• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Someone please define necroposting

SAFollis

Trusted Member
So like if they posted last Wednesday, you'd be fine. If they posted last Tuesday, necroposting.

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
Basically, if the last reply says a literal date, and not like _ minutes ago, or a moment ago, or wednesday, than u can comment. thats what i use, but i am not that sure that it works

as trenly and safollis said, if the last post was more than 7 days ago, don't post on it

TRUST ME, you dont wanna do this! i got banned for necroposting..

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
Oh. Why is it bad to post on a thread after a week?
i think that it is because if 1 person revived EVERY thread on forums, you would never see which one is most recent, for if zainos was going over bugs and glitches, he may see a glitch from as long ago as 2013

just a guess :) staff dont delete my post im just guessing :p

MineJam

Retired Staff
If they don't want someone necroposting they can do a dandy little thing call locking a thread. though it is hard to lock every thread that is old. Mabey add something where it locks by itself after a week of being inactive?

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
I will quickly add that the only thread exempt from necroposting is my THHGC one (there will be an update soon I promise haha)

But other than that, as long as you don't necropost you should be good to go, don't feel bad because you didnt know! :)

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I will quickly add that the only thread exempt from necroposting is my THHGC one (there will be an update soon I promise haha)

But other than that, as long as you don't necropost you should be good to go, don't feel bad because you didnt know! :)
thats wot i thought.. until i got banned -.-