• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Prison - Built by Team Technic

Maatchaa

Team Technic's first Skywars map. Hope you enjoy!
Note: There is a hidden surprise at each island, as prisons in the real world are sometimes filled with surprises! Will you be the one to find it first?

Built by: Team Technic

Builders: Netiverx, shonk, pofoma

Thank you TheSpeedyTurtle_ for helping with the bottom of the mid!

EDIT: Updated Screenshots

35.png

30.png

31.png

33.png

32.png

rw9e.png

Feel free to give us any feedback and how to improve the map! Thank you!

Last edited:

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I think it's a good theme and idea; and i think the cell doesn't look half bad. However, I believe the islands are too simple and the underside of them are kinda awkward looking. Maybe smoothing out the bottoms, and adding some other features on top of the island will help.

Maatchaa

Oh, everyone just so you know inside each island there is another hidden chest. If this map is accepted players can search for clues. Each hidden spot is marked by a special block. Hopefully you find out which it is!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
My thoughts:

The idea/theme is lovely and I like the way you've approached it!

The underside of the middle island isn't very good (too symmetrical) make it more like the player islands.

The islands are quite far away from middle, but you have 3 options here:
- Move then in closer.
- Move them slightly further away and add in Islands in between the middle and the player islands.
- Make the middle bigger.
(I'd go with making the middle bigger to encourage more PvP, that's the main thing I've learnt from making SkyWars Maps)

I understand it's mean to be a prison etc... but maybe some leaves or some sort of organics to brighten the Map up a bit? It looks a bit boring with everything grey. I think oak and spruce leaves will help with that a lot.

Thanks for reading my thoughts! I hope they've helped! (This is my favourite Team Technic Map so far)
-=+=-

Maatchaa

-=+=-
My thoughts:

The idea/theme is lovely and I like the way you've approached it!

The underside of the middle island isn't very good (too symmetrical) make it more like the player islands.

The islands are quite far away from middle, but you have 3 options here:
- Move then in closer.
- Move them slightly further away and add in Islands in between the middle and the player islands.
- Make the middle bigger.
(I'd go with making the middle bigger to encourage more PvP, that's the main thing I've learnt from making SkyWars Maps)

I understand it's mean to be a prison etc... but maybe some leaves or some sort of organics to brighten the Map up a bit? It looks a bit boring with everything grey. I think oak and spruce leaves will help with that a lot.

Thanks for reading my thoughts! I hope they've helped! (This is my favourite Team Technic Map so far)
-=+=-
Thank you for your feedback! We had already made the middle bigger. (updated screenshots are awaited)
I'm thinking of placing spruce leaves with some anvils in the middle. We will also try to make the bottom of the middle island nicer.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback!

Maatchaa

Team Technic's first Skywars map. Hope you enjoy!
Note: There is a hidden surprise at each island, as prisons in the real world are sometimes filled with surprises! Will you be the one to find it first?

Built by: Team Technic

Builders: Netiverx, shonk, pofoma

Thank you TheSpeedyTurtle_ for helping with the bottom of the mid!

EDIT: Updated Screenshots

35.png

30.png

31.png

33.png

32.png

Feel free to give us any feedback and how to improve the map! Thank you
Updated Screenshots! Please give us some feedback on the updated version of the map!
Thank you TheSpeedyTurtle_ for doing the bottom of the middle island!

cStella

Retired Staff
Personally, I think this map looks like both of Poofer's Skywars maps Ancient Forest and Builders Dream got together and had a baby and this is the creation. I enjoy playing on Poofer's style of maps so I think this one will be fun too :) Nice job, I hope it gets accepted

Maatchaa

Personally, I think this map looks like both of Poofer's Skywars maps Ancient Forest and Builders Dream got together and had a baby and this is the creation. I enjoy playing on Poofer's style of maps so I think this one will be fun too :) Nice job, I hope it gets accepted
Thank you! This was the first map I've ever created, but I made it with poof and shonk as well. The updated mid and islands were made by me and TheSpeedyTurtle_ :). Poofer has much experience creating skywars maps, and he was a great help. Thank you for your feedback!

pofoproud

Trusted Member
omg ty <3

Maatchaa

The map looks quite dull. I like the idea, but you might want to spice up the middle a bit.
I think this map kinda looks boring and plain, there's not a lot of detail so you maybe should try adding some. :)
We already added lots of vines, leaves, and lava! I don't want to get too fancy because this is a prison themed map, but what else do you think should be implemented but no so the theme of the map goes out of hand?

Last edited:

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I think the prison cells should be actual cells, where you fall into them to give the "prison feel" and more of a claustrophobic sense to the start of the map so that you have to "escape prison" by getting out and going to the middle. I also agree with MineJam that middle should be somewhat widened. To me the map seems to open and kinda small.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
After viewing the map in game, here are my thoughts.

The middle is quite small. While there is block variation, it all is grey which gives a sort of bland feel to the map, which is likely what people are talking about when they say they want more detail. The hidden chest is a good idea, however it could be better implemented as it could take a while to get to if you don't have a pickaxe. The lava flowing down from the middle doesn't seem to fit the prison theme. While the webs and leaves and vines are nice details, they seem to make the map more of a "Ruins" theme. With the way the corners of the middle are, it looks as if the distance is shorter for a few players to get to mid which is a bit unfair.

I like the theme, but don't think it was well executed. Perhaps with some improvement this could be a good map. Sorry, but this map has been declined.