• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

World Edit Tutorial

Omnisent

Trusted Member
WHAT IS W/E?
World Edit is a tool/mod that is used in Minecraft servers to build easier. Some of the things you can do are to create hollow spheres in mid-air, create hollow cubes, and make walls.
So here are the basic commands to World Edit.
BASIC COMMANDS
To make most of the things you can do with World Edit, you would need a tool called the Wand.
To get it, type in //wand in the chat box. It is represented as a wooden axe, and will select areas by left clicking to create the first spot, and right click to create the second spot.
To fill in an area, what you want to do is left click the area you wish, and right click the other area.
Type in //set (any block name such as diamond, stone, ect.)
All of the blocks inside the two selected areas will be filled with the desired block.
Here is a chart for an example:
1-------------------|
|this will be filled|
|with the blocks |
Sorry if it's bad, but never-mind that.
Oh no! You were griefed and there is lava everywhere!
There are, actually, 2 commands for that.
One of the commands is //replace. I personally use this more than I do //set.
So to get rid of all of the lava, type //replace lava air. All of the lava in the areas selected.
If you are griefed with a different block, you can change it to //replace sponge air, //replace wool air, etc.
The other command is //drain. To widen the range of all the lava/water drained, you want to raise the number by //drain, for instance //drain 40. In a 40 block radius, all the lava/water will be drained.
Here come the more difficult commands.
MORE DIFFICULT COMMANDS
If you hate having to try building big spheres, there is a much easier way.
It's called //sphere.
There are 2 //spheres you can use: //sphere and //hsphere. hsphere is for hollow spheres.
To make it, type //sphere/hsphere (any block) and the radius (1,2,3,4, etc.)
The higher the radius, the bigger the ball. The block determines what block the ball is made of.
Be careful, though, if you are in survival use //hsphere instead. Otherwise you'll get a block to the face and probably die.
Here is the brush command, the most useful tool in all of World Edit.
BRUSH
So most people don't know of this, and I think they should.
Brushes are bound to an item that you use.
There are three brush commands: /br smooth, /br sphere, and /br cyl.
/br cyl creates a cylinder that is made up to 5 blocks high. (6 is 5 blocks.)
what you type is //br cyl (any block) 6 6 to make the biggest cylinder at the block you are looking at.
/br sphere makes a sphere where you are looking.
What you type is /br sphere (block) (1,2,3,4,5)
/br smooth is the best one there is. It smooths out anything, so if you make a ton of spheres with /br sphere, you can smooth it out so it looks like a landmark. Neat, huh?
What you type is /br smooth (1,2,3,4,5,6) (1,2,3,4,5,6)
I recommend /br smooth 4 4 so not everything gets too smoothed out.
Now what you may want to do, is to add a mask.
For /br cyl you may want to only cover air, so you type /mask air and it will bind it with the brush on the item held. If you only want to cover air with a sphere, type /mask air.
If you only want to smooth stone, type /mask stone.
Here are 2 great videos to help you a bit further.
So I hope you all like this tutorial, and thanks!

LocknReload

Very good and detailed guide :D This will sure help out some people who are new to using the commands and the plugin itself

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Guides and tutorials are only for the server stuff, I'll move it to general discussion.
Do you think we can still move it to Guides and tutorials? Zainos made a thread on there for how to type in colours, and that's on a ton of other servers. So I don't see why it shouldn't be there :)

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Do you think we can still move it to Guides and tutorials? Zainos made a thread on there for how to type in colours, and that's on a ton of other servers. So I don't see why it shouldn't be there :)
Yeah, IK he did, but when I did my tutorial Chris told me that section os only for the server

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
worldedit only effects mocking jays and builders, and there is a tutorial command block for both for this, which is a lot more clearer and explains a bit more (and mocking jays can use 10% of those commands :/):

_Bach_

Retired Staff
:') This is beautiful!

Thanks Zainos! :D

And good tutorial btw Deku.

I would recommend including some of the lesser known World Edit Functions that people may use such as /naturalize and Biome Changes :D