• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

The Definition of Mini-Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been getting yelled at for mini-modding for unjust reasons and I believe there should be a stricter explanation as to what mini-modding truly is, so the question here is, what's considered an acceptable form of it, and what's not?

Personally, I'm currently staff on a server so I have a gist as to what good or acceptable mini-modding is, helping players out, answering questions, instructing them of things that are against the rules (not being obnoxious about it or anything, just saying "Hey, that's not really allowed here" with ways to avoid breaking that specific rule like non-english in the main chat), while staff aren't on of course. Examples of poor mini-modding being threatening to punish players, or talking in all caps that a rule is being broken which in itself is breaking the watch the excessive caps rules, or trying to do a staff's job for them.

I just believe the definition of mini-modding being more clear because I checked the server rules and it doesn't say it's against the rules to begin with yet people still nag others not to do it.

Thanks for reading, much appreciated :)

iiMatt52

Imo mini-modding is doing any staff related job other than answering questions.. telling people to stop spamming, all caps and english only are all mini-modding. What I find amusing is when people tell someone to stop mini-modding when in reality them saying that makes them a mini-mod too. I agree that a clear definition as to what mini-modding is needs to be made public.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Mini Modding is essentially acting like staff/claiming staff permissions you don't have. Enforcing the rules as an authority is something only Staff are supposed to do. Threatening to ban people if they don't obey you, trying to enforce the rules, like "please don't start spam chains" etc. is considered mini-modding. This can also happen on forums by trying to enforce the rules or acting like a staff member.

The best course of action to take if you see someone breaking the rules is to screenshot them and report them or to message an online staff member. Instead of everyone trying to enforce the rules for themselves, it's better for Staff to do that job (hence why we have select staff members, and hence why we do not allow mini-modding). :)

Some people don't know that certain things are against the rules and will stop if told they can't do it. It lessens the excessive reports you (staff) probably already have to go through and makes for a better player experience in the long run
~Example~
Player: dusoslensieowndhwokwbruaowlbehaodmfeshjbr
Me: Please watch the character spam, it's not allowed, if you get frustrated just scream, it helps :p

andrew louie

Mini Modding is essentially acting like staff/claiming staff permissions you don't have. Enforcing the rules as an authority is something only Staff are supposed to do. Threatening to ban people if they don't obey you, trying to enforce the rules, like "please don't start spam chains" etc. is considered mini-modding. This can also happen on forums by trying to enforce the rules or acting like a staff member.

The best course of action to take if you see someone breaking the rules is to screenshot them and report them or to message an online staff member. Instead of everyone trying to enforce the rules for themselves, it's better for Staff to do that job (hence why we have select staff members, and hence why we do not allow mini-modding). :)
No staff?

_Bach_

Retired Staff
This has gotten WAY off topic. Flamebaiting and necroposting are both against the rules as well.
-Thread Locked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.