• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Stand with France

Anchezz

Trusted Member
As I was telling Zainos yesterday, I wish there was a way to make your profile picture a "world flag" or like an "anti-ISIS" flag. It's not meant to levitate one group over the other. It's a well known flag and symbolizes the attacks as a whole. French people are not worth more than Lebanese, nor do I mean to show sympathy only for the French people.

The tragedy affected many people across the globe, and was an unusually large act of terror (similar to 9/11 in some people's minds). That said, by setting your profile picture, you are generating awareness, and making people stop and think, if even for a split second when they first see the change.

One can view it as discriminatory, but that is not the intent, nor I think the correct interpretation. I stand with France, proudly. I stand with Lebanon, proudly. I stand with Syria, proudly. Most importantly, I stand against ISIS, and any that would do acts of terror, anywhere.
I get your point and yes, I agree, it's nice to show respect in different ways like changing to Frances flag BUT it's kind of fun that people react now when these things happens everyday in other countries. No one ever changed their flag to another country. No one made a status about Lebanon or Syria, it was always about France. Just like the title of this thread, which makes it look like people care more about France due to the fact that they are given more attention than the other countries that are, were and will be exposed in similar or worse ways ✨

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Again, it's the name of a movement that symbolizes a stance against terror, where ever it occurs. I have personally done whatever I can to stop ISIS, and have used every medium of authority I have to help with this. I have called many congressmen and senators across the United States, and asked them to take into account my stance.

People may choose to give France more attention than other countries, and you may take offense to that, but in a way, that's how the world always is. Not everyone is given exact equal sympathy. Regardless, changing my profile picture was meant to sympathize with those innocent civilians who lost their lives this past Friday night, regardless of race, age, country or location. Their lives mattered, and were taken from them.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Again, it's the name of a movement that symbolizes a stance against terror, where ever it occurs. I have personally done whatever I can to stop ISIS, and have used every medium of authority I have to help with this. I have called many congressmen and senators across the United States, and asked them to take into account my stance.

People may choose to give France more attention than other countries, and you may take offense to that, but in a way, that's how the world always is. Not everyone is given exact equal sympathy. Regardless, changing my profile picture was meant to sympathize with those innocent civilians who lost their lives this past Friday night, regardless of race, age, country or location. Their lives mattered, and were taken from them.
So basically what you're saying is it has nothing to do with France, it could be any other countries flag on or pictures? If that's the case, I still don't like it because we would be TOO LATE to make a difference. Meaning: this attention should have occurred a long time ago because other countries have been exposed the same way, way before France. Still leading to the point where France, today, get our attention and not Syra or Lebanon. (Sorry if this is bad explained it sounded better in Swedish :p)

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Enough with the #PrayForParis
France does not need the world's pity, but rather Inspiration to stop organzations like ISIS. The Middle East and the World's powerful need to take a stand and exterminate these Extremists from wherever place they are hiding in. ISIS is stoppable so lets put #ENDISIS all over the media, maybe then people will get the point.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Anchezz maybe it could have been done earlier. But just cause it wasn't is again not racism or offensive. Lots of things could have happened sooner. Just look at the principle behind it, not necessarily the perfect timing of it. And it was sparked in light of the current attacks, which as a whole, were greater than many in the past.

Secondly, I agree with you El3ctr1cSt0rmXV. #EndISIS is a movement I'm 10% in agreement with xD

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
I wrote a really huge rant about why #DontPrayForParis is what should be trending but its 2controversal4me
If anyone wants to read it let me know and I might make a twitlonger tweet with it :)

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Sigh...
So guys, I found out that Russia is planning to... nuke ISIS.
Although this may seem like a good idea to some, it is actually a HORRIBLE idea.
Like iTut said, they are spread all over the world.
They are putting salt on the wounds Syria already has.
PLEASE everyone, PLEASE pray for everyone in the entire world, and protect them from ISIS' stupid ideas.
I've seen some videos about ISIS attacks, and from them I know that they are devils.
PLEASE, help everyone in the world, tell your friends and let them know bad things will happen.
I only pray that nothing too drastic happens to you guys, because I love you all (no, I'm not "happy". You know what I mean.)
Guys, if you do have a hashtag to post all over the internet, let it be #Prepare or #StandAgainstISIS

_Bach_

Retired Staff
The world is becoming a more and more dangerous place.... There are some sick people out there :(

Whatever the various governments of the world do, they should try, if at all possible to not kill any more innocent civilians, and to eliminate the growing threat of terror whether Isis, al quaeda, or any other force which rears its head.

Pandano

In light of the recent tragedies which have occurred in Paris, France a couple days ago, I think it would be appropriate to take a week to show our support for them. Join with me and change your profile picture to a French Flag (if even just for this week) to show your support for France!

Prayers with all of the families who are hurting, and healing for the nation of France.

GfceQbr.png

I'm french and it was pretty scary when the terrorists attacked #PrayForParis

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Someday Superman will come and save the world, then we won't have to deal with these problems, or maybe Master Balls will be invented so we can catch all the world leaders we hate and dump them in rivers. XD

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
I have my moments :) Sometimes...

Daughtry predicted the future though because erebody be waiting for superman *drum crash* ;)

iGalaXi

Retired Staff
Just in case no one has heard..... But the next attack was threatened to be on Washington DC. And for those of you who don't know where that is, it's the Capitol of the United States. World peace sounds so good and so simple, if it were only that simple. There will always be the "bad guys" that wanna screw everything up. We who want world peace are the majority, but it's the small minority that keeps the world so unstable

Zeronite

And you don't think that innocent people in Syria wouldn't also like to have a personal time to be in the movies, cafe, sport fields, without living in the fear and being forced to scape from its country due to the miserable life conditions which are being lived due to the devastating ISIS invasion? They deserve prayers and lot of help too!
The Master speaks the truth. #GlobalPeace