• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Should Gay Be Unblocked From Filter?

Should The Word *** Be Unblocked From Filter?

• Yes (I agree)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • YES (I strongly Agree)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • no (I Disagree)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • NO (I strongly Disagree)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Neutral (Not Sure)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decis

You seem highly against everyone who disagrees. Clearly You agree... that's fine... but as many have stated, and I will now state... its a block game... Is it really that bad you cant express yourself in a game full of hackers and 12 year olds... Cause I sure wouldn't. Now im a straight male... and if I had a *** friend, which I don't know. I wouldn't care. He became my friend for a reason... now... if he goes around telling everyone he is ***... then yes... I would be abit bothered... Then, if he lashed out when someone disagreed with him. then I wouldn't be very happy with my friend choices. all in all, why do you need it.. why do you truly need a word(s) Unblocked from a server. I don't see the point... and no arguments have really even moved me... gday... and for unblocking it... goodluck... I wont leave the server... but I sure will be abit bothered and the highly uneeded threads being posted. Feel free to disagree.

-Paradox
I will disagree, but that is my opinion and you have your opinion. I won't bother with your opinion or even try to 'move' you, but I'm just making a statement.

ParadoxTaco

I will disagree, but that is my opinion and you have your opinion. I won't bother with your opinion or even try to 'move' you, but I'm just making a statement.
So you will disagree, cool. But now... allow me to once again ask the questions that you seems to be completely ignoring. and just disagreeing?

"all in all, why do you need it.. why do you truly need a word(s) Unblocked from a server."
" Is it really that bad you cant express yourself in a game full of hackers and 12 year olds"

Decis

So you will disagree, cool. But now... allow me to once again ask the questions that you seems to be completely ignoring. and just disagreeing?

"all in all, why do you need it.. why do you truly need a word(s) Unblocked from a server."
" Is it really that bad you cant express yourself in a game full of hackers and 12 year olds"
Well.. it's not all 12 year olds and hackers, and I need words unblocked because I have a freedom of speech, press and religion. (Amendment 1)

cStella

Retired Staff
Well.. it's not all 12 year olds and hackers, and I need words unblocked because I have a freedom of speech, press and religion. (Amendment 1)

oh the drama ... just follow the rules and have fun.
Here are the rules again in case you've forgotten...

Respect Everybody

Every player deserves to have the best Minecraft experience, and being disrespectful towards others and the ideals of others, will not achieve this goal that Happy-HG believes in! Discussions about racism, sexism, Inappropriate conduct and references, religious and political views, and any other form of Discrimination will not be tolerated. Please do not disrespect our players or staff in any way. This includes being rude, bullying, harassment and/or flame-baiting.

Everyone has the right to be on HHGN without fear of being discriminated against, any reported violations will lead to immediate and system based punishment carried out by our staff team.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I myself feel that regardless of what context it is used in, it tends to start disrespectful conversations or arguments. I think it should stay blocked as a measure to prevent disrespect.

Even if soneone freely discusses their sexual orientation, there will always be others who strongly feel the opposite of whoever brought up the topic.

Tuut

Trusted Member
Ok, I read the first page of replies, then I got lazy and stopped xD. But, that being said, here is my lovely opinion.

G.a.y should not be un-blocked for 2 simple reasons. The first reason is because g.a.y can be used as an insult. We all know there are some dipwads on the server that will abuse the word. The second reason, is something I read on appleglacier's post: If there are 5,6,7 year olds playing Minecraft, they don't need to be exposed to this word and other words that other people have been bringing up.

Ez

jcdentonswh0re69

That's true.
Minecraft is an open game to ANY age. I don't care if they're children, but there's older age groups too. I get pretty annoyed (and other people) when someone assumes i'm straight. I'm not. As SundaySins Said to me earlier, Mojang is LGBT Supporting, (Psst, Tyler tell them about mojang's LGBT Thingy you know more about it than me lmao)

Majorconnor10

Actually this server doesn't need to give you freedom of speech and religion because it's their server and their rules, and it is owned by someone who lives in Argentina, so, yeah... Not saying I agree with certain words being blocked like "G.a.y."

Gay... how can you be insulted by being called gay? If you aren't gay, then why do you care, you aren't even gay, how would you be offended? But if you are gay, how does being called it offend you? It's what you are...

There are many words that I think shouldn't be blocked. Like h!tler... How tf are you gonna insult someone by calling them h!tler? And if they say something like "I love h!tler and how he killed Jews" and stuff, then they are probably some 8 year old looking to start a flame war on the internet. And if H!tler is blocked, why not block Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung) or Josef Stalin, they killed WAY more people and ALOT more of them were their own people. Only 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust, most h!tler killed were his enemies. While Stalin killed 20 million Russian people not including those who died in the war when fighting. And why not block Genghis Khan? He went around Asia and Europe pillaging villages, slaughtering people, and, you know, making more children to have as many descendants as possible. And what about Leopold II of Belgium? Who collected raw materials from the Congo through forced labor of the Africans there, and when production quotas were not met, they were beaten, abused, and mutilated. Death toll ≈ 10-15 million. But getting back to the point, why block the word h!tler if there were people out there who did worse atrocities? If you're gonna block one, you gotta block them all. But in my opinion, I don't think the word "h!tler" should be blocked at all.

Majorconnor10

I don't think we should be teaching kids who are 6, 7, or 8 what these words mean. That is not up to us. That's up to the parents.

If there are 5,6,7 year olds playing Minecraft, they don't need to be exposed to this word and other words that other people have been bringing up.

You know the State of California is now teaching 2nd graders about G.a.y and Lez people... And that's the GOVERNMENT!!! So, kids actually DO need to be exposed to the word by law in California. And maybe in other states soon too. And if you're 5/6, how are you gonna know what G.a.y means? So they aren't being "exposed" to the words, because they don't know what they mean.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff

The only person I know who uses Americas Constitutional amendments falsely to get a point across.

Anyways, For starters Freedom of Speech is strictly American, and doesn't apply to Private Properties.
This includes Websites and even Minecraft servers. It is are place to decide what people can say or not say respectfully about other people.

After reading and deleting several pages of Off Topic Comments/flamebaits/Incorrect Statements This Thread shall suffer a lock, and I have changed my vote from Neutral to Disagree, the immaturity from the Pro side makes their argument less convincing and I do not see anything wrong with our current system.

The con side has said allowing people to openly talk about sexuality itself on the server is just going to lead to more problems.
Which I personally agree with. I said this in creative yesterday, This is a video game where the type of people you like doesn't matter, and A lot of people don't wanna know who you feel love towards while playing this game. They play minecraft to have fun and to get away from the issues that are plaguing the world. ( MineJam said this as well.)

There is no reason to unblock this word that I can see because this thread alone tells me it will cause a lot of problems. We banned religious and political discussion for a reason, if the community can't even have a casual debate about topics such as this, Then they certainly can't handle being able to talk about it openly without any restrictions.

Thread locked,

~ST0RM

Status
Not open for further replies.