• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Should Gay Be Unblocked From Filter?

Should The Word *** Be Unblocked From Filter?

• Yes (I agree)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • YES (I strongly Agree)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • no (I Disagree)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • NO (I strongly Disagree)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Neutral (Not Sure)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
And the whole reason the word a filterd is Bc of things like this tread that makes arguments and fights about his kind of thing. It's the same reason of politics and religion. So ppl don't get into fights and arguments about his types of things.

MintySuga

Sure it's a word with a Meaning but it's a good meaning e-e
This is the 21st century I think people know how to behave, in this generation we actually accept people for who they are e-e
Yeah sure there will be kids who will make jokes and rude comments about the word so?
If you don't support LGBT+ well then that's just your opinion...

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
This is the 21st century I think people know how to behave, in this generation we actually accept people for who they are e-e
Yeah sure there will be kids who will make jokes and rude comments about the word so?
Kids will be kids.

Decis

Thank. You.

ilysvm

Yup! If we are talking about expressing ourselves and being allowed to do it. Us straight people need something to occupy us so Religion and Politics need to be added.
Okay, so I don't get why you're bringing an actual adult subject into this considering you have to be 18 in most places to vote. I don't know most people besides staff that are over the age of 18. So if you're comparing a political debate to us being aloud to say a word that describes us, I don't know why you'd think those two subjects are just as equal. Children are able to grasp the concept of people loving who they love more then government, and full out political debates. But go ahead, start a thread for political debates to be aloud. I wouldn't mind, but just don't compare it to this.

ilysvm

Thank you. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS WHY the word is filterd out
Actually, they encouraged debating on this subject, and even though I'm not typically being rude to anyone, I just don't know why you're saying that's why the words are filtered when it's because of immature kids. :/

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Me saying stop fighting is why the word, "G.a.y" is filtered out....? What??
No I was saying thank you for saying stop fighting. And I was saying they word is filterd out Bc of fights like these. Sorry if I was not clear.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Actually, they encouraged debating on this subject, and even though I'm not typically being rude to anyone, I just don't know why you're saying that's why the words are filtered when it's because of immature kids. :/
I'm saying this could hurt some ppl if this came up in HHG chat. And to me it is considerd cyber bulling if you make fun of some ones gender or sexuality.

Decis

No I was saying thank you for saying stop fighting. And I was saying they word is filterd out Bc of fights like these. Sorry if I was not clear.
Fights like these are suppose to mean something, though. Like how we're fighting over something we want unfiltered because we believe in it. It means that some of us will take a stand over something we think is not right.

ilysvm

Yeah, the only reason I don't understand is why we just can't maybe just allow is in broadcast, because of right now it's that way, where it's only aloud in broadcast. But one of my reasons was that if it does really become an issue, people can report abusers of the filter being lifted, and if it comes to it, the filter can be put back on, but at least this time there was an actual event for it to be put back on instead of it just being there from the beginning. Sorry if my grammar seems a little out of place, it's a little late where I live and i'n tired lol.

bbaaiilleeyy

Yeah, the only reason I don't understand is why we just can't maybe just allow is in broadcast, because of right now it's that way, where it's only aloud in broadcast. But one of my reasons was that if it does really become an issue, people can report abusers of the filter being lifted, and if it comes to it, the filter can be put back on, but at least this time there was an actual event for it to be put back on instead of it just being there from the beginning. Sorry if my grammar seems a little out of place, it's a little late where I live and i'n tired lol.
See I agree with Caitlin..

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I think it is harder to keep the filters on the broad cast same thing with msg. But if they take it off and there are ppl abusing it, witch we all know there will be ppl doing that. That is a lot more problems for the staff team to deal with.

Decis

I think it is harder to keep the filters on the broad cast same thing with msg. But if they take it off and there are ppl abusing it, witch we all know there will be ppl doing that. That is a lot more problems for the staff team to deal with.
But Mod+ can see broadcast so...

bbaaiilleeyy

That's also true. We can only hope that people won't.

ilysvm

True but keep in mind that it is a block game and a kid server,
At first I wanted the filter completely gone, but now I realize reasons why it can't be aloud because of abusers, especially in the pvp community, how some people like to call little kids gay, (no offense I know you're a part of that community) and I now I would at least want it to just be available in broadcast, and in public chat would be a lot better, but I understand why that would be controversial.

ParadoxTaco

As much as a hate mixing in with these arguments... that always end in flame baiting.... But why not...
Imma say it now... I don't care... As some have pointed out... its a used in RP. Which is great... go ahead. But I really don't see the point. And lets look back at this servers history alright?

1. Something displeased people 2. They argue about this to the staff "cause staff problems" 3. The rant on forums about it much like this post. 4. The thing that bothers them has been fixed/removed. 5. People complain... even people that supported it... 6. It gets set back to normal 7. Repeat

Now. I fine with *** and such. I could careless. You are You. But... I would like to kindle point out that out of 21 votes for yes currently, and 13 for no. Lets take a moment to do some math. 21 is larger then 13... so yes is winning... now... average people on the server is round 300-400. that's around 280-380 people who might not have a forum account or haven't voted. But its not to unblock it on just forums. Its for the server aswell. Now think of all the people who are not okay with it, but don't check forums. and all the sudden *** is being spammed in rp's and more. Bring about problems, causing more forums account and more shade being thrown. As ive stated, I could care less about this... however, what I do care about is this server. and this would cause people to leave... decreasing zains money income, pissing me off cause of lack of people to play with. And I will admit... I avoid creative because of bad rp's... I don't really want another reason to avoid it.

Thanks for reading this extremely long writing which I didn't wanna do... but it helps the server... also.. just saying now.. I did vote No.. Sorry.

-Paradox

ilysvm

See I think the key to this is to just have limitations on this, but to also allow it to some extent.

Decis

As much as a hate mixing in with these arguments... that always end in flame baiting.... But why not...
Imma say it now... I don't care... As some have pointed out... its a used in RP. Which is great... go ahead. But I really don't see the point. And lets look back at this servers history alright?

1. Something displeased people 2. They argue about this to the staff "cause staff problems" 3. The rant on forums about it much like this post. 4. The thing that bothers them has been fixed/removed. 5. People complain... even people that supported it... 6. It gets set back to normal 7. Repeat

Now. I fine with *** and such. I could careless. You are You. But... I would like to kindle point out that out of 21 votes for yes currently, and 13 for no. Lets take a moment to do some math. 21 is larger then 13... so yes is winning... now... average people on the server is round 300-400. that's around 280-380 people who might not have a forum account or haven't voted. But its not to unblock it on just forums. Its for the server aswell. Now think of all the people who are not okay with it, but don't check forums. and all the sudden *** is being spammed in rp's and more. Bring about problems, causing more forums account and more shade being thrown. As ive stated, I could care less about this... however, what I do care about is this server. and this would cause people to leave... decreasing zains money income, pissing me off cause of lack of people to play with. And I will admit... I avoid creative because of bad rp's... I don't really want another reason to avoid it.

Thanks for reading this extremely long writing which I didn't wanna do... but it helps the server... also.. just saying now.. I did vote No.. Sorry.

-Paradox
I highly understand, but 'let's take a moment' and figure out how many of those people actually care at all about this subject.

ImTea

Retired Staff
I don't agree with that at all really. No offense, but no matter what century it is, not everyone will know how to behave or how to accept other people for who they are. There are plenty of things wrong with the world and it's people, including labels, religion, etc. No matter what you do not everyone in the world is going to agree... I know that 90% of my school disagrees with same *** marrige, g.a.ys, etc.

Decis

True but there can be some times where there are only helpers or some ppl are not paying attention
Then too bad, but you know.. you can't always get away with everything. What about all those people who say inappropriate stuff and never get caught, what are you going to do about them? Nothing, because they got away with it, so well...

ParadoxTaco

I highly understand, but 'let's take a moment' and figure out how many of those people actually care at all about this subject.
You seem highly against everyone who disagrees. Clearly You agree... that's fine... but as many have stated, and I will now state... its a block game... Is it really that bad you cant express yourself in a game full of hackers and 12 year olds... Cause I sure wouldn't. Now im a straight male... and if I had a gay friend, which I don't know. I wouldn't care. He became my friend for a reason... now... if he goes around telling everyone he is gay... then yes... I would be abit bothered... Then, if he lashed out when someone disagreed with him. then I wouldn't be very happy with my friend choices. all in all, why do you need it.. why do you truly need a word(s) Unblocked from a server. I don't see the point... and no arguments have really even moved me... gday... and for unblocking it... goodluck... I wont leave the server... but I sure will be abit bothered and the highly uneeded threads being posted. Feel free to disagree.

-Paradox

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
You seem highly against everyone who disagrees. Clearly You agree... that's fine... but as many have stated, and I will now state... its a block game... Is it really that bad you cant express yourself in a game full of hackers and 12 year olds... Cause I sure wouldn't. Now im a straight male... and if I had a *** friend, which I don't know. I wouldn't care. He became my friend for a reason... now... if he goes around telling everyone he is ***... then yes... I would be abit bothered... Then, if he lashed out when someone disagreed with him. then I wouldn't be very happy with my friend choices. all in all, why do you need it.. why do you truly need a word(s) Unblocked from a server. I don't see the point... and no arguments have really even moved me... gday... and for unblocking it... goodluck... I wont leave the server... but I sure will be abit bothered and the highly uneeded threads being posted. Feel free to disagree.

-Paradox
^
And I said it's a block game xD

I'm confused now, what basic rights are you looking for from a Minecraft server? HHG already has rules in place to try and protect all players from getting offended, feelings hurt and heated arguments.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.