• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Staff Need Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetfox

Now if any staff ARE reading this, this is not to offend staff its mean't to help them improve.
Now the main reason i'm posting this is because I got banned for hacking and the person who banned me banned me off of one piece of "evidence" a helper ran towards me and was using the invisible kit thingy (I don't really have any kits yet I don't know their names) I saw his sword out and hit him he was low, he put his sword away and tried to run away I saw his sprint particles and killed him around 40 seconds after that I was banned (Yes, I appealed my ban expires in around 22 hours hoping my appeal does get read soon though.) I just found this ignorant of the staff to not consider the VANILLA FEATURES OF MINECRAFT that make it possible for me to see that he was invisible, basically I'm just saying think it over if you think someone IS hacking you should watch them for a bit and see if a similar situation happens and they do something that looks like hacking try to replicate the situation with that player again and test them.

(This post is not to hate on the staff, and please don't sass me in the comments section that I just posted this because I was banned.)

pofoproud

Trusted Member
idk what to say but imma be weird and say, i liKE ThiS. okay but seriously u should message zainos bout this ig oof

Trenly

Admin
Admin
idk what to say but imma be weird and say, i liKE ThiS. okay but seriously u should message zainos bout this ig oof
They said they made a punishment dispute. That means that the evidence will be reviewed and that if what they said in this thread is true then something will be done about it. I would be skeptical that the staff did not take into account footstep particles, and if they didn't take into account if they had their sword out or not.

joexxx6

Most staff rarely play pvp so they’re not really knowledgable of all the features. For example if a staff member only came on pvp once in a blue moon and didn’t have a very fast computer if I kill them as carpetfox did when they’re invis when I saw their particles they would ban me because they would think I can see them when they’re invis. What I think the staff need to do is be trained to know what is hacking and what isn’t hacking. If you do this then the staff team will improve.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Most staff rarely play pvp so they’re not really knowledgable of all the features. For example if a staff member only came on pvp once in a blue moon and didn’t have a very fast computer if I kill them as carpetfox did when they’re invis when I saw their particles they would ban me because they would think I can see them when they’re invis. What I think the staff need to do is be trained to know what is hacking and what isn’t hacking. If you do this then the staff team will improve.
As I said, I would be skeptical that the staff did not take into account footstep particles, and if they didn't take into account if they had their sword out or not.

carpetfox

Honestly Trenly, I don't even know a guy got banned for having the username [removed] thats like banning the owner of the server just because they're name is the servers name. Also I just think the staff need to be more knowledgeable about minecraft's features and such. But I would atleast like a quick Ban Dispute reply considering I did get false banned I'm not angry at the staff team I just wish for them to improve :/

Last edited by a moderator:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
A lot of players I’m seeing recently are being banned from the Server for silly reasons that they post on the Forums. It does seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Then again, health and safety regulations are getting ridiculous in real life that you can’t even walk outside whilst wearing a sandal in case you trip over (I was actually told that by a school before, and that was actually one of their rules. It was the middle of Summer!) I can agree that Minecraft Servers need to loosen up a bit more and stop getting so serious about silly reasons that don’t actually effect anyone.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
A lot of players I’m seeing recently are being banned from the Server for silly reasons that they post on the Forums. It does seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Then again, health and safety regulations are getting ridiculous in real life that you can’t even walk outside whilst wearing a sandal in case you trip over (I was actually told that by a school before, and that was actually one of their rules. It was the middle of Summer!) I can agree that Minecraft Servers need to loosen up a bit more and stop getting so serious about silly reasons that don’t actually effect anyone.
if u want a more loose ruled server.. leave.. oof

MineJam

Retired Staff
I know everything you just stated. Then again you were talking about a helper so I know it wasn't me. And I usually get a LOT of evidence in those situations due to the controversy that situations like those cause.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I agree on this part
Now if any staff ARE reading this, this is not to offend staff its mean't to help them improve.
Now the main reason i'm posting this is because I got banned for hacking and the person who banned me banned me off of one piece of "evidence" a helper ran towards me and was using the invisible kit thingy (I don't really have any kits yet I don't know their names) I saw his sword out and hit him he was low, he put his sword away and tried to run away I saw his sprint particles and killed him around 40 seconds after that I was banned (Yes, I appealed my ban expires in around 22 hours hoping my appeal does get read soon though.) I just found this ignorant of the staff to not consider the VANILLA FEATURES OF MINECRAFT that make it possible for me to see that he was invisible, basically I'm just saying think it over if you think someone IS hacking you should watch them for a bit and see if a similar situation happens and they do something that looks like hacking try to replicate the situation with that player again and test them.

(This post is not to hate on the staff, and please don't sass me in the comments section that I just posted this because I was banned.)
But if you already made a punishment discute there is no need to make a thread about this

Last edited:

x1x

I'm going to be honest here, I disagree with the fact that you made this thread because you got banned, but overall agree. I'm pissy about my ban too and am going to be a hypocrite. I agree that you were unfairly banned, as well. The staff are a bit biased and unfair. At times they will ban players and mute players for doing minor things while they see others doing that all the time and don't keep punishments constant for players who made the same action as the punished player. I am keeping in mind that there might be multiple offenses in this situation. Here's an example: My friend Aly*** and I were playing and she said that someone had HIV when they didn't and people in chat said "Wait, fish has HIV?" and I said "No, Aly*** has HIV." I then was muted for 5 days so I wrote on a sign: I just got muted for 5 days to communicate to them and they asked stuff so I replied using a sign. I got banned 5 days for doing this, which is fair. Here's the bad part. I got my brother to come on 3 days later to check on my island and he specifically asked if reporting to me what my island looks like after I was temp banned is alting or against the rules and if it was, he would leave and be warned. They banned him without answering the question or giving him a chance to just leave. unfair bruh. okay done complaining about my ban. My point is that staff need to more open-minded and understanding. lol this makes no sense. still posting<3

I'm the biggest hypocrite here btw, but you should've appealed and not made this post at all even tho i agree sooo much!

x1x

I can relate, I was perm banned by a staff member because they thought I was bypassing my mute with an alt without the evidence being looked over first. They're only motive was a player saying we bypassed. I do agree that some staff need to be a bit more cautious when they make the decision on whether to ban someone or not because its often based on a small amount of evidence given by another player.
Hey Ivy_! You joined HHG on my birthday!!!! Unrelated.

Ivy_

I'm going to be honest here, I disagree with the fact that you made this thread because you got banned, but overall agree. I'm pissy about my ban too and am going to be a hypocrite. I agree that you were unfairly banned, as well. The staff are a bit biased and unfair. At times they will ban players and mute players for doing minor things while they see others doing that all the time and don't keep punishments constant for players who made the same action as the punished player. I am keeping in mind that there might be multiple offenses in this situation. Here's an example: My friend Aly*** and I were playing and she said that someone had HIV when they didn't and people in chat said "Wait, fish has HIV?" and I said "No, Aly*** has HIV." I then was muted for 5 days so I wrote on a sign: I just got muted for 5 days to communicate to them and they asked stuff so I replied using a sign. I got banned 5 days for doing this, which is fair. Here's the bad part. I got my brother to come on 3 days later to check on my island and he specifically asked if reporting to me what my island looks like after I was temp banned is alting or against the rules and if it was, he would leave and be warned. They banned him without answering the question or giving him a chance to just leave. unfair bruh. okay done complaining about my ban. My point is that staff need to more open-minded and understanding. lol this makes no sense. still posting<3

I'm the biggest hypocrite here btw, but you should've appealed and not made this post at all even tho i agree sooo much!
Wow thats a bit rude of them :/ I had a similar experience.

Reactions: x1x

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
First of all, please guys understand that we have a specific part of the forum for dealing with punishments, which can be found here: http://happy-hg.com/forum/forums/punishment-disputes.10/
Understand that posting a thread here because you are angry that you got banned and giving ONLY PART OF THE STORY to seem like you didn't break the rules, doesn't help at all and just causes more hate and toxicity within the community.
Secondly, maybe not everyone is aware but when a staff member application is accepted and the interview phrase is passed too, the staff member goes through a training period not only to ensure the new staff member is fully aware of all server features in every single server (For example, the ghost kit of kit pvp) but also that the staff member is fully capable to understand every single type of hack AND fully knows how to differenciate hacks from skill. Furthermore, that's not all. A staff member is FORCED to gather a lot of evidence BEFORE being able to execute a punishment, even if it's a simple kick for spamming. Making a single punishment without valid evidence can get the staff member demoted in seconds, so we take extremely seriously that. Nevertheless, some offenses may need more evidence than others, specially regarding hacks. That's why we have a discord channel in where we discuss all the evidence and make sure that it's 100% valid and the user is actually hacking before executing the ban. And this isn't a decision taken by only one staff member, but as a team as a whole. So yeah, if you still believe you didn't break the rules at all, but you got punished, feel free to submit a ban appeal and the entire team will review the evidence regarding your punishment, but understand very well that IF YOU ACTUALLY BROKE THE RULES AND WE GOT EVIDENCE OF THAT, YOU WON'T BE UNBANNED, AND COMPLAINING IN THE FORUMS WON'T CHANGE THAT.
Finally, as every single Minecraft server does, we take advertising very seriously here too. I know that banning a player because his name was the same as a server may sound silly, but understand that the player was first warned twice first that he is currently breaking our server rules (http://www.happy-hg.com/rules/) and he needs to change its name in order to continue playing. However, he decided to not care about the rules so we were forced to take action.
Hope this clarifies up some stuff and remember, follow the server rules and you won't get in trouble :)
Have a good one.

- Thread Locked (Appeals are dealt only at the punishment disputes section of our forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.