• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Lyfe Is So Hard [Kinda need a bit of help]

Zelistra

Trusted Member
This is quite of a long story but.. Here's the story as short as possible...:

I honestly have no idea what happened, but since like a week ago, I've been feeling "sad", I never smile/laugh anymore unless someone is being very funny, but then I put on a serious face asap, which is very weird because I used to laugh literally all the time..

I used to be that person who's trying to cheer everyone up and helping people that have lost hope in life, telling them why and how they should live their lives, I know this might sound a bit cheesy but it's the truth, I really do love helping people with life and happiness.

Now I constantly ask myself "Who am I?", "Why am I still alive?", "Where am I?", "What am I doing?", etc... Before, I thought I understood life and knew what to do, but something got to me and now I'm like this.. I mean, I still have all those quotes in my mind, but it's so hard to apply them to my life. It's just like when you're trying to make a 4 block jump on parkour, you know how to do it, but it's just so hard (for me as a pk nub anyways)

Something that started happening today is that, whenever I'm doing something, I would suddenly start stressing out really bad and have to stop doing whatever I'm doing, and it sucks. Also, I'm VERY impatient, when I used to be the most patient person I know of..

My Carrot (irl best friend, kinda sorta, about her name, it's another story xd) says that it's because I've been doing those things for a long time, because I've suddenly stressed out while I was playing the piano, violin, Minecraft, reading, even watching YouTube and talking to friends. And I've been doing this stuff for almost all my life. So basically, it could happen anytime, whatever I'm doing.. And I hate it. It usually happens 30-45 min after I start doing a thing.. Any idea why?

And I just often stress out for no reason..

I've talked to my "best friends" (well the best friends out of all my friends but they're not really my besties so yeah they're my "best friends" idk another word for it) and they each gave me different advice's and are all very supportive and trying to help, but none of them really understand me, besides my carrot equisdé, bc she's basically going through the exact same thing but her situation is way worse than mine, she knows how to deal with the stuff and knows exactly how I feel, and it's been happening to her for like 2 years now...

It's like people that have depression understand me and basically have the same feelings like I do, other people are trying to do anything they can but they just can't seem to understand me, but just talking to me helps a lot c:

So if you can think of anything, it'd be very appreciated.. You can talk to me through e-mail/hangouts/yt dm (YouTube direct message)/skype @ QuartzyGlacier@gmail.com . I'll give you more info there as you ask me questions.. bc yeah, too many rules on here c:

Shout out to my most supportive fwend Darien aka CanadianTheCat ^-^ who has just always been there for me, he says that he understands me but I think that he doesn't xd, but he's just always there to talk to me <3

p.s. equisdé = xd. it kinda got stuck in my mind so yeah

Ok now if you're wondering why I call my friend my Carrot, well, irl I call her Zanahoria which means Carrot (it's Spanish, and I talk to her in Spanish so yeah). Her name is Carolina (which would be Caroline in English) and since it's a very common name, she needed to make up a username, so she went with Caro at first, then for some social medias she used Carro, well here's an evolution of her usernames on social medias loool:

Carolina (Caroline) > Caro (expensive) > Carro (car) > Carrot > Aaaaand.. I call her Zanahoria (Carrot)

And yeah I used to be a weird and random person xd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Handeril

Quartzy, I think it's teenage depression (Yes, that's a real thing), and you'll eventually move past it, the main thing is, stay close to those that are your real friends. They'll give you support when you're feeling really down, and hopefully your family would do the same for you.

I went through it too, and it was a hassle for me too. :/

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Quartzy, I think it's teenage depression (Yes, that's a real thing), and you'll eventually move past it, the main thing is, stay close to those that are your real friends. They'll give you support when you're feeling really down, and hopefully your family would do the same for you.

No, no, no. Its different. Having experienced what Quartzy described, and knowing exactly what she is talking about; I can tell you it is different than teenage depression.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff

^^^

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
No, no, no. Its different. Having experienced what Quartzy described, and knowing exactly what she is talking about; I can tell you it is different than teenage depression.
No idea, what exactly he meant by "teenage depression." but I also get it. I agree with everything in that. I would need to know what he meant by "teenage depression."

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Looool only people that feel the exact same way as I do rn, understand me, people like Trenly . I'm just not good at explaining so most people don't know how I feel ._.

Handeril

I used to feel the same way, impatient, hating on things I used to love, sad/easily irritated alot, and stressing out alot.

I never found an explanation for it, so... yeah...

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
Its definitely some form of depression, most likely due to being 14, but could also definitely be another unknown trigger (personal issues that we are currently unaware of?)

In any case, Quartz you need to first of all take some time to deviate from your normal schedule and try experiencing life in a different way. Go places you haven't and try things you haven't, after awhile you'll come back to your routine refreshed and maybe even with some new enjoyments you never thought you could have!

And talk to a professional too, seeking psychological help is ALWAYS ok and is nothing to be ashamed of. It helps more than you think.

If you ever need someone to talk to my Discord is in my sig, I'm almost always online and ready to help with anything :)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Well, in honesty I'm not too sure about this one. I know what depression feels like, as everyone knows I was HUGELY depressed at one point of my life (It nearly killed me, but you know about that already) and actually I know what this feels like because I've had a thing like this before when I was mid way through being 15 I think, but I don't really know how to solve it, or help, I would love too, but I just don't know what to do to help. Sorry Quartzy :/

What I do know though is I definitely did feel it at one point, it's odd... Kinda just makes you feel like your life is a mess and will snap at everyone for no reason, that's what I felt anyway.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Its definitely some form of depression, most likely due to being 14, but could also definitely be another unknown trigger (personal issues that we are currently unaware of?)

In any case, Quartz you need to first of all take some time to deviate from your normal schedule and try experiencing life in a different way. Go places you haven't and try things you haven't, after awhile you'll come back to your routine refreshed and maybe even with some new enjoyments you never thought you could have!

And talk to a professional too, seeking psychological help is ALWAYS ok and is nothing to be ashamed of. It helps more than you think.

If you ever need someone to talk to my Discord is in my sig, I'm almost always online and ready to help with anything :)
I've tried finding new things to do, but I still suddenly stress out after doing something for some time, Trenly said that I can try doing multiple things at a time, and it's working c: Probably the biggest problem is that I have 12 hugest exams next month that my school life literally depends on, and I can't get that off my mind ._. And it kinda just started happening, my life was perfectly fine and it just started for some unknown reasons.. Thanks doe

Well, in honesty I'm not too sure about this one. I know what depression feels like, as everyone knows I was HUGELY depressed at one point of my life (It nearly killed me, but you know about that already) and actually I know what this feels like because I've had a thing like this before when I was mid way through being 15 I think, but I don't really know how to solve it, or help, I would love too, but I just don't know what to do to help. Sorry Quartzy :/

What I do know though is I definitely did feel it at one point, it's odd... Kinda just makes you feel like your life is a mess and will snap at everyone for no reason, that's what I felt anyway.
What just started happening yesterday is that idek my mood anymore, which confuses me so much.. I don't know if I'm happy or sad or anything, which is weiiiiiird too. But thanks tho

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
What just started happening yesterday is that idek my mood anymore, which confuses me so much.. I don't know if I'm happy or sad or anything, which is weiiiiiird too. But thanks tho
Ok that one I can relate to as well. I had that during my big depression and through the relationship problem which I've both spoken about. I used to just feel happy one day, but the next day I would wake up and feel crappy and really just not want to endure that day. I can't honestly say anything I know that would help this again though because this was for a big reason, and unless there's a reason you really don't want to tell us about then I have no idea why you're feeling that way, either way I know your pain though. Also if that's the case and there is a reason for all this which you don't have to mention, you just need some help, someone you know you can trust with your thoughts and the truth of things, whether it be someone professional like the psychiatrist I had, or just a friend like I had Ida, it will almost gurenteed solve the problem as sharing thoughts is a great way to get over things. But if that's not the case then, I'm not sure tbh...

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Ok that one I can relate to as well. I had that during my big depression and through the relationship problem which I've both spoken about. I used to just feel happy one day, but the next day I would wake up and feel crappy and really just not want to endure that day. I can't honestly say anything I know that would help this again though because this was for a big reason, and unless there's a reason you really don't want to tell us about then I have no idea why you're feeling that way, either way I know your pain though. Also if that's the case and there is a reason for all this which you don't have to mention, you just need some help, someone you know you can trust with your thoughts and the truth of things, whether it be someone professional like the psychiatrist I had, or just a friend like I had Ida, it will almost gurenteed solve the problem as sharing thoughts is a great way to get over things. But if that's not the case then, I'm not sure tbh...
I don't have any secrets really, I told everything I know.. That's why I don't understand, like, it just started happening for no reason. And everyday something else starts happening..

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I don't have any secrets really, I told everything I know.. That's why I don't understand, like, it just started happening for no reason. And everyday something else starts happening..
Yea, I don't think it's the exact case with me. Although, lots of times things have suddenly started happening to me. The advice I got from my sister and family was that I need to step back from helping people (Because I help people all the time) and focus on myself and find a place to get my energy from. Which I did, took me about 3 weeks to do it.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Yea, I don't think it's the exact case with me. Although, lots of times things have suddenly started happening to me. The advice I got from my sister and family was that I need to step back from helping people (Because I help people all the time) and focus on myself and find a place to get my energy from. Which I did, took me about 3 weeks to do it.
I always knew that what's happening to me is different from what happened to you .-. I got some advice from friends and they're all working really well, apparently only people that have depression understand me and know what I should do

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I always knew that what's happening to me is different from what happened to you .-. I got some advice from friends and they're all working really well, apparently only people that have depression understand me and know what I should do
Not sure if mine was depression. If you count almost have anxiety attacks and feeling like you are drowning as depression then ya I did. I think I just dealt with it way differently. Like I didn't tell anyone at all. and well, you know how I dealt with it.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Not sure if mine was depression. If you count almost have anxiety attacks and feeling like you are drowning as depression then ya I did. I think I just dealt with it way differently. Like I didn't tell anyone at all. and well, you know how I dealt with it.
I don't remember how you dealt with it. If it's what you always tell me to do then maybe

If you ever need my help just msg me on Skype.
Okay thanks