• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP A couple of suggestions for Kitpvp

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I have been noticing some unbalancing of kits since the new kitpvp came out, so I am making a suggestions list of things I would like to be changed. I will not include Mario in this as there is a current thread going that I have made a post on it with my suggestions.

1. Kit: Fighter
Now, I have been noticing that since the update fighter has been crippled of some of its strength, literally, which is something needed. I think that it should have strength 2 back on the kit again, as you are much better off getting miner which does a little less damage than fighter and is a little slower (Which in some cases is actually a good thing) costs 3300 coins less... For a kit that costs 4000 coins, fighter is quite weak, and should be restored to what it was before.

2. Kit: Rider
Rider is a kit that needs a serious buff. Yes, it is unique and quite fun to use, or well at first at least, until your horse dies within 2 seconds, making you vulnerable with your not very powerful weapon, and not very defensive armor. What I suggest is that rider either, and preferable has, is diamond horse armor on the horse when it spawns, and make the diamond sword have sharpness 2, and knockback 1. Also change the helmet to a diamond one and make the whole kits armor have protection 1-2. For a kit that costs the same as Mario, Rider needs a big buff.

3. Kit: Demoman
For the record, I hate this kit so much. But not being biased, many people as well as me have agreed that this kit needs a nerf. My suggestion on this would either be for this kit to not have a sword at all and make the kit have all leather with the same enchantments, or make it so you have to fully charge the bow for it to lock on, and it makes a click noise when the arrow is fully charged, and if you don't fully charge the arrow, it just counts as a normal arrow, no lock on. Seeing as you cant get near the player when they are spamming, and aiming with a bow is hard by all the arrows making you jitter about and screwing your aim up. I don't think that the bow needs a nerf in power as it does little damage per hit and the idea is really cool, but honestly its way too OP for its price.

4. Kit: Shadowsniper
Nothing wrong with this kit in abilities, I just think its a little overpriced for what it is, as it has no defence, and not a particularly powerful bow. I think that the price should be reduced to 3000-3500 coins as its not a hugely powerful kit, and not a hugely unique kit either.

Last edited:

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Well demoman, I see that it's very annoying ( the sound too ) and i think it too, but I know that it's so easy to run away and soup like run behind a tree or something and then sneak behind the demo and yea it's not a running game it's PvP but running is also apart of PvP. And its very easy to kill the person when you get up to him/her ...

This kit shouldn't be changed ..
That's my opinion.

_Link

2. Kit: Rider
Rider is a kit that needs a serious buff. Yes, it is unique and quite fun to use, or well at first at least, until your horse dies within 2 seconds, making you vulnerable with your not very powerful weapon, and not very defensive armor. What I suggest is that rider either, and preferable has, is diamond horse armor on the horse when it spawns, and make the diamond sword have sharpness 2, and knockback 1. Also change the helmet to a diamond one and make the whole kits armor have protection 1-2. For a kit that costs the same as Mario, Rider needs a big buff.

Definitely needs a bow with Power 1/2, also they could increase the Horses health or they could potentially make it so you don't spawn a mule (This use to happen to me all the time)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Well demoman, I see that it's very annoying ( the sound too ) and i think it too, but I know that it's so easy to run away and soup like run behind a tree or something and then sneak behind the demo and yea it's not a running game it's PvP but running is also apart of PvP. And its very easy to kill the person when you get up to him/her ...

This kit shouldn't be changed ..
That's my opinion.
I don't agree with this. Running away isn't really a part of pvp, that's just running away from a fight, taking cover is, but that is not running away. Also, the demoman isn't too hard to kill IF you actually reach them, and 9/10, you wont reach them due to the constant knockback effect on the bow and the fact that they can spam it. Plus, if you take cover from the arrows, they can still get you as the arrows curve round trees.

Zinex

Why don't you suggest that they change the whole server just so that you're satisfied?

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Why don't you suggest that they change the whole server just so that you're satisfied?
Why don't you stop talking. Its not illegal for people suggesting things and putting forward their opinions (Within reason of course). I see that there are a few things that I find need changing, and if you're against that, just keep quiet and stop annoying people like any decent person would.

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Why don't you stop talking. Its not illegal for people suggesting things and putting forward their opinions (Within reason of course). I see that there are a few things that I find need changing, and if you're against that, just keep quiet and stop annoying people like any decent person would.
Suggestions help the server and these ones will help KitPvP on this Netowrk. Some nice ideas Scorp :)

Majorconnor10

I don't think demoman needs to be nerfed, it is not OP. It is so hard to get a kill with it, but I'm gonna say, it is annoying. If it had a cooldown though, it would be a sucky kit. I don't think it needs to be changed, any kit with enderpearls can kill it, or any other kit can kill it if the person is not aware of their surroundings.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I don't think demoman needs to be nerfed, it is not OP. It is so hard to get a kill with it, but I'm gonna say, it is annoying. If it had a cooldown though, it would be a sucky kit. I don't think it needs to be changed, any kit with enderpearls can kill it, or any other kit can kill it if the person is not aware of their surroundings.
You are right about the e-pearl bit, well, half way anyway. True, you can get close to the player with e-pearls, but I did the exact same thing today and, well to be honest it didn't go so smoothly, and this happened 3-4 times too. I e-pearled and hit a demoman with it, started attacking him and got about 2 hits in before he locked onto me and immediately started spamming arrows at me, making me use most of a full bar of soups and like 15 e-pearls to kill him. A cool down might be a bit too harsh, maybe make it so you have to fully charge the bow for it to lock onto a player, ill redo that part, and that wouldn't make it a sucky kit as it has decent armor and a diamond sword which quite a few kits have, which it can fend of someone and use the bow again, and then again, for a 700 coin kit its not really meant to be super op anyway, which its not far off of now.

Plus, demoman isn't my main concern in the kits, the other two to me are a bigger deal than demoman. I mean true, I would like demoman to be changed slightly, that's why I put it on here, but the other two are bigger problems, as I see it.

Majorconnor10

You are right about the e-pearl bit, well, half way anyway. True, you can get close to the player with e-pearls, but I did the exact same thing today and, well to be honest it didn't go so smoothly, and this happened 3-4 times too. I e-pearled and hit a demoman with it, started attacking him and got about 2 hits in before he locked onto me and immediately started spamming arrows at me, making me use most of a full bar of soups and like 15 e-pearls to kill him. A cool down might be a bit too harsh, maybe make it so you have to fully charge the bow for it to lock onto a player, ill redo that part, and that wouldn't make it a sucky kit as it has decent armor and a diamond sword which quite a few kits have, which it can fend of someone and use the bow again, and then again, for a 700 coin kit its not really meant to be super op anyway, which its not far off of now.

Plus, demoman isn't my main concern in the kits, the other two to me are a bigger deal than demoman. I mean true, I would like demoman to be changed slightly, that's why I put it on here, but the other two are bigger problems, as I see it.

You don't even need enderpearls, if you sneak up on them when they are locked onto someone you can kill them, it isn't that OP, it is just annoying and hard to kill, but demoman does little damage on people. The only easy kill for demoman is iron armor no enchants or less. But I do agree with your thinking on the fully charge the bow. Maybe make it so that you must fully charge it and you hear a click when it can be a lock-on arrow, maybe make it so if it isn't fully charged then make it a normal arrow, no lock-on.

And about the 2 other kits (Fighter and Rider) I have no clue what they are like so I wouldn't know if there was a severe problem with them.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
You don't even need enderpearls, if you sneak up on them when they are locked onto someone you can kill them, it isn't that OP, it is just annoying and hard to kill, but demoman does little damage on people. The only easy kill for demoman is iron armor no enchants or less. But I do agree with your thinking on the fully charge the bow. Maybe make it so that you must fully charge it and you hear a click when it can be a lock-on arrow, maybe make it so if it isn't fully charged then make it a normal arrow, no lock-on.
My thinking exactly. They're hard to kill, but yeah, getting a kill is quite a long thing with them. Sneaking up for me isn't really part of pvp, its just backstabbing, which I share this opinion with a few that its quite dishonourable and cheap. But yeah, the arrows idea you came up with is a perfect idea, ill further add that to the original post.

Majorconnor10

My thinking exactly. They're hard to kill, but yeah, getting a kill is quite a long thing with them. Sneaking up for me isn't really part of pvp, its just backstabbing, which I share this opinion with a few that its quite dishonourable and cheap. But yeah, the arrows idea you came up with is a perfect idea, ill further add that to the original post.

It being hard to kill is its balance for not getting easy kills. It is like a defense strategy. But yeah, the arrow idea will further balance the kit.