• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Jigsaw The Office Jigsaw map!

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Did you like it? Was there anything troubling or was it all good?
Laggy, because there was a bunch of dropped quartz and redstone above these command blocks that I couldn't pick up which created a lot of lag I think. I wasn't even able to really play it xD
so much block sound spam xD

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
this would have to be split into levels..

also, the crafting and some other stuff would be hard to do

the map has very little detail also!

all of these levels have already been implemented in the jigsaw map we have now

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
What do you mean the crafting and some other stuff would be hard to do?
if every player were to try to earn the stuff, it would be hard to set it up due to plugins and may give other players strange stuff.

if they added some stuff like it auto crafts like in level 28, that would be great! :D

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I added more detail
wZmoFY0.png
6v2GscX.png
gcTrcGg.png

The redstone has been moved so you can't hear it and also I have put directions for people to see!
f2MW4fk.png
the walls look very bland..
the lighting is a little poor and doesnt really fit in well
the general block choice is bad
some things like the paintings and chairs are off centered and dont look good, for they are very uneven
the use of maps is very overused in the map

you really need to work on it

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
Have you tried the map yet? First you should try the map before commenting on it, plus this is not a hunger games or a kit pvp map, it doesn't have to be over detailed! I don't see anything wrong with the lighting, you just need to turn up your brightness, and all the lights on the ceiling are for the most part evenly spaced, rememeber, this is an office not a 5 star hotel! Please try the map first! :) Trust me, there is no other map like this one
yes, it does have to be detailed.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Have you tried the map? I told you not to comment until you have tried it :/

The redstone causes me lag, even in singleplayer on a Good pc with optifine. When I put it on my server and tried it, it was even laggier. I did try adjusting my settings, but nothing really helped. Even with no particles, and no sounds.

AlaskanSkies

Yes it was all made with command blocks, sometimes i used @p, other times i used @a[r=3] to specify all players
The problem that was stated before, then, was that the targeting system wouldn't work. If multiple people are in the level it could throw it off by giving the wrong player items or teleporting the wrong player if someone is closer or if multiple people are inside the specified radius.
I haven't played this but the idea sounds cool =)

ThatPlat

The redstone causes me lag, even in singleplayer on a Good pc with optifine. When I put it on my server and tried it, it was even laggier. I did try adjusting my settings, but nothing really helped. Even with no particles, and no sounds.
Hmm strange, laptop or computer? I use a laptop, weird

ThatPlat

The problem that was stated before, then, was that the targeting system wouldn't work. If multiple people are in the level it could throw it off by giving the wrong player items or teleporting the wrong player if someone is closer or if multiple people are inside the specified radius.
I haven't played this but the idea sounds cool =)
Yea I need to update the map, i have tested it multiple times and I need to fix a lot of games, but since I used @a[r=3] it targets all players in a certain radius

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
the map works for me with no lag, but the command blocks dont work. a lot of them were programmed wrong. as i stated before, detail matters, and this map has got none!

i played the map and it is absolutely terrible! if you are going to submit a map, please finish it and test it! seems like it took you about 2 hours to make this whole map. if this was made thoroughly, it should take you about a week at minimum!

McChess

the map works for me with no lag, but the command blocks dont work. a lot of them were programmed wrong. as i stated before, detail matters, and this map has got none!

i played the map and it is absolutely terrible! if you are going to submit a map, please finish it and test it! seems like it took you about 2 hours to make this whole map. if this was made thoroughly, it should take you about a week at minimum!
What does the time it took to build matter? If it took 2 hours to make something but it is AMAZING it wouldn't matter would it?

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
What does the time it took to build matter? If it took 2 hours to make something but it is AMAZING it wouldn't matter would it?
not possible. unless you are the most accurate and fasted builder EVER, it is physically impossible to make a very great and detailed map in just 2 hours.