• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

When You Don't Report a Player

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Just to be clear, I'm not a staff member, this is not any sort of dispute, everything is from experience, I simply don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did~

Also I know I posted this in General Discussion when there really is nothing to discuss about, but yeah..

People break rules all the time, especially caps and character spam, but those usually just result in a temp mute. But when bigger and more serious rules are broken, you can get perm banned, or if you know someone is breaking a giant rule, you can get perm banned too (doesn't happen very often from what I see, but the possibility is there).

If you're too lazy/forget to report chat, it's usually not that big of a deal. But if you know that someone else is breaking a rule like hacking or abusing a bug, report it asap, because the truth will come out sooner or later, and the later it does, the worse your punishment is. Even if you don't have picture/video proof, you can message a staff member and ask them to take a look at it.

Here's my perm ban story for those of you that would like to know, it's been a while so I've decided to share it, this is the shortest version:

A few of my friends were abusing a bug because they were being stupid, I was on Parkour at the time, one of them messaged me and asked me to get on Skyblock, so I went, and I freaked out, Skyblock was literally ruined, and it was like my home. I first freaked out for a few minutes then sent screenshots straight to Zainos. And I got perm banned, but then he unbanned me because the only rule I broke at the time was abusing caps.

A few months later I wanted to get everything straight because I wasn't there when it all happened, so I got in touch with everyone that abused the bug, that's when I found out how the bug even worked. I talked to the person who found out about the bug, their island member, who they told, who one of those people told, and who said it in public chat. I talked to every one of them, they all told me their part of it, and together everything finally made sense.

This February one of my really good friends asked me to promise to not tell anyone about something, so I did, and they told me that they're playing on Skyblock again with an alt, got MJ again and was on top 10 again. I knew I was in trouble, but I ignored it and joined their island anyway. We had a lot of fun, and I thought about it every day, 2 weeks later, after hours of convincing, they started writing a dispute.

I talked to a mod and asked a few questions about the situation, and as we were talking, I realized they wanted to know really bad who my friend was, so eventually, I told them. By that time we were about to tell the truth anyway. Minutes later, literally, a few minutes later. We were both perm banned. They're not even allowed to buy an unban, I think I'm still allowed though. I really should've waited for my friend to finish the dispute before I said anything.

A few weeks ago from today, this friend told me they're playing on Skyblock yet AGAIN with ANOTHER account, right away I told them to not tell me anything else so I wouldn't have to lie or get them banned again. I "reported" them right away with no valid proof, because last time I said I wouldn't do it again. And it turns out my friend just wanted to see what I'd do. I started out not wanting to break a promise so I broke a rule instead, but I ended up losing a friend and the ability to play hhg Skyblock.

So don't be stupid and break rules, but if you do, don't be stupid again and lie, and if you do, don't be even more stupid and walk away.

That is if you really care about playing on hhg, because there are always people that don't.

MineJam

Retired Staff
Agree for the most part. But just because evidence gets old doesn't mean you get a more aggressive punishment. Punishments stay the same no matter how long it takes for you to get caught. If that's what you mean by " and the later it does, the worse your punishment is". But Yeah overall just don't break the rules, simple as that.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Agree for the most part. But just because evidence gets old doesn't mean you get a more aggressive punishment. Punishments stay the same no matter how long it takes for you to get caught. If that's what you mean by " and the later it does, the worse your punishment is". But Yeah overall just don't break the rules, simple as that.
Well like I said, everything's from experience lol, I barely know anything about punishments. But thanks, I didn't know that