• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars Treasure Island

_Bach_

Retired Staff
REKT Build Team is finally back with another map (and more to come)!

This map features 16 islands: 8 tropical and 8 volcanic. On the tropical side is a "light" ship and on the volcanic side there is a "dark" ship. Finally, there are beacons to denote spawn points (on the volcanic islands they are slightly off center, but placed to make sure they dont spawn in lava xD)

Here are some pictures!

84aa860cb794a2f27f53cbb140489009.png

7ababf23094b32101144b20cb6406f32.png

19936761dcacacc77b0c42b542193e05.png

54fed17be0ea7c3f56231aaec5495cf6.png

45f2a2bb3cfbb399a1b200c1113029ec.png

Contributors:
_Bach_
SAFollis (who did the screenshots as well)
_vibes
ParadoxTaco
Lowvex

Last edited:

ParadoxTaco

wow... almost forgot I helped with this map.. mostly dem huts.. mmmm... they be some fine huts. but ignoring mah huts. the map looks great guys

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The ships look great! I love them! I also like the palm trees, the bottoms of the islands, and the huts are okay too.
But the ring around the ships look too noisy and messy in my opinion, also, it does my head in when there is grass/podzil underneath a block. I hate it about as much as I hate glowstone xD
The players who spawn on the volcano islands will have a disadvantage from the other players because of the lava, it could interrupt combat.
So i'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.
But I would highly recommend trying to fit the ships into another map REKT builds.

Last edited:

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
The ships look great! I love them! I also like the palm trees, the bottoms of the islands, and the huts are okay too.
But the ring around the ships look too noisy and messy in my opinion, also, it does my head in when there is grass/podzil underneath a block. I hate it about as much as I hate glowstone xD
The players who spawn on the volcano islands will have an un-advantage from the other players because of the lava, it could interrupt combat.
But I would highly recommend trying to fit the ships into another map REKT builds.
I disagree 100%. I love the ring around the map that would be way better for pvp and plus it would be hard and more exiting for to dodge arrows and bows. And it is not always an advantage with the volcano island. Most players could use it to there advantage. Bye putting the other players in the lava.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I disagree 100%. I love the ring around the map that would be way better for pvp and plus it would be hard and more exiting for to dodge arrows and bows. And it is not always an advantage with the volcano island. Most players could use it to there advantage. Bye putting the other players in the lava.
The point is that all players have to have the same advantages. If one player can be hit into lava but another cant, its unfair.

I agree with iiJam that there are too many textures in the ring. And I also hate when podzol is under another block. While the ring is nice to have, it has to be well made.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
The players who spawn on the volcano islands will have a disadvantage from the other players because of the lava, it could interrupt combat.
^ EPICMATT88

MeltWood

Ah yes, I remember that lava feature. I think I told someone that they should change it so it wouldn't be a disadvantage but oh well.

I actually like the ring, and I think that in the right scenario having podzol or grass under a block gives a certain disorderly-ness, although usually it just looks bad and unprofessional.

Hope you guys can fix up the map and re-submit!

_Bach_

Retired Staff
The issues listed above are actually reasonable fixes, and we can edit them very soon.

The middle ring can be fixed to have better block choice/placement so its not as cluttered and dirty. I personally dont mind it, but I see what you mean about it.

Additionally, the lava issue on the islands is one that is very reasonable. We had the thought to make players have fire resistance, but decided against that.
However, it would be easy to convert the islands from volcano islands to dark ghostly islands (which honestly would fit the black ship better anyway).

So we can work on those and see what we come up with! If not we can snag a couple of the best features for other maps :)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
The issues listed above are actually reasonable fixes, and we can edit them very soon.

The middle ring can be fixed to have better block choice/placement so its not as cluttered and dirty. I personally dont mind it, but I see what you mean about it.

Additionally, the lava issue on the islands is one that is very reasonable. We had the thought to make players have fire resistance, but decided against that.
However, it would be easy to convert the islands from volcano islands to dark ghostly islands (which honestly would fit the black ship better anyway).

So we can work on those and see what we come up with! If not we can snag a couple of the best features for other maps :)
Good can't wait.