• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars .~Arctic Tundra~. (Sw Map)- 8 Player Map <> ViperStrike

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
.-Story-. Imagine that you are in the arctic on a floating island and all you have is your little house with your fire. Or your make-shift stove and fence. And you have to fight to the death to survive the cold land and it's people. Where will you go? To the middle and fight? Go on the trees or climb to the top of an ice spike? Or will you chose to stay at your island and and fight and try to survive. Only you can chose to do on this map.

About This map This map has Ice and Packed ice. And Snow blocks with Snow slabs. I think the islands are 10 blocks away from the middle island. With Prismarine blocks around it. And for iiJam sense we all know that you hate glowstone ;) And the block goes great I think with the Theme of the island I used ( Sea Lanterns)! And on the bottom of the islands I have some stone slabs I will remove them if needed. I also used Soul Sand to slow players down when they are pvping :) To make the pvp more fun. I think the snow and different levels of the snow blocks and slabs will make it more fun for pvp and all out skywars. Now I don't know if when you put snow (slabs) on the soul sand if it will make the soul sand noneffective. Also with the maps that have the house and little camp fire I used a little camp fire (That I got off of YouTube) Link>
. I also have logs around the campfire so (if this remindes you of a camp you went to good xD) That you can sit on in the game. I also have a house that you can camp and have fun in. In the middle there is a enchant table and chest and trust me there are crafting tables there. They are just hidden In the middle (Hint)> They are near something that you store stuff in ;). This is a 8 Player map And the map has 2 Chest at Every island and 4 Chest at Middle island. Also in the middle island there is a little pond that I put. And to see the full plot Please do /p v TryHardViper 3

-Helpers- The player's that helped me with worldedit are _Smokescreen_ Ble4chz SamThePugMC Trenly And my good friend HockeyWolf19 Who helped with Some of the ice spikes Thanks DUDE!!! And A big Thank you to Trenly who was the biggest help of all that helped with a lot of the world edit, And some of the little details that I missed me and also helped with the secret ;).

Side Note for Jammer's Now for iiJam there are some Water spots that are not supposed to be there and they keep melting I think Trenly knows what I'm talking about. Could you fill in the little patches of water on the islands with just plain ice, but keep the little pond in the middle island Thanks.
Pictures

2016-07-29_16.04.28.png
2016-07-30_10.36.59.png
2016-08-04_23.01.41.png
2016-08-04_23.02.00.png
2016-08-04_23.03.31.png

2016-07-29_16.04.28.png

Last edited:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The ice spikes in the center island are pretty good. But unfortunately they're honestly the only thing i Like about this map.
The bottoms of the islands look pretty poorly done. They look too unnatural. The same goes for the center island. the corners look too ridged and unnatural.
The stone slabs are a bad choice in their own, but the prismarine (Which DOESN'T contrast at all with the stone slabs) make the underneath of the islands look worse.
Although I am glad that you used some texture by using two types of ice for the ground of the islands, the soul sand doesn't look good.
Some of the islands look too rectangular, the mossy cobblestone walls and bricks also don't merge well with the blue/white theme of the map and I dislike the trapdoors in the little huts.
I'm sorry, but I highly dislike this.
Your map has been declined.

Last edited:

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
The ice spikes in the center island are pretty good. But unfortunately they're honestly the only thing i Like about this map.
The bottoms of the islands look pretty poorly done. They look too unnatural. The same goes for the center island. the corners look too ridged and unnatural.
The stone slabs are a bad choice in their own, but the prismarine (Which DOESN'T contrast at all with the stone slabs) make the underneath of the islands look worse.
Although I am glad that you used some texture by using two types of ice for the ground of the islands, the soul sand doesn't look good.
Some of the islands look too rectangular, the mossy cobblestone walls and bricks also don't merge well with the blue/white theme of the map and I dislike the trapdoors in the little huts.
I'm sorry, but I highly dislike.
Ok thanks Will keep every thing into your post to a suggestion and it will help me get better at building,

MeltWood

I'm sorry, but I highly dislike.

Pretty much this. I like that you've added more texture than others might, but otherwise iiJam nailed it. Additionally, I would recommend that you try to make maps that aren't already in the rotation, we have 3 winter-themed maps (including mine) off the top of my head, maybe more. Don't get discouraged, if you like building, keep at it and you'll get better!

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Pretty much this. I like that you've added more texture than others might, but otherwise iiJam nailed it. Additionally, I would recommend that you try to make maps that aren't already in the rotation, we have 3 winter-themed maps (including mine) off the top of my head, maybe more. Don't get discouraged, if you like building, keep at it and you'll get better!
Thanks!
I didn't see anything wrong with it lol. I mean the islands could be bigger. I guess that's why i'm not a builder lol.
thanks bb