• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP upgrade the Anti-cheat?

Fu3rza

Usually when i get on pvp and there is a hacker, they hack and it takes the anti-cheat like 50 years ( not literally) to kick them and last time i got kicked was because of "kill- aura pvp" i was standing in one spot and lagging. If the anticheat kicks non-hacking players but barely kicks players using hacks, then what kind of Anti-cheat is this? It should be improved at least.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I say that you should record and report the hackers, or message any online staff. And if you find the ACP kicking you falsely, record what you are doing or what is happening when it kicks you so Zainos can fix false positives.

q3hardcore

Retired Staff
It seems like most of the time hackers end up leaving eventually because they're tired of getting kicked, so is it really worth the effort of recording them? It would be nice if staff were on more often, so we could actually report hackers straight away. It's pretty hard to start recording someone when you're on a high kill streak, especially when you're in Shadow and they can still tell where you are. Trying to get yourself kicked for false positives is even more annoying because if you succeed, you often get killed for combat logging. In the past, I have been kicked for "Hitting too far away", "Suspicious (killaura-like) combat" and "Not taking knockback", and I have never used hacks. I think that the current anti-cheat needs to be replaced entirely.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It seems like most of the time hackers end up leaving eventually because they're tired of getting kicked, so is it really worth the effort of recording them? It would be nice if staff were on more often, so we could actually report hackers straight away. It's pretty hard to start recording someone when you're on a high kill streak, especially when you're in Shadow and they can still tell where you are. Trying to get yourself kicked for false positives is even more annoying because if you succeed, you often get killed for combat logging. In the past, I have been kicked for "Hitting too far away", "Suspicious (killaura-like) combat" and "Not taking knockback", and I have never used hacks. I think that the current anti-cheat needs to be replaced entirely.
If you're shadow and they can tell where you are, that's the easiest one to record. In the case of false positives I didn't mean to try and get kicked. If it seems to be happening regularly, then record it.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I say that you should record and report the hackers, or message any online staff. And if you find the ACP kicking you falsely, record what you are doing or what is happening when it kicks you so Zainos can fix false positives.
I often suffer with the same problems as this guy, I still now get kicked for kill-aura even when right now I have a damaged wrist and often get kicked for hitting too far away when I'm using speed kits, which does tell me as well that the anti-cheat isn't brilliant. Yes we can record and report the hackers but in honesty 9/10 of the people on the server don't know what hacks look like, and not to be rude but I've seen people get banned who haven't been hacking by staff, and a lot of people who have got away with hacking when the staff are on. Also yes, I have seen people say to staff before that the anti-cheat isn't working right and I haven't seen a change. What I propose for this is that,

1. The anti-cheat needs upgrading or tweaking and testing.
2. There need to be more staff recruited. Obviously I'm not going to be staff again, and I wouldn't even be let in for staff now anyhow, but there seriously needs to be more staff, there isn't enough on at times when you need them.
3. The staff need like a proper training course, because I don't know if it's any different now but I didn't get any training for seeing hacks in staff, luckily I already knew what I was doing with that sort of thing. Now while I wouldn't be willing to be a staff again, I would be willing to help with training staff in this as it's for the good of my gameplay and I'm fed up of hackers getting away so much.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I often suffer with the same problems as this guy, I still now get kicked for kill-aura even when right now I have a damaged wrist and often get kicked for hitting too far away when I'm using speed kits, which does tell me as well that the anti-cheat isn't brilliant. Yes we can record and report the hackers but in honesty 9/10 of the people on the server don't know what hacks look like, and not to be rude but I've seen people get banned who haven't been hacking by staff, and a lot of people who have got away with hacking when the staff are on. Also yes, I have seen people say to staff before that the anti-cheat isn't working right and I haven't seen a change. What I propose for this is that,

1. The anti-cheat needs upgrading or tweaking and testing.
2. There need to be more staff recruited. Obviously I'm not going to be staff again, and I wouldn't even be let in for staff now anyhow, but there seriously needs to be more staff, there isn't enough on at times when you need them.
3. The staff need like a proper training course, because I don't know if it's any different now but I didn't get any training for seeing hacks in staff, luckily I already knew what I was doing with that sort of thing. Now while I wouldn't be willing to be a staff again, I would be willing to help with training staff in this as it's for the good of my gameplay and I'm fed up of hackers getting away so much.
^

diidu

I've been kicked once for suspicious killaura-like combat (trying to kill a hacker who could see me invisible), hitting too far away 7 times (sometimes I throw tnt too far and it kicks me) and I've never once used or downloaded a hacked client in my life, and don't plan to EVER. I agree, the anti cheat does need a lil bit of updating..

AlaskanSkies

Sometimes people are invisible but they have arrows stuck on them, which is why I can see them some of the time... Just thought I'd point that out :p it isn't always hacks

diidu

I checked myself for arrows and my friend was watching it happen, she saw no arrows anywhere close to where I was being attacked