowed to chat in books?

If you're chatting in books it means that you literally have to hand someone the book and they have to read it, and then give it back. This means you can only talk to only a few people. It also means that they are your friends and are fine with talking to you. I don't see how it is a problem, nobody can see it but your friends.

iwasakoala

If you're chatting in books it means that you literally have to hand someone the book and they have to read it, and then give it back. This means you can only talk to only a few people. It also means that they are your friends and are fine with talking to you. I don't see how it is a problem, nobody can see it but your friends.
True. My friend also just got banned for this

me32305

True. My friend also just got banned for this

I don't understand why they would be so strict on something so meaningless. It's weird because for them to know that you're using a book they would have to go invisible and follow you around. It's like they are trying to ban all of the members.

iwasakoala

I don't understand why they would be so strict on something so meaningless. It's weird because for them to know that you're using a book they would have to go invisible and follow you around. It's like they are trying to ban all of the members.
I agree i have to say, now me and 2 of my friends (Well one's my enemy) Are now banned. its sorta silly because the staff could be looking to see weather there are hackers. But no. They just spectate the muted people

me32305

I agree i have to say, now me and 2 of my friends (Well one's my enemy) Are now banned. its sorta silly because the staff could be looking to see weather there are hackers. But no. They just spectate the muted people

Quality staff here trying to find a reason to ban people. May I ask who banned you? I want him to tell us why he felt the need to
both mute and spectate you to see if you were communicating with books.

iwasakoala

Quality staff here trying to find a reason to ban people. May I ask who banned you? I want him to tell us why he felt the need to
both mute and spectate you to see if you were communicating with books.
I am not sure. i think it may have been smoke as he was the only staff online but it doesnt say

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The rules are very clear. It's the player's responsibility to know them, and a staff's responsibility to enforce them. If you think a rule should be removed, make a suggestion thread.

Also, keep in mind that most of the mutes and bans come from Player Reports. That means it is highly likely that staff do NOT follow people around if they are muted. It's most likely that an online player either saw the offense and messaged an online staff, or posted a report here at forums.

iwasakoala

The rules are very clear. It's the player's responsibility to know them, and a staff's responsibility to enforce them. If you think a rule should be removed, make a suggestion thread.

Also, keep in mind that most of the mutes and bans come from Player Reports. That means it is highly likely that staff do NOT follow people around if they are muted. It's most likely that an online player either saw the offense and messaged an online staff, or posted a report here at forums.
Except from the part where on the ban screen it DOESN'T say "via report"

me32305

He was communicating to his friends with a book which means the staff were probably following him around. Obviously Floresence is a long time and a frequent player on the server. It's ridiculous that he would be banned for something so meaningless. He simply wanted to talk to his friends. Like I said before, if you're talking to your friend on skype is that bypassing a mute? It's ridiculous.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Except from the part where on the ban screen it DOESN'T say "via report"
If a player messaged them in game, it wouldnt. Only forum reports say that
He was communicating to his friends with a book which means the staff were probably following him around. Obviously Floresence is a long time and a frequent player on the server. It's ridiculous that he would be banned for something so meaningless. He simply wanted to talk to his friends. Like I said before, if you're talking to your friend on skype is that bypassing a mute? It's ridiculous.
If you want the rules changed, make a suggestion thread. Otherwise, the rules are the rules and they are available for everyone to read. Its the players responsibility to know them.

iwasakoala

Yeah, just over 2 years.
Another one. Is talking to your friends on forums bypassing a mute?

AlaskanSkies

In the section of the rules where it explains bypassing a mute, it says:

"If you got muted, by no means you are allowed to bypass it by using a sign or book at the Server, since you got muted for a reason and attempting it to bypass it will result in a ban for the length of your mute"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Koala was permanently muted, so maybe this section should be changed if the punishment is a permanent ban. I'm not stating an opinion on this, just noticed that when looking at the rules. :p

me32305

In the section of the rules where it explains bypassing a mute, it says:

"If you got muted, by no means you are allowed to bypass it by using a sign or book at the Server, since you got muted for a reason and attempting it to bypass it will result in a ban for the length of your mute"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Koala was permanently muted, so maybe this section should be changed if the punishment is a permanent ban. I'm not stating an opinion on this, just noticed that when looking at the rules. :p

Thanks for contributing nothing to the argument we already know this. Our argument is that it's a ridiculous rule. He was talking to his friends only. No spamming at all. Like i've said for the 3rd time now, if he were talking to his friends on skype would he be bypassing a mute? He was probably muted for cussing/spamming which is meaningless when you're talking to your friends through a book. The staff don't even know what he was saying. He could've simply been informing them that he was muted so they didn't think he was ignoring them.

AlaskanSkies

Thanks for contributing nothing to the argument we already know this. Our argument is that it's a ridiculous rule. He was talking to his friends only. No spamming at all. Like i've said for the 3rd time now, if he were talking to his friends on skype would he be bypassing a mute? He was probably muted for cussing/spamming which is meaningless when you're talking to your friends through a book. The staff don't even know what he was saying. He could've simply been informing them that he was muted so they didn't think he was ignoring them.
As I said, I wasn't stating my opinion, so my goal was not to "contribute to the argument." This is an open forum. There's no need to be rude.