• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Survival

Voidstruck

Retired Staff
I've been thinking, there aren't many good survival gamemodes on servers these days. That's why I'm making this thread. I believe HHG could make a good yet challenging Survival Gamemode that many players could enjoy. All I need is the community's voice and suggestions. Should there be custom world terrain? Mcmmo? Custom enchants? Custom recipes? Should we have a survival gamemode at all? Leave your suggestions in the comments section down below and we will hopefully spread the word server wide and get as many suggestions as possible!

I think this is a good idea. I think that HHG should have a survival server that we could play on! I think there should NOT be custom terrain, but everything else is a YES! I <3 this idea!

BooBooRaven

Yes I think we should have survival but a differ from the classic survival would be cool. I think custom terrain could be awesome as a twist too. Yes pls basically.

Voidstruck

Retired Staff
Factions is already being worked on.
Factions is different than survival, it would be completely different entirely depending on what the community wants. Like there would probs be no griefing allowed and more teamwork throughout the community in the survival gamemode when factions is about building bases and raiding ppl.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I personally would just want a vanilla survival multiplayer experience, being able to try to get all achievements, making large contraptions, and working with other people together to get a full experience. I think there should not be custom terrain or anything really custom however I would not mind if certain aspects were to be added. I am against custom recipes and slightly against custom enchants.

If there is a world border added to this, which might be the case, I personally would want it to be as big as possible while manageable.

If this is also possible I'd want it to be in 1.12 which would be a lot more fun.

With griefing, I think that griefing should not be allowed, and probably could make it so if you do grief it is a survival ban only. However I wouldn't really want protection plugins etc. but wouldn't essentially mind having them if we have to have them.

So overall, it's a yes no matter the outcome really

Pandano

I like the idea, used to play on those server a lot 4 years ago. Custom terrain could be a good idea however it will need to be huge and will need to some good plugins to avoid grief, stealing from chests etc. Maybe a "party system" could be a thing in this game mode (like in sky block). Working on some stuff like giant pigmen xp farm in the nether with many people could be amazing. It will really need some protection plugins in my opinion. Edit : Imagine working on some huge houses/bases and people just grief it. Wasted time, energy and would pretty much make people leave.