• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Some terrain I've been doing

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Although the terrain looks nice the block palette is quite boring and plain. All I can see is stone and snow, some more close up screenshots would be awesome to really see more of the detail used for the mountains. :)

joexxx6

Although the terrain looks nice the block palette is quite boring and plain. All I can see is stone and snow, some more close up screenshots would be awesome to really see more of the detail used for the mountains. :)

I agree, just stone on it's own doesn't look too great. Whenever I build a mountain I use cobblestone, stone, cyan clay, andesite and gravel. Maybe add some grass on top of some of the stone to give it that variety of colour and to keep it looking natural.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
IMG_1544.JPG
Have you seen a REAL picture of a mountain before xD?
Yes I have and having snow just on the bottom dose not make sense, due to the fact at the bottom of a mountain it is mostly rock and grass. And at the top of the mountain it is Colder with higher elevation there for making snow.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
View attachment 17939
Yes I have and having snow just on the bottom dose not make sense, due to the fact at the bottom of a mountain it is mostly rock and grass. And at the top of the mountain it is Colder with higher elevation there for making snow.
snow goes on the ground too ya know

And plus its mc and snow goes to the ground depending on the climate area and how high or low the clouds are and fog and such

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
snow goes on the ground too ya know

And plus its mc and snow goes to the ground depending on the climate area and how high or low the clouds are and fog and such
Ik but I’m just saying it is normally not just on the ground