• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Staff Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handeril

I can say that this thread went off-topic around when people started calling a person a "tryhard"

Personally, I very much disapprove of this label, as I have been called it on other servers. A real "tryhard" is someone who will do absolutely anything to become a staff. Such actions may include, but are not limited to: Abandoning good friends, getting friends in trouble for one's betterment of image, and silencing one's critics somehow.

Going back to the original purpose of this thread, I don't think one can apply for any staff position other than helper/builder. (As is mostly the case across most servers.) Though, if you do good work and keep the mistakes to a minimum (along with picking your "battles" wisely), you may see yourself promoted up the ranks.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I can say that this thread went off-topic around when people started calling a person a "tryhard"

Personally, I very much disapprove of this label, as I have been called it on other servers. A real "tryhard" is someone who will do absolutely anything to become a staff. Such actions may include, but are not limited to: Abandoning good friends, getting friends in trouble for one's betterment of image, and silencing one's critics somehow.

Going back to the original purpose of this thread, I don't think one can apply for any staff position other than helper/builder. (As is mostly the case across most servers.) Though, if you do good work and keep the mistakes to a minimum (along with picking your "battles" wisely), you may see yourself promoted up the ranks.
Builder isn't staff

Handeril

Builder isn't staff

True, but builder is something you can apply for, and you do have a say in what builds are added to the server.

(Some people just count it as "technical staff" as you have an official rank that you have apply for. It's a little foolish, I know.)

Kuiah

Eh, that's just the direction threads go whenever I comment something, people respond, I respond.. And it goes from there. I mean I don't see a problem with the question going off topic because around 2-4 people answered the question before me.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
This isn't even my main account on the forums LOL. My main account has either been signed up here since 2013 or 2014, but I basically quit that one and made this one last year. Over a year I only commented around 300 times :/ while the 'real tryhards' have been here since 2016 & have around 1k messages.
What you said in that message was considered tryharding, doesn't matter when someone joins or how many messages they have, if they post things like that all the time then they're considered a tryhard. Well and ofc tryhards have a lot of messages

Status
Not open for further replies.